Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hate Pastor Terry Jones Quietly Goes Through With Quran Burning Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    if somebody came out and said str8 up, that if i said jones should die, he will be killed, then yeah, i would be inciting that violence... but the threat isnt imminent when i say that... whereas he was warned beforehand, right or wrong, that people would die if he did this...
    Radical Islam must be pulled out from under the rocks which it hides.
    Things like the Freud murder, the riots from the Danish cartoon and now this reveal the real evil and that is radical Islam.

Pastor guy is doing the same things the artists and writers did. Exposed radical Islam for the vicious murderous thugs they are.

We must expose the fringe elements and show the world what scum they are.
    If that means drawing a cartoon or burning a book. so be it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    A crazy religious nut burning a book is putting no one's life in peril Syn7.
    I disagree that he put anyone's l;ife in peril.

What puts peoples life in peril is the idea that burning some material thing is a valid reason to take someones life.

It's not the pastor who did the greater harm, it is the killers and murderers who justify their actions based on this petty action.

If these provocations bring to light just how bad things really are, then I would have a tendency to agree with the pastor on his views in this regard and those murderous scum who acted on that just proved the pastors point.

regardless of what we might think of the pastor, or how we might dislike his approach and his emotional vigour, he proved a point. It's obvious that the provocateur is not the problem, rather it is the level of the deed that was provoked.

So, I sit and watch. I don't care much for people who kill over a book burning. they are the lower form here.
    yeah, he got a bunch of people killed to prove a point that was proven like 1000 years ago... smooth...

im not saying it wasnt wrong to kill over this, not all... that just wasnt my reason for posting this, i dont really feel that needs further discussion,... its been done to death and is just getting tired now... yeah yeah we get it, radical muslims are nuttz... thatnx for showing us that pastor, im sure the families of the dead will call him to let him know how grateful they are that he made his point... he hasnt helped anyone, only caused more pain... for this he deserves to rot in whatever hell he believes in... in that respect, i wish god was real...

not all speech or action is covered by the first amendment...

my ideals and my sense of reality often conflict with eachother... its a fine line to walk, but im happy to go there... rest assured, nobody will die for my principles...
    but i will be hypocritical at times, anyone with their eyes open and a decent head on their shoulders cant avoid that... theres a time to stick hard to your principles, a time to give a bit of slack and show some judgement and a time to roll hard to six... clearly he doesnt have the mind for these things... should people be allowed to decide when those times are? yeah, sure, as long as you arent getting somebody else hurt over your bullsh1t... its bad enough when you are in danger and bring that danger to others... but this case is so sad that jones never put himself in any real danger even though HE KNEW he was putting others at high high risk... like ive said about 50 times in this thread, HE WAS WARNED by the very people that committed these crimes against the UN workers... he can harldy stand back and act like he didnt see this comming... he KNEW it would happen... he is willing to sacrifice others for his principle... scumbag... and now he says he'll take it a step further and push this even further, even tho he saw what happened... he doesnt care, your life is worth his principle, that much is clear...

i feel the same way about bradley manning... first, i feel classifed material should be declassified after ops are completed, waiting 50 years is rediculous... taxpayers have a righht to know how their money was spent... but 50 years later, they cant hold anyone accountable... look at mcnamara, he admits the false slag attack to start the vietnam war, but did he get in trouble for that? no of course not... second, to give out classifed info on current ops should be a crime... so in that respect he is guilty and should be charged and convicted... if it was up to me i'd give him a nickle and fast track him... if you release documents that get people killed, you should be in trouble, not for leaking classified docs, but for the consequences of doing that... anyone with half a brain knows giving up classified info that is current is deadly stupid... and anyone with half a brain knows that antaghonizing nut case muslims to make a point that doesnt matter and retarded deadly stupid...

Radical Islam must be pulled out from under the rocks which it hides.
    Things like the Freud murder, the riots from the Danish cartoon and now this reveal the real evil and that is radical Islam.

Pastor guy is doing the same things the artists and writers did. Exposed radical Islam for the vicious murderous thugs they are.

