Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Buk Sing CLF vs Muay Thai

Blog Entries
    I guess I should say sometimes it's hard to tell who the Choy Lay Fut fighter is. All I mean is that he seems to fight a lot like many Muay Thai combatents.
    I understand. still, i'm curious to what things are YOU looking to see in regards to a CLF fighter?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    I understand. still, i'm curious to what things are YOU looking to see in regards to a CLF fighter?
    Do you know why BJJ, MT , Boxers and wreslters never get these issues?

Because they very rarely demo anything and when they do, it looks 100% like when they fight, or close enough.
    But TMA tend to liek to demo things unrealitically, to make their system look uber-cool, but when they fight for real, even though the core of the system is there, it doesn't look like what was demo, case in point: WC and Kenpo.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    But TMA tend to liek to demo things unrealitically, to make their system look uber-cool, but when they fight for real, even though the core of the system is there, it doesn't look like what was demo, case in point: WC and Kenpo.
    that's why i've always taught what i teach for the streets. and its worked. i plan to get my guys into bigger competitions even fight some muay thai guys.

it's those who do alot of forms and not focus on fighting that they don't see what we see as not workable in the ring or the streets.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 04-08-2011 at 12:23 PM.

that's why i've always i teach what i teach for the streets. and its worked. i plan to get my guys into bigger competitions even fight some muay thai guys.

it's those who do alot of forms and not focus on fighting that they don't see what we see as not workable in the ring or the streets.
    True and the practical stuff is rarely pretty or impressive.
    Personally one someone wants me to demo something I will usually beat the crap out of them, makes my life easier and keeps my aura of uber-awesomeness intact and growing !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    My sifu always said that my lineages gung fu was UGLY compared to like Tat Mau Wong's school when they first came over. its cause we focus on the fighting side over the prettiness of the form.

hahahahah NICE

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Do you know why BJJ, MT , Boxers and wreslters never get these issues?

Because they very rarely demo anything and when they do, it looks 100% like when they fight, or close enough.
    I can't speak for WC or Kenpo but alot of TCMA uses over exaggerated circles to train body mechanics and prevent the fighter from tightening up and using uncoordinated strength.

When you see it applied correctly, it's usually shortened up, faster and with less flair so it looks like kickboxing. That's not a failing of TCMA but rather a failing of knowing the difference between forms and application.

Wushu is the ultimate expression of that. Forms totally divorced from any real application.

EO

Personally (when) someone wants me to demo something I will usually beat the crap out of them, makes my life easier and keeps my aura of uber-awesomeness intact and growing !
    Good one.

Let's just say the first thing I do when someone wants to see my gung fu is ask them to throw a punch. I then slide in and grab their throat (chop choi move). It takes them by surprise and makes a point. If the first thing you think of is a pretty form or fancy move..that says it all.

nospam
    佛家

Ah, OK. I think it is more a case of strategy. I can tell he is the Choy Lay Fut fighter whenever he attempts the backfist or advancing gwa charp. But his strategy and stance is very much like the muay thai fighter. He is very front on for the whole fight. I would never expect a Choy Lay Fut fighter to fight like they do forms, that's silly. But from what I know of Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut at least I think he was too front on and did not advance on his opponent enough.

Of course, I'm not saying I would have done better. When you are in the ring you must adapt to how your opponent fights and maybe that's all he did. I would like to see him fight again.

Definately, it rarely looks pretty.

Our lineage throws all our CLF right off a boxing stance. Adaptable, easy to learn. My Sifu says our system is simple, not hard to do, just have to train hard and the rest will take care of itself.

Everyone adapts their gung fu to what they believe is correct or at least better suited for themselves. We must all own our gung fu, and to do this we learn the concepts of our respective styles (as taught to us anywho) and the teacher ensures we adhere to these while allowing room for personal expression and assimilation.

We all have our favourite moves. In Bak Sing it just happens to be chop choi..for some reason

nospam
    佛家

Buk Sing CLF VS Muay Thai

I definately would go with the CLF man , since CLF has more arsenal than the Muay Thai guy .

Blog Entries
    Yo stick to wing chun...

Quote Originally Posted by nospam View Post
    Everyone adapts their gung fu to what they believe is correct or at least better suited for themselves. We must all own our gung fu, and to do this we learn the concepts of our respective styles (as taught to us anywho) and the teacher ensures we adhere to these while allowing room for personal expression and assimilation.

We all have our favourite moves. In Bak Sing it just happens to be chop choi..for some reason

nospam
    If you keep making sense you will be removed.

Kung Fu is good for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k93Yv5iQD0

from the Perth Buk Sing Gwoon(北勝館)
    Last edited by lone_walker; 05-05-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    yup he wins that match