Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where Can I find a Kwan Dao for sale

Well Dave I went back and re read some of the posts there where multiple posts saying buy MAM. I have wushu quality wpns and this was way thinner. It wasnt even taller than me . Im 73 inches. SO i guess 83 inches was a typo .
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Radplaiddude View Post
    Well Dave I went back and re read some of the posts there where multiple posts saying buy MAM. I have wushu quality wpns and this was way thinner. It wasnt even taller than me . Im 73 inches. SO i guess 83 inches was a typo .
    at 6'1" you are indeed 73 inches and if you are taller than the advertised 83.5" then you are correct and have not gotten what it was you were ordering.

I would exchange it for the dragon head (although Gene likes that one, I personally don't as a friend of mine has one)

When I bought mine from MAM about...7 years ago I guess or so, I got the heaviest one they offered.

Metal shaft, metal spike pommel, and thick ass chinese train track reforged into this 1/3" at base dao!

I freaking laughed when I hefted it.

No force, this will go through a large melon just dropping with it's own weight.
    sharp as a tack and no problem with the blade taken a whetstone or standard sharpener so the blade has enough carbon to get a good edge, but not so much that it's brittle.

I would recommend the heavy weight one. If you start with that one, you WILL be badass with a kwando as you learn it. It's like trying to move with grace whilst lifting weights with vigour. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dave
    Thanks for the advice. I almost kept it and thought donated to the kwoon so the kids would have something better. Thought about it and none of the kids are learning Kwan Dao. It hard to keep them coming to class.
    [

That's odd

I just went out to the warehouse and measured one of our wushu steel Kwan Dao. It's 83" as advertised. Now I'm wondering what you got, Radplaiddude. I just assumed that you got this model because you said it cost $99.

MartialArtsMart.com is run out of our TN office, not here in CA, or I'd ask fulfillment to pull your order and figure out what was ordered and what was sent. Can you look at the kwan dao you received and match it to one in our stock? Please confirm that it was the 45-81WU model that you ordered because if that is so, you got sent the wrong item and need to exchange it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thats the one but it only came to the top of my head at best. I sent it back.
    [

Could have been the runt of the litter. LOL
    [

new born kwandos should be thrown back.

Kids will come if it's fun to be there. Too serious and they don't want to be there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Genes got mad customer service skeelz
    I is impressed.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

the runt of the litter

Radplaiddude, I owe you an apology from MAM. There was some crazy mishap with our recent shipment of wushu kwandao. Apparently there were a few that came in that were short, just as you say. Apparently that's all being sorted and MAM should be contacting you shortly if they have not already. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

We've been having more problems with Chinese imports lately. It's so bothersome, as we take quite a hit on that. We can't really ship them back to China. We just have to haggle for some sort of compensation.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

its ruff in the jungle, ruff ruff in the jungle...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

BREAKING NEWS!

"China's Kwan Daos come up short!"

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

You guys need a man in country to be your minder over there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

We do have a man there

He messed up obviously.

Our last shipment had a few problems. But it's not like I didn't warn you. Reread our Claw Marks column in our March/April 2011 issue. This is fallout from the economic shift I discussed in that column. In order to keep prices down, China changed up a lot of products, effectively shortsheeting us with this weapon. They did a bait and switch with our pudao - we were restocking our wushu pudao but were sent these 2-piece Pudao. So we'll carry these 2-piecers for a limited time, until we get rid of them. It's been a mess.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

If it's any consolation, Gene, I totally feel your pain.

We're cleaning it up, bit by bit

It's business with China. It's always challenging.

Radplaiddude, if this doesn't get fixed to your satisfaction, email me at Gene@KungFuMagazine.com and I'll see if I can help from my end. MAM is based in Tennessee. It isn't actually here in our California office. Nevertheless, I know those guys obviously and can see that you get the proper attention. We appreciate your continued support and understanding.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips