Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate Pastor Terry Jones Quietly Goes Through With Quran Burning Plan

Hate Pastor Terry Jones Quietly Goes Through With Quran Burning Plan

Hate Pastor Terry Jones Quietly Goes Through With Quran Burning Plan — And Chaos Erupts in Afghanistan

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/01/...burning-chaos/

Radical Pastor Terry Jones Says He’s Considering ‘A Trial On The Life Of Mohammed’

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/03/...rial-mohammed/

this guy is such a tool... and now he is directly responsible for 15 dead UN workers... its like the guy insists on swatting at the wasps nest regardless of the consequences for other people... i wish there was a way to charge this guy with a crime.... he's such a piece of sh1t... he has no regard for the position he puts other people in by being such a d1ck... its hard to convince people this isnt a holy war when they turn on al jezeera and see this bonesmoker burning their book...

Hello,

While I may not agree with his approach, he is expressing his right to Freedom of Speech. Much like those who protested the Viet Nam war burned the US Flag in protest.

What I find interesting is that others can say whatever they want about America, Christ or insert your favorite person/religous symbol here and it is okay. Just expressing themselves. However when anyone does anything against Islam then all of a sudden people get up in arms. Heck, even putting a cartoon about Mohammed is enough to get you killed.

Not so long ago an apartment complex in Oregon tried to ban the flying of the American Flag on their property. Other flags were okay just not Old Glory. However after a bigu uproar they reveresed their policy. Apparently they had gotten some complaints from residents who thought our Flag was offensive. Go figure. Sorry but my attitude is that if you find the U.S. Flag offesnive and do not want to see it waving in the wind........youhave every right to move to another country where you won't have to see it. Of course, you also may not have many of the freedoms found here in America.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

my issue isnt about the first amendment... its not about flags or books or anything like that.... and i dont care about the quran at all... but this guy got the attention of radicals last time he proposed this burning thing... they said if he did that, innocents would die... even the general in charge of the whole war asked him to please not do it... they cant stop him, but its counterproductive on a massive scale... all for one small church and a shady man with a violent criminal past and massive ego... last time he backed down... after tons of top dogs stroked his ego and asked nicely... he misses that attention, everything else he's done between now and then has pretty much stayed under the radar... no matter how hard he tries, most media just decided to not give him the time of day...

so now he goes off and does it, and 15 people are dead... he was warned and he did it anyways... so what, he sacrifices 15 OTHER peoples lives so that he can floss his right to free speech? thats bullsh1t, he's worse than garbage...

its your right to speak... but if i put a gun to someones head and say "if you speak, these people die" and you speak anyways, youre a d1ck... str8 up... there are other ways of dealing with things... at the very least, minimizing pain and suffering in any given situation... what he did was negligent... i dont think he should be charged for burning the book... i think he should be charged with inciting violence, contributing to a capital crime... and we all know what that means... of course that cant happen... if they were on american soil sure, but it was UN territory... and the UN cant do fukc all about it... not to him anyways... im sure they'll go after the actual group that did it...

but he knew what would happen... and he was either too stupid, too ignorant or too cold to find another way to express his hatred... i dont grudge him being a miserable pr1ck... but this one happened to just get 15 people killed...

i couldnt care any less about flag politics... i think you should be able to fly any colors you want... burn any book you want.... handle your property any way you please... within reason, of course... as long as everyone is being respected, its all good... unfortunately its not like that at all... westerners are infested with third world workers that literally bring down the quality of life for everyone, and these people who grew up in a bad place come to the west for a chance at a better life, free from abuse and free to pursue their dreams then they get here only to have people treat them like sh1t and blame them for everything... multiculturalism is an abysmal failure... im not saying we shouldnt have complete integration as our end game, but its all happening too fast and alot of people arent able to change fast enough and react badly to their failure to keep up... we should really consider closing the door... leave it at a trickle... import only enough to fill the projections of our future needs... i can only imagine how corrupt immigration would be if we did that... getting in would cost alot more than it does today...

rant, sorry... just smoked a massive blunt...
    Last edited by Syn7; 04-03-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Hello,

It is a sad situation and I do understand what you are saying. However, every time we give in because someone makes a threat of violence we lose something ourselves.

