Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buk Sing CLF vs Muay Thai

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    there is a fair bit of CLF out there in full contant sanda etc, especially when compared to the rest of the TCMA world
    I don't follow sanshou, though I should since I tend to prefer it to MMA.
    But its just never on TV.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    theres a fair few clips and fights on youtube, and we all know how TCMA doesnt like making the move to MMA that much

personally i dont think that CLF fits too well with MMA because a lot of the techniques have the elbows out away from the body, i have seen a few guys duck under the wider punches and with the elbows out the body is exposed to the takedown

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    theres a fair few clips and fights on youtube, and we all know how TCMA doesnt like making the move to MMA that much

personally i dont think that CLF fits too well with MMA because a lot of the techniques have the elbows out away from the body, i have seen a few guys duck under the wider punches and with the elbows out the body is exposed to the takedown
    I think that sanshou should lose the chest guard, smaller gloves that allow for grappling/clinch work better and instill a 30 sec on the ground rule.
    Make it more like the Daidojuku but without the space helmet.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Hop Ga moreso than CLF.
    I second that! :P
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

sanda sucks balls. i hate point throws. cant even clinch past 5 seconds gay prc rule

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Sing Gwoon View Post
    Lone Walker, not all of what you say is accurate, you are not aware of the in's and out's of Our Gwoon, so its best to get your facts correct before posting...

Exert from my Masters website for your information:

from www.pantherfist.com

" After the closure of the school in St. Kilda, Master Lacey's devoted disciple Nick Lizos relocated it a short distance away where he resurrected the BUCK SING GWOON in honor of his beloved sifu and the original school he established in Melbourne in 1989. He is presently the official guardian and chief instructor of Australia's "Buck Sing Gwoon" based in Melbourne.

To disassociate and separate himself and his school from his former students who had dishonored and forsaken him, Master Lacey decided to implement changes and improvement to the Buck Sing Gwoon's training curriculum and to focus primarily on combat training for his students. They now spend hardly any time on the practicing of traditional choreographed kung fu forms. Unlike most other CLF schools where the training is concentrated on the learning and practising of forms, Master Lacey believes in adhering to the original motive behind Choy Lay Fut's motto ~ "For COMBAT NOT SPORT" not the reverse! With that in mind, he began to work diligently on seeking new and better ways to improve his overall martial arts combat skills. His innovative nature, martial arts knowledge and experience helped him employ better strategic combat skills to improve on his Buck Sing fighting techniques as well as using more practical and tactical methods for drilling his students. Over the years he had devoted much time and thought into studying the science of Buck Sing combat. With the implementation of his new training curriculum for the Buck Sing Gwoon, Master Lacey's former students in Perth, W. Australia can no longer make the claim that they have inherited the same level in martial arts knowledge or training as his loyal students in Melbourne and America who have benefited from his teachings since 2002
    Dear Mr. Buck Sing Gwoon,

I'm not sure why you are telling me all of this. I didn't claim to know any "facts" about anything, I was just saying what some other people told me about George Michaelson.

Also, I don't understand some of what you say. You say that Nick Lizos is the "guardian" of the buk sing gwoon in Australia. Can you please explain what this means? Aren't there many buk sing gwoons in Australia? In cantonese, "buk sing gwoon" just means "buk sing school". So there are many such schools.

I also don't know what you mean by your last comment. Are you saying that George Michaelson's buk sing is not as good as Nick Lizos' buk sing? If that is what you're saying, then I think it's sad that you've taken a thread that was about a young buk sing fighter who did quite well in his fight, and used it to discredit his sifu for some reason.

I think that sanshou should lose the chest guard, smaller gloves that allow for grappling/clinch work better and instill a 30 sec on the ground rule.
    Make it more like the Daidojuku but without the space helmet.
    i second that!
    PM

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

www.practicalhungkyun.com

By Peace or by Pieces.

You are a human being, not a human doing.
    J Bradshaw.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    Rumi

Some nice vids. I like how the kid in the first clip (the one this thread was started for) really was using his traditional Choy Lay Fut and did a decent job of it. I think that match was pretty even, but that if the CLF guy had been a bit more aggressive he would've had the match. Nice way to represent one's art.

The last clip was nice too. Was that a spinning backfist or a spinning elbow he knocked his opponent out with? Hard to tell.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Which one of them is a Buck Sing fighter?
    Some people's kids!

Blog Entries
    but that if the CLF guy had been a bit more aggressive he would've had the match. Nice way to represent one's art.
    That's EXACTLY what i told Blake (the fighter)!!!!!

that last clip he hit the guy with a spinning FOREARM!!!!
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 04-03-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by V.O.R. View Post
    Which one of them is a Buck Sing fighter?
    The guy who does the spinning backfist and knocks out the Muay Thai fighter...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Blog Entries
    How can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    How can you tell?
    Uh, because the clip is supposedly of a Choy Li Fut fighter knocking out a Muay Thai fighter...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by lone_walker View Post
    Dear Mr. Buck Sing Gwoon,

I'm not sure why you are telling me all of this. I didn't claim to know any "facts" about anything, I was just saying what some other people told me about George Michaelson.
    Don't take it personally dude, this poster has a very bad attitude. Takes offense at any small thing.

EO