Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Obama now be impeached?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    so in the 8th grade you knew some white people hated everyone different, but you didnt know that some people who have more complexion hate the pale ones??? did you think they just took all the hate and just loved the white man back??? or that people didnt bring their own bullsh1t drama when they immigrate??? you should know these things by the 8th grade...
    I'd never experienced it before. And I'd honestly never gave it any thought. I was surprised that it was quite common too. I figured racists were just a small percentage of the population. I'd grown up in a mixed neighborhood, and we never had any problems due to race.

in the 8th grade i got punched out by a skinhead at the bus loop... i didnt do anything... it was me and a friend who was black... we were just waiting for the bus and when they came thru they decided to hit me, but not my friend... and then when they were pretty far away they started yelling clear out n****r over and over... odd scene... not sure why they hit me and not him... before that i hadnt really known much about skinheads... i knew racism but id never actually met one of those big boots, plaid tight pants (if thats what you wanna call them) SS tattoo on the side of their head type of guys... id seen lots of punks, but not skinheads... most of the racism i was familiar with was the back and forth in the community between this group and that group... theres always something...

Was your friend bigger than you?

I actually worked at a grocery store as a teenager with a skinhead. He offered me "literature" one day, but I said I wasn't interested.

I think when it is youth doing it, it is about identifying and fitting in and the behaviours associated are nurtured once inside the group.

Kids in general don't naturally hate at all.
    That is easily provable and in fact has been shown in generational models and in long term multi-cultural societies.

Not saying racism doesn't exist in Canada, it sure does, but the divide is becoming an urban vs rural question.

you will find a lot of racism in rural areas and it is markedly less so in urban areas.

So, from that we can conclude that it is an exposure issue and therefore, once again has to do with the fear of the unknown that is built into many, if not most of us.

I don't believe it can be fully attributed to one narrow line of thinking though. But it is interesting observations that define racism these days.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

skinheads are garbage. whats really funny is when you get a racist person trying to 'recruit' you and you arent even 100% white but you just look it.

i have a friend with blond really curly hair, who looks white but his father is black. u can see it in his features but not in coloring.

i really think it has to do with how you are brought up, where, by who, and what you deal with in life.

racism does go both ways for sure.

many years ago i used to smoke cigs, and quit. one day i went to the bus stop and a black guy my age was in the bus shelter smoking (no smoking shelters btw), i had just quit like 2 days prior so i stood outside because i didnt want to be around the smoke. he flipped out at some mis percieved slight and started yelling at me at how im racist and wouldnt sit next to him. i ignored him. the bus came he got even louder and more vocal, trying to make me look racist to about 20 people. i had it. i told him; you're racist for even going there. i just quit smoking and you were in the no smoking booth smoking, do the math idiot. i have equal love for all people until they proove they dont deserve it. you are the racist here not me. stop being ignorant. you think because you are black and i am white im just goint to take your reverse racism bull****, im not. stop being a biggot, you obviously dont like white people. dont project your hate on me.

he stfu quick. at that point i was pretty ****ed too, trying to make me look like that in front of a group of strangers is too much.

everyone got very quiet lol. i dont think anyone expected the white man to defend himself on the subject of racism between a white and a black man.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You're right David.

I also have read that many skinheads, racists, etc come from poor backgrounds. They often blame other races for their (and their family's) bad lot in life. Hitler played on that perfectly.

definately. the few skinheads ive met all came from white trash backgrounds. they just decided to become even bigger trash

up here we have an anti racist gang call themselves sharps. its odd, they are like a gang that is anti skinhead.

last year one of their highly involved and outspoken members was victim of attemted assassination by some skinheads. ended up paralyzed from the waste down....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    *snip*
    he stfu quick. at that point i was pretty ****ed too, trying to make me look like that in front of a group of strangers is too much.

everyone got very quiet lol. I dont think anyone expected the white man to defend himself on the subject of racism between a white and a black man.
    People in general react like closing flowers when witness to confrontation.

Rare is the man who will step up to end a bad situation amicably.

This is a very difficult thing for people to breech and it is also just as difficult to teach yourself to step up when it is appropriate.

although, I don't think anyone should have stepped into that scene you were in. You said the right thing, the confrontation ended and everyone got something to digest with their heads as they took their bus ride with you and smokey the jerk. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

yeah my friend was bigger than i was, but we were both alot smaller than all of them... they were grown men... it was a weird experience... ive been in alot of violent situations, but ive always understood what was going on... at like 13 years old i didnt expect grown men to hit me unprovoked... i guess they saw me as a traitor...

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I think when it is youth doing it, it is about identifying and fitting in and the behaviours associated are nurtured once inside the group.

Kids in general don't naturally hate at all.
    That is easily provable and in fact has been shown in generational models and in long term multi-cultural societies.

Not saying racism doesn't exist in Canada, it sure does, but the divide is becoming an urban vs rural question.

you will find a lot of racism in rural areas and it is markedly less so in urban areas.

So, from that we can conclude that it is an exposure issue and therefore, once again has to do with the fear of the unknown that is built into many, if not most of us.

I don't believe it can be fully attributed to one narrow line of thinking though. But it is interesting observations that define racism these days.
    totally... people just dont know other races and just repeat an inherited bigotry... but the real hate isnt there... i see that alot, even today in the city...

ofcourse there will always be racists miserable pr1cks who just hate everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    You're right David.

I also have read that many skinheads, racists, etc come from poor backgrounds. They often blame other races for their (and their family's) bad lot in life. Hitler played on that perfectly.
    yeah you really see that in your neck of the woods with the mexicans and south americans... how many times have you heard THEY TOOK MY JOB... makes me think of the south park where all the rednecks keep saying THEY TOOK MAH JAB... funny sh1t...

what you have is the merging of workers from a poor economy moving into a wealthy one... they have a lower standard and the wealthier ones feel they bring down those standards... thankfully they havent been completely over-ridden because of the big unions keeping wages in the american ballpark and not the mexican standard... if an owner of a company had the option to pay 2 bucks a day to each worker do you think they would be patriotic and turn that down? no of course not... they would jump at it... thats why unions are so important... its the only thing keeping a balance... the only thing that stands between a worker and less pay is unions and government... government isnt very reliable in that respect, so unions become the backbone of the working class... whether you are in a union or not, you benefit from them...