We must expose the fringe elements and show the world what scum they are.
    If that means drawing a cartoon or burning a book. so be it.
    oh for sure, by all means, take it to them and show em whats up... but did we need to have a bunch of un wokers killed to know this..? no, ofcourse not... we've known the truth for 1000 years... thats not some arbitrary number i pyulled from my ass, we have known that muslim radicals are nuttz for ever... and not just muslims, but anyone who would force others to live by their standards or die...

all fundamentalist radicals are dangerous, muslim or otherwise...

oh for sure, by all means, take it to them and show em whats up... but did we need to have a bunch of un wokers killed to know this..? no, ofcourse not... we've known the truth for 1000 years... thats not some arbitrary number i pyulled from my ass, we have known that muslim radicals are nuttz for ever... and not just muslims, but anyone who would force others to live by their standards or die...

all fundamentalist radicals are dangerous, muslim or otherwise...
    You wanna show up a radical fundamentalist? then don't play into his hands ( book burnings do that), but nail him to his 'cross" by showing he has perverted the actual teachings he seems to be defending and you do that publically so those of the same faith can see him for what he is.
    THOSE are the people you want to reach, the followers of Islam ( in this case) that have the power to fix the problems.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You wanna show up a radical fundamentalist? then don't play into his hands ( book burnings do that), but nail him to his 'cross" by showing he has perverted the actual teachings he seems to be defending and you do that publically so those of the same faith can see him for what he is.
    THOSE are the people you want to reach, the followers of Islam ( in this case) that have the power to fix the problems.
    word!!!!!!!!!!!

also, on a bit of another note, i would never suggest that a person should be killed for not adhering to others way of life... but i do feel a person can be removed if they would force you to live by their rule or suffer the consequences... and i dont need to see you do it either, i just need to know that you would...
    Last edited by Syn7; 04-05-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Its a very thin line, we live in a society of rules and those rules ( regardless of their origins) are laws and when we choose to live in a given society with given laws then we must be subject to them.
    I dislike the burning of any book and I am a huge advocate of free speech, if nothing else it lets us know who the *******s are.
    At the same time, we should never let ANY demonstration that we disagree with get a "free ride" since we too have free speech and free expression.

Don't like someone burning a book, a flag, a picture of a representation of a people/person/country/ideal?
    Great, protest the protesters.

Of course acts like these only serve as ammo for fundamentalists and their "persecution complexes".

well i never chose to live in this society so does that mean i can ignore the rules and live by my own??? IMO yes... and i do... i dont obey any law i disagree with, EVER... it just so happens that most of the laws that really affect me i agree with... at least in a criminal respect...

its not like i have anywhere else to go, and i didnt choose to be born here... ima firm believer in creating your own life regardless of 'who' wants you to be 'what'... i do as i please and anyone who interferes with that is in for a fight... so far so good... i did time a over a decade ago, but i was guilty for the most part... so i let it happen and just went with it... after three escapes and a canadawide warrant, thatr is
    ima free spirit like that... i do what i want...

but if i was hurting people, i feel you would have every right to put me down as needed... whether that means death, beating, a loss of freedom or any of the other infinite ways to punish people... depennds on the scenario... as far as radical religious nuts that kill people are concerned, they gotta go... i have absolutely no mercy for them... my sense of justice is just as ruthless as thiers, but different...

Allow me an example:
    A father and son were tired here and convicted of murder when they beat their daughter/sister to death for not following the cultural customs of "her people".
    They were well in their rights to do so, IN THEIR HOMELAND, but not here.
    They CHOOSE to live HERE and as such they must NOW abide by OUR laws, not theirs.
    The judge made that VERY< VERY clear to them and to ALL their supporters.

We all choose to live in the society we live in, we are all free to leave it or live in a way the goes against it, and pay the price or find enough link-minded people and change society.
    We have a choice, we ALL have a choice.

The moment we choose to live in a given society, we either accept the rules or change them or fight them and end up in jail.

You may not know it Syn7, but you are supporting the bullies and the thugs.

You are accepting their murder and intolerance based on the vapid and banal moves of one man.

You are in essence blaming the victim for the crime.

yes, it was provocative, but did the pastor murder someone? NO.

only weak minds succumb to banal provocations.
    radical islam is weak minded.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

if somebody came out and said str8 up, that if i said jones should die, he will be killed, then yeah, i would be inciting that violence... but the threat isnt imminent when i say that... whereas he was warned beforehand, right or wrong, that people would die if he did this...
    Curous, exactly what do you mean then when you said this before:

hopefully somebody close by does it sooner than later

Seems to me that you are splitting hairs, at least when it involves you and not someone you dislike, say Jones

Jones burned a book, you stated he had forfiet his right to live, that you would not shed a tear if someone were to put one in the back of his head and that you hope someone would do it sooner rather than latter. Yet, you do not see where you would need to take any responsibility for your words. So, if that is the case for you, then why not the same for Jones.

