Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hate Pastor Terry Jones Quietly Goes Through With Quran Burning Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    of course its stupid to kill over a burned book, but thats not the issue here...
    Contrarily, I think that is exactly the issue here.

The word of God can't be contained or limited to a book, ANY book.
    The burning of a book that represents ones faith is indeed disturbing but no faith is based on "A book".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    He's a royal moron but all he did was burn a book. He didn't kill anyone. The anger should be sent to the brain dead dip****s that decided a burnt book justifies killing 15 people.
    /thread

But of course we will do anything but blame the murderers for the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    /thread

*snip
    I agree. The problem isn't burning a book, it's the seriously retarded person who thinks it's ok to murder someone for doing so.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

/thread

Nope, I did it in one of my earlier posts. Thanks for playing...
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Nope, I did it in one of my earlier posts. Thanks for playing...
    Well technically I said it in my first post, which was a post before your first post, so I wins again

That pastor is worse than an idiot. He probably gets off on the idea that his actions will influence muslims to violence, whether that be against other muslims or U.S. soldiers. And if he does get off on it, that makes him evil -- in the truest sense.

That said, those who committed murders for the burning of a book are even worse. They're nothing but dumb, remote-controlled robots. They did exactly what that pastor wanted them to do; he can get that response from them anytime he wants. He knows just how to control them and push their buttons. Their actions don't affect him in the least. Not his conscience nor his own physical safety. And they're too stupid to see that.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 04-04-2011 at 03:33 PM.

/thread

come on... dont be so obtuse... at what point did anyone say that the actual perps werent guilty??? quote that one for me... thatthey are guilty is obvious, what else needs to be said? its pretty straight forward... where it concerns jones is where it gets complicated, which is why this thread is about him and not the murderers... if you wanna go on about the obvious, go make a moron thread and be simple as you want... but this thread is about jones... whats so hard about that???

my point is that he did it even tho he knew it would get people killed... now, if he had the balls to go to an afghan village and do it, okay, but he stands behind a shield, does hateful things and in turn got people killed...

now, that wouldnt be so bad if he had no idea what the consequences would be, but he did know... and he did it anyways knowing he himself was safe from the harm that would come to others not even involved... in this guys mind, unless you agree with him you get what you deserve... and those are his words, not mine...

how can one be so simple that they cant see that? the man incited massive violence and doesnt even care... not only that, he's unapologetic and is planning to do even more... he views this as a success... tell that to the 15 families who lost one of their own...

if a guy came to me and said "if you speak to me i will annihilate terry Jones and his church and i decided to speak cause it was my right, how do you suppose jones would feel about that???

IMO the man no longer deserves to live, let alone speak...

to liveon ideals alone and never allow for compramise is the height of ignorance... its a conflicted world with conflicted ideals... thats what balance is all about, thats where a taoist is lightyears ahead of a christian...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That pastor is worse than an idiot. He probably gets off on the idea that his actions will influence muslims to violence, whether that be against other muslims or U.S. soldiers. And if he does get off on it, that makes him evil -- in the truest sense.

That said, those who committed murders for the burning of a book are even worse. They're nothing but dumb, remote-controlled robots. They did exactly what that pastor wanted them to do; he can get that response from them anytime he wants. He knows just how to control them and push their buttons. Their actions don't affect him in the least. Not his conscience nor his own physical safety. And they're too stupid to see that.
    yeah and sacrificing anothers life for your ideal should be a crime and never protected as a right, whatever the action... the first amendment does not cover hate speech and the incitement of violence... he has no right what so ever to sacrifice anothers life for his cause... and the fact that he knew exactly what would happen by burning the books is what makes him guilty, not the actual burning of the book...

im actually surprised that this isnt as obvious to more of you than it is... jimbo is the first one to actually go along the lines i had originally steered the thread and push it a bit further...

