Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NJ Governor Chris Christie tells it like it is

What's weird is not being punished for being successful but rather that a corporation can be a legal entity like a person and yet it is a puppet that is controlled from outside and can vanish when it comes time to pay the piper.

That is infinitely weirder.

...and scummy at the base of it.

It validates illegitimacy in law in the run off events.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    When 57% of corporations DO NOT pay their fare share, it's hard to get public sector help from a source that does.
    He still has the other 43% of corporations to choose from. And not only did he choose from the bad 57%, he chose the WORST one of ALL the corporations.

As tot he Federal Sales Tax, it is perfect and fair imo. You spend 10x more on stuff than I do, you pay 10x the taxes I do. Even the 'class warfare' types should be on board too.

Income tax is a horrific thing but it is a cash cow for the government, they get a steady stream of income, here it is even deducted out of your unemployment chq. LOL !
    I agree that a flat tax on all items is the best way to go, giving people back their money will just mean that they spend it.
    I mean, what would YOU do if you have all the money that was deducted from your pay check that you never get to see? in some cases its 10's of 1000's of dollars.
    You would spend more that is what you would do and that means:
    Economy is stimulated with consumer spending AND government gets taxes anyways.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    What's weird is not being punished for being successful but rather that a corporation can be a legal entity like a person and yet it is a puppet that is controlled from outside and can vanish when it comes time to pay the piper.

That's partially true. But you have to consider that the investors who make up the corporation all have to pay Income and Capitol Gains taxes related to the corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I mean, what would YOU do if you have all the money that was deducted from your pay check that you never get to see? in some cases its 10's of 1000's of dollars.
    You would spend more that is what you would do and that means:
    Economy is stimulated with consumer spending AND government gets taxes anyways.
    You've just explained how and why Reaganomics/conservatism works.

It is ridiculous that they tax people's unemployment checks, but not welfare checks.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

word.......... it aint right.....