To make it easier for you let me put it this way:

Consider yourself warned that your words of hate towards Jones could inspire someone to act out on your thoughts. This could result in the death or injury of others. Since you now have met the same criteria which you laid out concerning Jones and the burning of a book, seems like you are just the same as he.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

You may not know it Syn7, but you are supporting the bullies and the thugs.

You are accepting their murder and intolerance based on the vapid and banal moves of one man.

You are in essence blaming the victim for the crime.

yes, it was provocative, but did the pastor murder someone? NO.

only weak minds succumb to banal provocations.
    radical islam is weak minded.
    i never once said that the radicals werent accountable for their actions... im saying its retarded to provoke them for no reason... jones didnt make a point, he didnt achieve anything but the death of a handful of UN workers... i dont support the radicals at all... and im not minimizing their actions... but thats a separate issue... they are guilty, clearly... jones may have a legal right to do what he did, but it was still wrong... not because he burned a book, but because he knew Innocent people would die if he did... its not that diffficult... and if there was any doubt as to whether he was willing to sacrifice others for his cause, he's already planning round two... and he's unaplogetic about all of it... at the very least the guy could appologize to the families he's ruined...

why is it so hard for you people to separate the two issues? they are connected, but not the same... and i never said otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Curous, exactly what do you mean then when you said this before:

hopefully somebody close by does it sooner than later

Seems to me that you are splitting hairs, at least when it involves you and not someone you dislike, say Jones

Jones burned a book, you stated he had forfiet his right to live, that you would not shed a tear if someone were to put one in the back of his head and that you hope someone would do it sooner rather than latter. Yet, you do not see where you would need to take any responsibility for your words. So, if that is the case for you, then why not the same for Jones.

To make it easier for you let me put it this way:

Consider yourself warned that your words of hate towards Jones could inspire someone to act out on your thoughts. This could result in the death or injury of others. Since you now have met the same criteria which you laid out concerning Jones and the burning of a book, seems like you are just the same as he.
    no, its not the same... jones was told beforehand that if he did it, people would die... i wasnt... thats a major difference and if you cant see that, theres nothing more i can say to you to help you understand that... there was no maybe about it, jones knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that what he was doing would get people killed... can you say the same for my posts??? surely you are capable of seeing the difference??? so no, it isnt the same thing...

if i knew he would die from me posting this, then i would be guilty of inciting violence... but as far as anything said here, its just wishful thinking... none of you have come out and said you would kill him if i posted again... whereas jones did have that knowledge beforehand... he knew it would get Innocent people killed and he did it anyways... negligence causing death at the very least...

yes, the radicals are guilty, but thats not what im adressing... personally, i found it so elementary it wasnt worth a mention...

Only a completely bloodless coward would obey a muslim or fear the threat of a stinking ****roach.

So many people were so inspired and renewed by that burning it made me think that we need to be doing that for people here. Everyone has been so wearied with the stupidity and ugliness of these people and demoralised that they really deserve some affirmation and better hope.

Even though we don't have them here and I am so thankful for that, I think about all the people already oppressed of them and how people try to trick and force them to put up with it.

The real truth is that at least that minister actually did something and something that MANY people had nothing against at all. I appreciate the middle of the road opinions of maturity and reason on this thread and I did consider them.

But, they are kind of like venereal disease and if your community does not have it lucky you and do every kind of vermin eradication it takes to keep it that way and don't think twice.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

wow... i havent met one person that has told me they were inspired by the burning... and quite frankly, i dont see whats inspiring about it??? ya got me there...

but then i dont live in a bible belt, if i did, i'd prolly meet at least a few...

but why inspiring??? how is burning a book inspiring? and what about the billion people that were disrespected in the meantime? people who dont like radical islam?

dont get me wrong, im not being any sort of appologist here... personally, i think somebody should just move in hard with extreme prejudice and eradicate these extremist radical types... yeah i said it, completely obliterate... and anyone who is with them and caught in the middle of it, well, thats just too bad... i have no sympathy for the terrorists... none whatsoever... i dont mind them attacking soldiers, but when they kill civilians that arent even involved, thats the line right there...

What this baptist minister did was a slap in the face of the direct teachings of Christ.
    There is no excuse for what he did, none whatsoever.