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I agree. The problem isn't burning a book, it's the seriously retarded person who thinks it's ok to murder someone for doing so.
    how insightful

thats not what this thread is about... there is no need to speak the obvious... the fact that what you just said has been repeated over and over in this thread is pretty sad...

its wrong to put anothers life in peril for your own ideals... PERIOD... if jones wants to put himself in harms way, fine, have at it... personally, i dont think he has the stones... the man is a cowardly woman beating redneck... it aint right to make somebody else pay for your bullsh1t... ever...

yes its wrong to kill over a burned book, but its a reality and as such needs to be considered when making decisions... whats really fukced up here is that while jones makes a point that doesnt even matter, he got 15 people killed who did have the stones to go and try to make a difference in afghanistan... while terry hides behind a document, these people payed for his arrogance...

can we stop making the point that murdering over a book is wrong now??? does anyone here not understand that killing for burning a book is wrong???

yall should actually read all the posts before you respond... i doubt many of you had actually read this whole thread when you first commented...

ok question:
    inciting violence is a crime... is it inciting violence if the ones that commit the violence at irrationally? even if they said they would act this way beforehand???

what he did here was have a trial and found the book guilty... sentencing suggestions were burning the book, drowning it, shooting it or shredding...

now, after he sees how his trial got a bunch of people killed he has decided it was a success and says next he will put mohammed on trial... how stupid and arrogant is this guy??? clearly he cares more about his ideals than he does for YOUR life... and that aint right, legal or not... i wouldnt shed a tear if somebody put one in the back of this guys head... i would be grateful and consider it a service to all... we cant put him on trial, but we can just kill him on the slide... hopefully somebody close by does it sooner than later... IMO he has forfeit his right to personal safety when he put others in danger...
    Last edited by Syn7; 04-04-2011 at 08:02 PM.

i wouldnt shed a tear if somebody put one in the back of this guys head... i would be grateful and consider it a service to all... we cant put him on trial, but we can just kill him on the slide... hopefully somebody close by does it sooner than later... IMO he has forfeit his right to personal safety when he put others in danger...
    Hmm,

By your logic you are just as guilty as he is. If someone were to kill Jones then you would be, by your standard of reasoning, just as guilty as those who did the deed. So, should Jones somehow get killed would you expect to be held accountable? Would you consider yourself guilty of his murder since your words could be argued to incite such action?
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

ok question:
    inciting violence is a crime... is it inciting violence if the ones that commit the violence at irrationally? even if they said they would act this way beforehand???

what he did here was have a trial and found the book guilty... sentencing suggestions were burning the book, drowning it, shooting it or shredding...

now, after he sees how his trial got a bunch of people killed he has decided it was a success and says next he will put mohammed on trial... how stupid and arrogant is this guy??? clearly he cares more about his ideals than he does for YOUR life... and that aint right, legal or not... i wouldnt shed a tear if somebody put one in the back of this guys head... i would be grateful and consider it a service to all... we cant put him on trial, but we can just kill him on the slide... hopefully somebody close by does it sooner than later... IMO he has forfeit his right to personal safety when he put others in danger...

Actually, it's ridiculous that anyone should be afraid of violence from a religion. It was his right to be an utter turd, and he should not be punished for exercising his right to be a turd.

He's not the criminal. The people who murdered those who absolutely nothing to do with the burning are.

Unfortunately, those who committed the crimes gave islam yet another black eye. Most muslims in Afghanistan are simply protesting. The ones who took it a step further are the criminals who should be punished.

Kill a guy for doing something he was legally allowed to do, simply because he incited some savages? Maye that slain Dutch cartoonist who drew Mohammed deserved what he got too? Or the creators of South Park?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

A crazy religious nut burning a book is putting no one's life in peril Syn7.
    I disagree that he put anyone's l;ife in peril.

What puts peoples life in peril is the idea that burning some material thing is a valid reason to take someones life.

It's not the pastor who did the greater harm, it is the killers and murderers who justify their actions based on this petty action.

If these provocations bring to light just how bad things really are, then I would have a tendency to agree with the pastor on his views in this regard and those murderous scum who acted on that just proved the pastors point.

regardless of what we might think of the pastor, or how we might dislike his approach and his emotional vigour, he proved a point. It's obvious that the provocateur is not the problem, rather it is the level of the deed that was provoked.

So, I sit and watch. I don't care much for people who kill over a book burning. they are the lower form here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hmm,

By your logic you are just as guilty as he is. If someone were to kill Jones then you would be, by your standard of reasoning, just as guilty as those who did the deed. So, should Jones somehow get killed would you expect to be held accountable? Would you consider yourself guilty of his murder since your words could be argued to incite such action?
    if somebody came out and said str8 up, that if i said jones should die, he will be killed, then yeah, i would be inciting that violence... but the threat isnt imminent when i say that... whereas he was warned beforehand, right or wrong, that people would die if he did this...
    Last edited by Syn7; 04-05-2011 at 06:17 AM.