Thread: Buk Sing CLF vs Muay Thai

Blog Entries

Buk Sing CLF vs Muay Thai

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Good stuff.
    CLF does lend itself to the ring, surprised there aren't more guys doing it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Good stuff.
    It really does. Partly because we do like to fight and most Hung Sing or Buk Sing people have gotten into street fights and adapted our gung fu to that. the others just try to be "KUNG FU" guys.

One thing that the CLF guy (blake) mentioned that it was conditioning. He'd rather fight in the street than the ring cause its over quick. conditioning and endurance are two important things to have when fighting. regular classes just don't seem to provide that (some may more today than in the past).

This was his first Muay Thai fight as well. He will be fighting again soon. i mentioned to him that he may want to be a tad more aggressive next time.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    It really does. Partly because we do like to fight and most Hung Sing or Buk Sing people have gotten into street fights and adapted our gung fu to that. the others just try to be "KUNG FU" guys.

One thing that the CLF guy (blake) mentioned that it was conditioning. He'd rather fight in the street than the ring cause its over quick. conditioning and endurance are two important things to have when fighting. regular classes just don't seem to provide that (some may more today than in the past).

This was his first Muay Thai fight as well. He will be fighting again soon. i mentioned to him that he may want to be a tad more aggressive next time.
    I didn't see all the fight, too long, but the MT guys seemed more relaxed and in control and more comfortable in the the ring.
    The CLF guy was a rookie, but he handled it well, never got overwhelmed and made some solid hits.

Nothing prepares you for a fight other than competition.
    If a school chooses to not compete ( which I don't agree with" they should at least have competitions within the school so as to get some "juices flowing".

Blog Entries
    I agree. still, this was his first Muay Thai match, he'll come around. He really intends to stick to nothing but his CLF techniques too.

hskwarrior

Sounds like you know the BS guy. How long has he been training BS for? This the Melbourne kwoon?

Nice to see the next gen stepping up.

nospam
    佛家

Blog Entries
    Blake Griffin from peth AU. I believe his sifu is George.

He would have had that fight if he was more experienced and controlled the distance better. Props.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

The student showed good Choy Lee Fut skill and a lot of guts! I'm sure he will win next time if he continues to practice.

I've heard about this student's sifu George Michaelson from some Choy Lee Fut brothers in Malaysia. They told me George is a very skilled Buk sing master. He's one of the most senior and most skillful students of both Lacey brother's (Vince and David) for the last 30 years, and has absorbed the best skills from each one. George has also furthered his kung fu under his si gung grandmaster Kong Hing. Blake must feel very priveliged to learn under such a distinguished master!

Thank you for sharing this video hskwarrior!

Nice. Good effort. I fought a Thai fighter last night, wish I had filmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by lone_walker View Post
    The student showed good Choy Lee Fut skill and a lot of guts! I'm sure he will win next time if he continues to practice.

I've heard about this student's sifu George Michaelson from some Choy Lee Fut brothers in Malaysia. They told me George is a very skilled Buk sing master. He's one of the most senior and most skillful students of both Lacey brother's (Vince and David) for the last 30 years, and has absorbed the best skills from each one. George has also furthered his kung fu under his si gung grandmaster Kong Hing. Blake must feel very priveliged to learn under such a distinguished master!

Thank you for sharing this video hskwarrior!
    Lone Walker, not all of what you say is accurate, you are not aware of the in's and out's of Our Gwoon, so its best to get your facts correct before posting...

Exert from my Masters website for your information:

from www.pantherfist.com

" After the closure of the school in St. Kilda, Master Lacey's devoted disciple Nick Lizos relocated it a short distance away where he resurrected the BUCK SING GWOON in honor of his beloved sifu and the original school he established in Melbourne in 1989. He is presently the official guardian and chief instructor of Australia's "Buck Sing Gwoon" based in Melbourne.

To disassociate and separate himself and his school from his former students who had dishonored and forsaken him, Master Lacey decided to implement changes and improvement to the Buck Sing Gwoon's training curriculum and to focus primarily on combat training for his students. They now spend hardly any time on the practicing of traditional choreographed kung fu forms. Unlike most other CLF schools where the training is concentrated on the learning and practising of forms, Master Lacey believes in adhering to the original motive behind Choy Lay Fut's motto ~ "For COMBAT NOT SPORT" not the reverse! With that in mind, he began to work diligently on seeking new and better ways to improve his overall martial arts combat skills. His innovative nature, martial arts knowledge and experience helped him employ better strategic combat skills to improve on his Buck Sing fighting techniques as well as using more practical and tactical methods for drilling his students. Over the years he had devoted much time and thought into studying the science of Buck Sing combat. With the implementation of his new training curriculum for the Buck Sing Gwoon, Master Lacey's former students in Perth, W. Australia can no longer make the claim that they have inherited the same level in martial arts knowledge or training as his loyal students in Melbourne and America who have benefited from his teachings since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Good stuff.
    eh..................

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    eh..................

Ah dude, no offense but when I think CLF I don't think you or Mike, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Ah dude, no offense but when I think CLF I don't think you or Mike, sorry.
    there is a fair bit of CLF out there in full contant sanda etc, especially when compared to the rest of the TCMA world

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    eh..................

Hop Ga moreso than CLF.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori