Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hung Sing CLF vs. Hung Kuen

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    Anything else good in the works, Philip?
    Several of the films that I've recently worked on are in post-production atm and should be released in the Hong Kong cinema in the near future, including this one -

http://t.sina.com.cn/1433596734/24F1S7m3r

Currently I’m training six days a week in preparation for an upcoming project.

Regards,
    Philip

Is that Tze Ching Ching in the lead role?

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    Is that Tze Ching Ching in the lead role?
    It's Jennifer Tse (Ting Ting), Nicholas Tse's younger sister

Sorry forgot its Ting Ting not Ching Ching. Powerful Dad first just used to see pics of her in the chinese tabloids, then she is a model and now and actress.

Sorry forgot its Ting Ting not Ching Ching. Powerful Dad first just used to see pics of her in the chinese tabloids, then she is a model and now and actress.
    Don't pay any attention to that garbage trying to pass itself as news. HK tabloids use lies and negativity to sell papers, and even I've been victim to their non-sense on more than a few occasions.

Both Nic and Jenn are good people and are two of my best friends.

Hey Philip, I watched the entire documentary. Very cool. Excellent job. It must have been a blast to film especially the various training and sparring. Curious..how much of a difference was there in style/interpretation between the Hung Gar kwoons?

I find a lot of similarities in the Bak Hsing CLF that I do and have always thought Tam Sam most likely assimilated his Hung Gar background with his modification of CLF.

nospam.
    佛家

Quote Originally Posted by straightblast5 View Post
    Don't pay any attention to that garbage trying to pass itself as news. HK tabloids use lies and negativity to sell papers, and even I've been victim to their non-sense on more than a few occasions.

Both Nic and Jenn are good people and are two of my best friends.
    I know what you mean it is just as bad as it is here in the states. I can't read i just look at the pictures but it is usually easy to see what they are implying. I remember the incident you are talking about as I saw you in a few. Hey at least it means your famous I guess (haha).

I read Nic got certified in WSL Wing Chun, did you teach him?

Quote Originally Posted by nospam View Post
    Hey Philip, I watched the entire documentary. Very cool. Excellent job. It must have been a blast to film especially the various training and sparring. Curious..how much of a difference was there in style/interpretation between the Hung Gar kwoons?

I find a lot of similarities in the Bak Hsing CLF that I do and have always thought Tam Sam most likely assimilated his Hung Gar background with his modification of CLF.

nospam.
    Thanks for the kind words nospam. It was a fun project to work on and it was pretty nice getting a chance to visit Europe. I did notice some differences in approaches between different teachers. For example, some teachers advocate keeping the body relaxed and only tensing the body (or particular limb) in midst of an attack or defense, while some teachers advocate tensing the forearms from the on-guard position and using aggressive footwork to drive the arms/fists into the opponent like battering rams. Though my personal preference lies with the first option, both strategies made sense to me when they were explained and demonstrated (and from what I understand, both strategies seems to be among the options offered by the concepts put forth by Hung Gar’s 12 bridges).

I also did a segment with a Sifu who detailed the concepts and principles behind Hung Gar’s 12 bridges for the show, but it was unfortunately edited out due to the program’s time constraints. I really enjoyed filming this segment since I found many similarities between HG’s 12 bridges and CLF’s 10 elements in the way that they presented and illustrated each method’s particular concepts and principles.

As I wrote in my previous post, I learned a lot hosting this episode

-Philip

I read Nic got certified in WSL Wing Chun, did you teach him?
    Yes I did He's super serious about VT, and trains very hard.

i would love to see the footage about 12 bridges - is there any chance to get it please?

good work Philip, i have really enjoyed the whole show. next time you are in Europe, you have to come Prague to my mou gwun!

all the best to you in your training!
    PM

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

www.practicalhungkyun.com

You're very modest Philip. I think you had more experience than sifu Oscar, and some slight physical advantage (a bit taller, etc). But he looks like he has the right approach to making his HK functional.

@hskwarrior: Frank, at the end of the clip there is mention of Hung Mun. Don't know if that is covered in more detail in the next clip(s). Not looked at it yet.

Blog Entries
    @hskwarrior: Frank, at the end of the clip there is mention of Hung Mun. Don't know if that is covered in more detail in the next clip(s). Not looked at it yet.
    Right on! In Fut San Wing Chun, Hung Gar and Jeung Yim's CLF were deeply involved with the Hung Mun.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    i would love to see the footage about 12 bridges - is there any chance to get it please?

good work Philip, i have really enjoyed the whole show. next time you are in Europe, you have to come Prague to my mou gwun!

all the best to you in your training!
    thank you for your kind words.

I wish I could get my hands on that footage as well but even if I did, I'm not too sure that the producers would let me post it. Hopefully it'll be on the DVD extras if/when this series gets released overseas

regards,
    Philip

Phillip,

That was an excellent documentary and I really enjoyed it.

I agree that CLF and Hung Kuen have a lot of similarities in application. IMO, I think HK maybe more sticking and also shares a lot in common with WCK, I consider low line (meaning at a height low) WCK.

Thank you for sharing!

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    Phillip,

That was an excellent documentary and I really enjoyed it.

I agree that CLF and Hung Kuen have a lot of similarities in application. IMO, I think HK maybe more sticking and also shares a lot in common with WCK, I consider low line (meaning at a height low) WCK.

Thank you for sharing!

Best regards,
    Thanks for the kind words, Chu Sifu. I have read your book and quite enjoyed it.

regards,
    Philip