Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't ask Don't Tell Repeal

Don't ask Don't Tell Repeal

I'm Air Force and I know what I think about the current "Don't ask Don't Tell" repeal, but what do you think?
    My leg being bionic is a reminder that arogance does not come without a price.

"Keep your skills quiet until it is absolutely necessary to reveal them. And when that time comes, be a divine defender of Buddha." -Gene Ching-... -and "slap them silly."

I really don't care. We've had gays in our ranks for a long time, and most of the time, we knew about it.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I'm Canadian, so I laugh at the misplaced puritan values of the world's premier fighting forces.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Also, think of it this way.

It is morally devastating to an Al Q crew to have one of theirs dusted by a gay.
    Especially if you tell them that they have been overpowered and put down by gay forces from the west.

They really, really don't like that and it shatters their resolve.

We should send nothing BUT gay soldiers to deal with the M.E.
    I think they'd all stop mucking about pretty quick if they
    knew the gay army was coming for them. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I'm Canadian, so I laugh at the misplaced puritan values of the world's premier fighting forces.
    I say again... us guys on the ground really don't care if someone is gay or not.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I say again... us guys on the ground really don't care if someone is gay or not.
    Aren't you a desk pilot?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Better still if u let them know we can kick their arse with gay women!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Better still if u let them know we can kick their arse with gay women!
    Except for combat flyers, I don't think there are many (if any) female armed combatants in the US mil.

There are a few countries that allow it.
    For instance, Canada allows females to serve in all military roles, but they are definitely a minority.

It's been 30 or so years now, so I don't think more women are going to magically show up to be soldiers.

There are some things that Women are just not inclined towards same as with men.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

too bad there isnt a gay bomb that would be rad.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Aren't you a desk pilot?
    I am now

But not always. I'm done crawling in the mud and shooting stuff. Now I analyze, track, report, and generally creep about our enemy's capabilities
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Except for combat flyers, I don't think there are many (if any) female armed combatants in the US mil.

There are a few countries that allow it.
    For instance, Canada allows females to serve in all military roles, but they are definitely a minority.

It's been 30 or so years now, so I don't think more women are going to magically show up to be soldiers.

There are some things that Women are just not inclined towards same as with men.

Everyone is an armed combatant now. You have plenty of females running convoy security and operating cordon and searches. Every MOS now has some sort of IN task now associated with what they do. FLOT has gone the way of the Dodo.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Everyone is an armed combatant now. You have plenty of females running convoy security and operating cordon and searches. Every MOS now has some sort of IN task now associated with what they do. FLOT has gone the way of the Dodo.
    well, not on paper yet.

While that may be due to thinking on their feet in the field, the rule is that only AF pilots may be female in combat roles. As in dog fighters, bombers etc.

Boots on the ground infantry woman though? Rare if at all.
    I mean, there may be some out there and certainly if there are any, the majority of American people are wholly unaware of it.

Mind you, in the sh1t is in the sh1t.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Gays should be allowed to serve openly.

Sure there will be some integration problems, there always are when introducing a minority group.

USMC, USAFR
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Intrestignly enough the only "combat" roles females do not hold in the AF is Combat control, Pararescue, Tac P, and I think Combat Weather, other than that they fill all other roles.

It's kind of funny but after today my perspective has changed a little bit with the whole thing.
    My leg being bionic is a reminder that arogance does not come without a price.

"Keep your skills quiet until it is absolutely necessary to reveal them. And when that time comes, be a divine defender of Buddha." -Gene Ching-... -and "slap them silly."

Bottom line is this.

A man and wife team on the front where the man watches his wife's head get turned into a cloud of red dust will degrade morale faster than salt makes a pancake taste crappy. And vice versa.

I think the psychology of warfare dictates the gender circumstances in relation to morale.
    Kung Fu is good for you.