Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buk Sing CLF vs. Boxer (short clip)

I'm Daniel, who trains Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut under Sifu Richard Leung (Leung Yumg Gung), and the one in the video. I have been training in M.A for over twenty years.

The guy is a Boxer, period. He trains at the local boxing gym. Doesn't mean he is good, but he trains as a boxer, end of story. Arguing whether he is good or not, that's another story. Regardless, I've fought plenty of Boxers, and trained in Western Boxing under Otis Grant. Boxers, like anyone else, come in all sorts of abilities. He wanted to spar, so I obliged.

My background is Kyokushinkai Karate under Roger Lessourd, who trained under Mas Oyama. Western Boxing under Otis Grant. Bakbakan Kali under Guro Ramon Villardo and Trankada Aldabon Kali under Guro Nonoy Gallano. Genbukan Ninpo Bugei and Kokusai Jujutsu under Sensei Larry Mitchell. Wado Kai Karate under Sensei Michael McCarthy. Wing Tsun under Sifu Carson Lau. I've also trained Submission Fighting under a plethora of different teachers. I'm also a private student with Ajahn Suchart in Muay Thai.

I have another video up there with me kicking a boxer in the leg.

I train at the Boxing gyms regularly and teach a variety of fighters from Thai to MMA. Cheers.
    Last edited by BDBSK; 03-24-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Sometime ago, I saw an old man demonstrate TCMA on TV. He started from about 10 feet away from the TV man. The old man then moved in while swung his right back arm in big circles. The TV man thought the old man wanted to use his right back arm to knock on his head. While the old man moved closer to that TV man and the TV man paid all his attention on the old man's right back fist, the old man used his left leading hand to slightly touch the TV man's nose. The old man then said, "This is TCMA".

To me, the TCMA is just a "cheating game".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 03-24-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Dee'z NUTZZZZZ!!!!! welcome aboard brother.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Also, in regards to whether or not he was good or not, or who could take him and who couldn't, it doesn't impress me. I'm the one who fought, and fights continually on a monthly basis, be it gong sau or sanda or mma or whatever. More people should be posting their fights and less people commenting on whether or not the opponent is good.

There were no kicks allowed in the short fight.

Blog Entries
    Also, in regards to whether or not he was good or not, or who could take him and who couldn't, it doesn't impress me. I'm the one who fought, and fights continually on a monthly basis, be it gong sau or sanda or mma or whatever. More people should be posting their fights and less people commenting on whether or not the opponent is good.
    Dee'z nutz, don't let these knuckle heads draw you in bro. its a nutty world here.

Thanks Frank. Sitting here with a bottle of dit dat jow and a makiwara board haha. Never saw this forum before. Looks good. Lots of good people on it.

Blog Entries
    some will be friendly, othes are not so friendly. check you private messages bro.

Quote Originally Posted by BDBSK View Post
    I'm Daniel, who trains Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut under Sifu Richard Leung (Leung Yumg Gung), and the one in the video.

The guy is a Boxer, period. He trains at the local boxing gym. Doesn't mean he is good, but he trains as a boxer, end of story. Arguing whether he is good or not, that's another story. Regardless, I've fought plenty of Boxers, and trained in Western Boxing under Otis Grant. Boxers, like anyone else, come in all sorts of abilities. He wanted to spar, so I obliged.

My background is Kyokushinkai Karate under Roger Lessourd, who trained under Mas Oyama. Western Boxing under Otis Grant. Bakbakan Kali under Guro Ramon Villardo and Trankada Aldabon Kali under Guro Nonoy Gallano. Genbukan Ninpo Bugei and Kokusai Jujutsu under Sensei Larry Mitchell. Wado Kai Karate under Sensei Michael McCarthy. Wing Tsun under Sifu Carson Lau. I've also trained Submission Fighting under a plethora of different teachers.

I have another video up there with me kicking a boxer in the leg.

I train at the Boxing gyms regularly and teach a variety of fighters from Thai to MMA. Cheers.
    Nice lineage, that and a buck won't even get you a coffee
    Fact is he sucked at boxing and if he was a CLF guy YOU would be the first, as would Frank, to say that he wasn't very experienced.

How many years of CLF do you have under your belt? how many years of MA training? seems like a lot.
    How long has that kid been boxing?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Don't know how long he has been boxing. I don't ask and I don't care. If someone wants to spar, I will oblige. Period. I make no claims of him being a professional boxer, but boxing he does study. You think I sit down for tea and biscuits with my opponent after? Don't know his experience, just know he's a regular. I've been training for over 20 years in M.A.

Blog Entries
    I can't say much about his boxing skills as i haven't seen them. But, it's clear BDBS was a little more than what he was expecting. Wannabe boxer, amateur...who knows.....he wasn't ready.

I agree that Daniel clearly dominated him and handed him his ass on a platter, with a side of gumbo.
    I also loved actually seeing some CLF in this fight, a pleasant change from when we see kung fu from a style NOT looking like that style at all.

*looks at those WC people and flings booger at them*

Hey Sanjuro,

Where in Ontario are you? I'm in Toronto, Etobicoke.

Blog Entries
    I agree that Daniel clearly dominated him and handed him his ass on a platter, with a side of gumbo.

I also loved actually seeing some CLF in this fight, a pleasant change from when we see kung fu from a style NOT looking like that style at all.
    Hey brother, don't sleep on daniel. there's more to him than you know. all good things.

and yeah, i agree. I love saying hey, he's using CLF against that guy. see, that guy fell for all daniel went to give him....BUK SING style!
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 03-24-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BDBSK View Post
    Hey Sanjuro,

Where in Ontario are you? I'm in Toronto, Etobicoke.
    Brampton

Well I agree with you both, it's nice to see some CLF, or Wing Tsun, or Hung Gar in any Gung Fu fight. Sanda ends up looking mostly as kickboxing with throws. The gloves definately change the game. In fact, I specifically requested to spar with the boxer without gloves. In that regard, it was also very much in my favor.