A terrorist takes hostages and demands the release of their comrades. Do we do it even though the hostages are in danger of being killed? Sorry, but to my mind, religous fanactics making threats to kill innocents because someone does something they do not like or find repulsive is the same thing. We have become too politically correct in some instances. No one wanting to take the hard line because they want to try and make everyone happy and keep the peace.

If someone threatens any of ours and follows through then I say go after them with all we have. I'll be the first one to step up and get in line. The problem is not only with people like Jones, but with those who allow the fanatics to dictate terms to them without the fear of any consequences.

I wonder what the result would be if some of these zealots were hunted down like the Israelis went after those responsible for Munich? As long as fanatics can make threats and do as they wish without fear of reprisal nothing will ever change. There is always something someone will find to protest and if they don't get their way they will act out in violence.

My problem with this situaiton is that it is not evenly applied. Jones should not burn the Quran but if someone burns a Bible it is not even the same thing. Seems a little one sided to me.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

He's a royal moron but all he did was burn a book. He didn't kill anyone. The anger should be sent to the brain dead dip****s that decided a burnt book justifies killing 15 people.

They burn flags, bibles and likenesses of prominent Americans and we do little to nothing. But some douchbag goes out and burns a Quran and all a sudden they go rampaging through the streets.

They'll all idiots. But trying to blame their brutal, inhuman behavior on his idiocy is ludicrous.

As much as I hate (and I mean HATE) the overbearing, suffocating christian movement (and I get it bad here in the south) and the utter idiocy they spew, they can't be blamed for this. They already have enough reasons to be hated.

He clearly is a douche bag of the highest quality, that being said, he is not responsible for the actions of the other idiots on the other side of the world. Them killing people who bear no responsibility for this act make them murderers on top of being stupid. The Quran is an inanimate object, just like the flag, the bible or whatever...its simply a symbol that people attach their emotions too. Apparently this is a threat to some...when you burn a symbol, you metaphorically burn someones values or beliefs.

It reminds me of how worked up Cops get about 80s rap songs, or how violent video games make people killers.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hello,

It is a sad situation and I do understand what you are saying. However, every time we give in because someone makes a threat of violence we lose something ourselves.

A terrorist takes hostages and demands the release of their comrades. Do we do it even though the hostages are in danger of being killed? Sorry, but to my mind, religous fanactics making threats to kill innocents because someone does something they do not like or find repulsive is the same thing. We have become too politically correct in some instances. No one wanting to take the hard line because they want to try and make everyone happy and keep the peace.

If someone threatens any of ours and follows through then I say go after them with all we have. I'll be the first one to step up and get in line. The problem is not only with people like Jones, but with those who allow the fanatics to dictate terms to them without the fear of any consequences.

I wonder what the result would be if some of these zealots were hunted down like the Israelis went after those responsible for Munich? As long as fanatics can make threats and do as they wish without fear of reprisal nothing will ever change. There is always something someone will find to protest and if they don't get their way they will act out in violence.

My problem with this situaiton is that it is not evenly applied. Jones should not burn the Quran but if someone burns a Bible it is not even the same thing. Seems a little one sided to me.

look you need to get over the one sided argument... it has no bearing on my point... none... he did something he knew would get people hurt... and he didnt do it for god or freedom, he did it for himself...

and that "not giving in to anything" attitude will get everyone killed... the simple fact of the matter is that this is, in part, a holy war and there will have to be times when compramise is needed...

dont antagonize crazy muslims = 15 people still alive... simple... how does burning a book fight these people??? all it does is provoke... its hateful; and its wrong, even if he does have the right to do it... and its not wrong because its a holy book, its wrong because the real world consequences arent worth it...

the west has alot of people who arent mentally and spirtitually ready to mix cultures on a world scale yet...

and your hostage scenario doesnt fly in this situation... its a terrorist saying that if you burn his book, people will die........ and burning his book has no strategic or tactical value... all it is is vindictive and petty... and if we want them to be above that sh1t, we have to do it too...

your focus isnt in the right place here... this isnt about muslim fanatics, its about christian fanatics... its just that the fanatics here are so retarded they get their own people killed rather than taking out an enemy...

i think jones should have to look the families he destroyed in the eye and account for his actions... he ruined 15 families for a principle that doesnt even matter... to make a point that was made forever ago and doesnt need to be made over and over again... to vent hate and spread ignorance...

just cause its not illegal that doesnt make it morally correct.
    Last edited by Syn7; 04-03-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    look you need to get over the one sided argument... it has no bearing on my point... none... he did something he knew would get people hurt... and he didnt do it for god or freedom, he did it for himself.
    You raise an interesting point, its an assumption by you, that you know what his real motivations are and its probably true at some level. Although I bet he sees it differently...there are many people who see Christianity as under attack both here and abroad, by the media, the left, and the secular...they see this as a Holy War.

Maybe this is exactly what he wants, to create a proxy war, to stir public opinion against muslims, to create an opportunity for them to demonize themselves to our eyes...and he has.
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammer; 04-03-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    He clearly is a douche bag of the highest quality, that being said, he is not responsible for the actions of the other idiots on the other side of the world. Them killing people who bear no responsibility for this act make them murderers on top of being stupid. The Quran is an inanimate object, just like the flag, the bible or whatever...its simply a symbol that people attach their emotions too. Apparently this is a threat to some...when you burn a symbol, you metaphorically burn someones values or beliefs.

It reminds me of how worked up Cops get about 80s rap songs, or how violent video games make people killers.
    yes he is... they said they would do that if he went ahead with his plans... its not like he had no idea what would happen... whether the muslim killers or just are not is irrelevant... jones was told that if he did this, people would die... he knew it and he did it anyways... its not like he burned the book then some random act followed that he couldnt predict... he was told straight up, by the muslims and the US military...

of course its stupid to kill over a burned book, but thats not the issue here... he was negligent and people died because of it...

You raise an interesting point, its an assumption by you, that you know what his real motivations are and its probably true at some level. Although I bet he sees it differently...there are many people who see Christianity as under attack both here and abroad, by the media, the left, and the secular...they see this as a Holy War.

Maybe this is exactly what he wants, to create a proxy war, to stir public opinion against muslims, to create an opportunity for them to sermonize themselves to our eyes...and he has.
    what he believes is irerlevant... he was warned and he thought he knew better... like when he goes to normal soldiers funerals and rails at the family of the deceased about how their child is dead because god punishes US soldiers because they tolerate gays in the US...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    what he believes is irerlevant... he was warned and he thought he knew better... like when he goes to normal soldiers funerals and rails at the family of the deceased about how their child is dead because god punishes US soldiers because they tolerate gays in the US...
    It always fascinates me, how many people believe they know what God wants and how quick they are to pass judgment on others...they are usually the ones who are trying to cover up their failings as human being.

i find it fascinating that all the answers are basically "burning a book doesnt justify killing 15 people, we should be mad at those who did the killings"... duuuh, you dont say... personally, i didnt feel the need to type that because i thought it was a given... but to be clear

MURDER OVER BULLSH1T = IS BAD

ok?

this is about jones... he was told what would happen and it happened... if i tell you that doing something will get Innocent people killed and it was something so trivial, and you did it anyways, you would be partially responsible for those peoples deaths... and if all this had happened on domestic soil, their would be applicable charges... if he had no warning that would be different... but he was told what would happen and it happened... its an open and shut case...

It always fascinates me, how many people believe they know what God wants and how quick they are to pass judgment on others...they are usually the ones who are trying to cover up their failings as human being.
    its pretty arrogant to think you know whats best... but to force it on everyone else is criminal IMO... i feel oppressed judea-christian values, for sure... if we were actually a real secular society, i'd be laughin'!!!

This is how it works for a Christian, in the words of Christ himself:
    Luke 6: 27 -
    27 “But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. 29 If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from anyone who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. 30 Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return.e Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

and:

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven; 38 give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back.”

39 He also told them a parable: “Can a blind person guide a blind person? Will not both fall into a pit? 40 A disciple is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully qualified will be like the teacher. 41 Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’sf eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? 42 Or how can you say to your neighbor,g ‘Friend,h let me take out the speck in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’si eye.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

This guy is nothing more than an attention whore.

As for a q'uran, it's a book. People needto get their heads out of their asses in a collective way on this topic.

killing people for burning books is stupid. Period.

Burning books in the hope of having people killed is equally stupid.

they deserve each other and should be locked into a room until they have all killed each other.

last man standing get's shot as he leaves so as to not spread the taint further.
    Kung Fu is good for you.