Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

i have not seen them yet, but i really want to, i have to wait until they are out on dvd or in netflix...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

So far so good
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

great series; best thing I've seen from the genre since LOTR movies; first series I've followed regularly since, idk, Seinfeld, lol...

also got hooked into The Borgias, since it's on right after, also pretty good, although takes some "poetic license" with the actual history;

Boardwalk Empire is also a great series, watched a few episodes of that;

only other two things worth watching are Royal Pains and White Collar...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    july 12!!!!! im so freaking excited, wrapping up a feast for crows as a refresher....are you stoked as me bro?
    I'm about halfway through A Clash of Kings.... so it's going to be a minute before I can read A Dance With Dragons... but yeah, I'm stoked. These books are just so **** good.

Oh dude you are in for some more fun twists and turns

i'm glad you guys are saying that this is good, i would be kinda ****ed if it sucked. i'm assuming g.r.r.m. is making sure no one messes with is baby tho.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Oh dude you are in for some more fun twists and turns

i'm glad you guys are saying that this is good, i would be kinda ****ed if it sucked. i'm assuming g.r.r.m. is making sure no one messes with is baby tho.
    when it comes to books once the rights are bought, it really doesnt matter much what the writer says or does. i remember when they made color purple the original writer was furious that speilberg was directing till she saw the film, same thing goes for interview with the vampire, ask alan moore about that...he hates almost every movie made from his comics, if not all of them. this series was created by people who truly loved the material as evident by the what is on the screen. not to mention its HBO, which has time and time again gone to bat to make amazing series. hopefully we get to see all the books, but with something like this...the cost are huge and they are only going to get bigger as the series goes on. so im hoping we get the first four books at least. this is the only way to tell this story a movie just wont do.

i think i said this before but ill say it again...peter dinklage(the imp) steals every scene he is in. and im glad the kid actors are so good, because this is their story so having strong actors in those roles is a good move for the years to come.

oh that makes sense...im wondering how those negotiations went. and ya the tyrion is a pretty strong character, and a freaking genius.

minor spoiler:

jaime ends up being one of my fav characters by the end of a feast for crows...but whats funny is i hated his character at first. thats some good writing. most of all i want to know what arya turns into, she has potential to be so bad ass, and if she reunites with her wolf...and of course john snow is gangster.

also now that you mention it that would be nice to get the first 4 books in, then finish it with a movie for the final book.

cool tidbit about the series:

this guy

is this guy

i cant see the second image!

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    huge fan of George R.R. Martins. Read the books and pre-ordered Dance of Dragons the other day.

I agree Tyrions character is perfect, couldn't have picked a better person for it.

Martin did a lot of research on the War of the roses. And drew from the warring monarch families of that time period. Interesting stuff.

Anyhow, I like The wheel of time series as well but it got pretty dry towards the middle of the series. Haven't read the last couple books but plan on picking them up. I really liked Sandersons writing with the Mist born series he did.

If your into that genre like I am you guys should pick up Hyperion, great series in itself.

If you like the adult writing go for "The blade itself" by Joe abercrombie. Gritty, dark, bloody.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I liked mistborn...ill have to check out Hyperion. Sanderson first book to continue wheel of time was really good...the title escapes me. The blade itself might be my next book

If you like epic battles, assassins and gritty dark brutal fantasy check out the night angel trilogy. Its not too long but is a fast paced ride i think martial artists can appreciate.

I liked mistborn...ill have to check out Hyperion. Sanderson first book to continue wheel of time was really good...the title escapes me. The blade itself might be my next book

If you like epic battles, assassins and gritty dark brutal fantasy check out the night angel trilogy. Its not too long but is a fast paced ride i think martial artists can appreciate.
    Night Angel was a pretty badass story.

I'm gonna change my name to Durzo Blint.

Also, my wife has been watching A Game of Thrones with me. She usually hates fantasy and she isn't a reader, but the show is that good that she is hooked.

This gives me hope for the series to continue. If the general public likes it now, I can only imagine how much they will when it gets to the next books. The battles and scenes at the wall are standouts. Not to mention Arya, of course.

I can't wait to see Arya as a Faceless Man.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

lol ur the only other person ive talked to that has read night angel...durzo blint is the ultimate bad ass lol.

and ya, just imagine if arya meets up with her wolf and somehow gets to run with the pack its alpha of lol talk about the wolf of house stark haha... she has those wolf dreams so she might be a skinchanger too...

Like a hooker on crack!

I must say, that not only is this series great, but George RR Martin is one of the best fiction writers, I have have EVER read. The characters show great depth and complexity, his plots are completely unpredictable...superior twists and turns...I'm completely addicted. Already completed Games of Thrones, now into Clash of Kings...in fact bought the whole series. I love Tyrion and Jon the *******...can't wait to see where this goes.

Oddly I always thought Dire Wolves were fiction but they really existed, apparently they could get up 240lbs in size...thats a lot of Puppy Chow.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost