Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

I'm facebook friends with Tad Williams... gotta remember to read some of his books again some time soon.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I've read the first one, but I haven't gotten around to reading the others in the series.
    ya dude, it starts to get really bad ass AFTER they visit the well of ascension...then all **** hits the fan.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Game of Thrones

Last nights episode was awesome, after reading about it for years, I finally saw a Dwarf hack someone's leg off with a battle ax! Oustanding work HBO, they have brought the books to life and has endeared some of the characters to me more than the books did.

Here is to my new favorite Scottish Hottie Rose Leslie aka Ygritte!

Last edited by Hebrew Hammer; 05-28-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

The only word to describe that show is epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Last nights episode was awesome, after reading about it for years, I finally saw a Dwarf hack someone's leg off with a battle ax! Oustanding work HBO, they have brought the books to life and has endeared some of the characters to me more than the books did.

Here is to my new favorite Scottish Hottie Rose Leslie aka Ygritte!

Ah dude, I am truly enjoying this series, far more than the Spartacus one ( season 3 was "meh" at best).
    The siege was excellent and yes Tyrion was awesome.
    His scar will give him a new look to say the least !
    I am wondering how his dad is gonna react to the true hero that his "disregarded son" has become.
    Funny how the one that was "written off" has become THE Lannister of all Lanissters.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Love the show, bummer that there is only one more episode for the season.

I may just have to pick up the books and find a way to get to reading them!

Was awesome watching him cleave that leg right off!!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Ah dude, I am truly enjoying this series, far more than the Spartacus one ( season 3 was "meh" at best).
    The siege was excellent and yes Tyrion was awesome.
    His scar will give him a new look to say the least !
    I am wondering how his dad is gonna react to the true hero that his "disregarded son" has become.
    Funny how the one that was "written off" has become THE Lannister of all Lanissters.
    tyrion has one of the most up and down crazy rides in the entirety of a song of ice and fire. that little guy has way more in store for him yet!!! its only just begun!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Featherstone View Post
    Love the show, bummer that there is only one more episode for the season.

I may just have to pick up the books and find a way to get to reading them!

Was awesome watching him cleave that leg right off!!
    if finding the time to read is an issue try audio book while you commute or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Spartacus started off really awesome. I loved that show but it has kind of gone down hill, I feel. Game of Thrones, I think, trumps even the first season of Spartacus. I just wish I had shows like these when I was growing up.

Having not read the books, I'm interested in seeing what Lord Tywin does after swooping in and saving the day. Hopefully he boots his idiot nephew from the throne.

ya know, thats a good idea! I'll have to see if I can find them.

i just looked it up on amazon. but you can also find a free torrent online for sure. also maybe your local library system has it for a free.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniggety View Post
    Having not read the books, I'm interested in seeing what Lord Tywin does after swooping in and saving the day. Hopefully he boots his idiot nephew from the throne.
    Lord Tywin, on screen is a much more interesting character, especially with his interactions with Arya. I actually kind of like his character, in the books he's more of a ruthless and I mean ruthless mob boss type. It's all about the family.

That's the great thing about George RR Martin's writing, even some the most 'evil' or 'noble' characters have intriguing sides and good/bad traits to them. You can't pigeon hole them all as good or evil.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Here she is, everyone meet the new gf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Lord Tywin, on screen is a much more interesting character, especially with his interactions with Arya. I actually kind of like his character, in the books he's more of a ruthless and I mean ruthless mob boss type. It's all about the family.

That's the great thing about George RR Martin's writing, even some the most 'evil' or 'noble' characters have intriguing sides and good/bad traits to them. You can't pigeon hole them all as good or evil.
    jamie for instance. i started the series hating that guy, and now in a dance with dragons, hes one of my favorite.

arya stark is hands down my favorite, jon snow in a close second.

danny gets a wold all her own.