Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

Greetings,

This looks like it is going to be da BOMB. Since I no longer watch television, I will have to wait for the dvd. SHUCKS!!! DOUBLE SHUCKS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpJYNVhGf1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm0ikHOkGOY

mickey

same deal. have you read the song of ice and fire series? if you havnt check it out. one cool thing is the author does not approve fan fiction and is going to be pretty strict in the transition. its a very good series, still uncompleted, but very good.

on the top of my list for sure. also if you havnt read it, just be ready to not get attached to to many characters lol. a lot of people die. a lot.

it is a fantasy but starts out very light in that respect, but gets deeper and deeper into the fantasy realm as it goes on. the first book, a game of thrones, is mainly a power struggle in a kindgom that was once ruled by a high king that has died, all kings battle and maneuver for power to try and gain more thrones and eventually become a high king.
    Last edited by Lucas; 04-12-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Best written fantasy series ever. Period.

However, fans have been waiting on the next book in the series for YEARS.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Hi Lucas and JamesC,

It looks like I will have to check out the book series. Thank you for your suggestions.

mickey

Btw, I was able to find a trailer I can watch at work.

That has got to be one of the best castings i've ever seen. Everyone is a near perfect fit for their character.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Yes,

I have been reading that in the posted comments at u tube. The only other time I noticed that kind of psycho/reality connection was with the voices of the Marvel comics cartoons that came out in the '90s. Everyone I spoke to agreed that the characters spoke the way they imagined them to.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Best written fantasy series ever. Period.

However, fans have been waiting on the next book in the series for YEARS.
    ya...too long

from the posts tho i cant wait to get home and look at those youtube vids...oh man i hope they do the whole book series eventually to film!

JamesC have you read wheel of time?

i think in part on the casting thing is the author is really strict on his work. which i think is very commendable. if it cant be done right....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Yeah I have. I'm excited to read the last book in the series.

I really enjoyed The Gathering Storm and Towers of Midnight. I like Sanderson's writing more than Jordan's. After book number 5 or 6, Jordan's pacing of the series slowed to a crawl and it was inevitable that there were going to be so many loose ends.

I'm glad that Sanderson had the balls to split the last book into 3. Otherwise we would have been left with a very incomplete series, imo.

As a side note, a release date of July for A Dance of Dragons has been announced. Awesome.

I agree with you on Brian Sanderson he did a great job, the first book in the trilogy final was epic.

And WOOOHOOO on that release date!!

Ty for the update

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

This looks like it is going to be da BOMB. Since I no longer watch television, I will have to wait for the dvd. SHUCKS!!! DOUBLE SHUCKS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpJYNVhGf1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm0ikHOkGOY

mickey
    WOW now i cant wait. very rarely do you see film adaptions stick so closely to the original. got to love authors that make a solid stand with their work.

Saw the premiere last night.

Although there are a few differences from the book, it sticks VERY closely to the source material. Uncommonly so, in fact.

All the changes I noticed were most likely put in place for filming purposes as well as for the people not familiar with the books. Obviously certain things need to be told differently through film than in writing.

Overall, I thought it was quite good for a premiere. To me, the opening episode of any show usually seems unpolished. Like the actors haven't quite settled into their characters yet.

The opening scene of the first episode(which would be the prologue in the book) was the best scene, in my opinion.

where can i see that?

It was excellent, and has gotten me to aquire the books and give them a read.

Thank God for FIOS doing a tax weekend preview of HBO!

july 12!!!!! im so freaking excited, wrapping up a feast for crows as a refresher....are you stoked as me bro?

I've been enjoying the series, will have to grab the books next time I make it to the book store.