Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hate Pastor Terry Jones Quietly Goes Through With Quran Burning Plan

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    What this baptist minister did was a slap in the face of the direct teachings of Christ.
    There is no excuse for what he did, none whatsoever.
    Not sure I agree with that bro.

He burnt a book to send a message.

Jesus kicked apart a whole bunch of peoples livelihoods in the temple when he got po'd at what they were doing "in the name of" and "on the premises of"

Jesus was a radical. I don't think he had an issue with tearing down something that was incorrect at the heart of it and frankly, seeing a burning book as a cause to murder someone? Yeah, that is a corruption and it should be torn down, burnt, dusted and forever forgotten like a bad meal.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Not sure I agree with that bro.

He burnt a book to send a message.

Jesus kicked apart a whole bunch of peoples livelihoods in the temple when he got po'd at what they were doing "in the name of" and "on the premises of"

Jesus was a radical. I don't think he had an issue with tearing down something that was incorrect at the heart of it and frankly, seeing a burning book as a cause to murder someone? Yeah, that is a corruption and it should be torn down, burnt, dusted and forever forgotten like a bad meal.
    This minister is NOT Jesus and when Jesus laid the kaibosh on HIS people he was making a statement against the current heirachy of HIS religion.
    In regards to others, Jesus's preaching was clear and precise:
    Love and pray for those that hate and persecute you.
    Taking the symbol of another person's faith, even one that hates you and considers you their enemy and burning it causing MORE hatred is a direct violation of Christ's command to love and pray for our enemies.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Well, I'm not a "goodly christian woman", there is a stem on this apple. I also live in a place where religious men do not go around trying to effiminize and neuter males or we would have a bunch of miserable men and muslims. Then everybody has to start making up things in their head they don't really believe so somebody can be happy that sure doesn't care if they or anybody else is.

Muslims have places where the penalty for invasion by a non-muslim is death. We don't have that officially, but if they do why are you trying to fool me? I don't want to debate or argue with some nice lady who wants to dedicate her life and neighborhood to impossible social work of a pestilence I would not do, but "slap in the face of christ" seems more to me what all these "radical fairies" are doing when they try to convince otherwise regular humans to "downgrade - wayyyy down" in the name of christ! - Ha! That's the insult!

Syn, I don't know your billion muslims but I know the statistics in general and as far as radical islam goes I wish these all holy pacifist muslims that keep claiming they aren't the same would eradicate their own lice but gee they can't - because....? Anyway, you saying a billion muslims in no way helps your case because all I could say is "exactly"

Inspiring means that for those few moments people could imagine freedom from even having to have that black cloud in their head or heart - It is just as valid and just as right as any other opinion on this thread and unless you are doing "free checks/free food" or bug spray for 'em, then so far this one minister has done more than you - that is great! That's what made me realize that lots of people have lived in heavily urban places so long that they are totally institutionalized. Of course they wish to believe someone that makes the threat seem ok and the smell seem like roses because they are forced prisoners and can't get away. Their argument may be a part of their coping mechanism for what they already feel they can't defeat - when people feel they can't win they commit suicide or start rapping. Same thing. (intellectually and spiritually)

Anyway it is all good because arguing it for me is a moot point.
    I just thought there might be some really sad and angry people out there who could use a little sunshine amidst all this "bowing and serving" something I wouldn't keep for a servant - or eat them. (Indians will not eat certain enemies - the way the pig is to the muslim - they only cut off the head and burn the bodies) and every time I see one of these threads about "I want to be a muslims wife! You leave him alone! He's deep!" I just laugh and think it really must seem like some fantasy kingdom "far, far away" that there are still some few places left where people walk around on earth and grass with no fear or intimidation, greatful to God and so much more free and healthy than anything I have seen here.

Philosophy is false of course and only a imaginary game of theory that people take pleasure playing with in their head - it is a way of trying to consider the things that trouble a man and the feeling that one has found a high and fine place is good.
    But it is just pretend after all and one thing that terrorists are not doing that too many Americans are is - pretending.

Inspired as to go out walking today on the mountain and stop at neighbors jsut to tell them about this thread and thank them and tell them how greatful I am for them that if La Raza or Radical Islam came here no one would be able to blame me because the list of suspects would be the population roll and they would not know who to arrest for having the simple sense to sanitize!
    I want to pay more attention to these guys who work with the strength of horses and tell them how good it is to have and be around them where we don't have to be neutered or crazy and frantic like....that one guy who is always starting provocative thredas to say the right opinion everyone should have....like neutered commies in their sad habitrail.

You DO NOT have to believe AT ALL that Jesus wants you to lay down before the enemies of Christ and sacrifice yourself and family! That is such a fake joke and weak attempt it is more humor than insult! I mean it is not funny that religion is being used to degrade and enslave it's own people - that's pretty creepy even if it does have on a pretty dress - what's creepier? A honest man or one that goes mewling and puking and leading to a less and wretched place? One time the Jews were holed up in a cave and would not fight and they said "If we all refuse to fight there will be none of us left" and they began to resist. People rose up and helped them because they had the worth to rise up for themselves. Who knows? It could happen....

Anyway, enough of my happiness and counter-bible stories (if you call it that. Pointing out other parts of the bible besides "Let a muslim rape and cut up your women or you hate Jesus!" (Ha-ha! That's clown shoes face up!)
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

I appreciate that you see only TWO options and both seem to be absolutes.
    Perhaps one day you will see that there are more than just those options.
    Till then, here is hoping and praying that not EVERYONE sees things the same way.
    Because if they did...what a bloodshed we would have.

I appreciate that you see only TWO options and both seem to be absolutes.
    Perhaps one day you will see that there are more than just those options.
    Till then, here is hoping and praying that not EVERYONE sees things the same way.
    Because if they did...what a bloodshed we would have.
    Oh it wouldn't last long and think of the peace and sunshine after! Sometimes we can't avoid it but that does not mean we lay down before it all we have and are (or were).

If everybody had the same opinion, we would all already be wearing waitress outfits and getting central american wages so we could be so happy to bring cheesecake to - Fugly the bottom of the human scale!

Oh it wouldn't last long and think of the peace and sunshine after!
    History has shown that view to be very, very wrong.
    But to each their own, I may not agree with your view, but I do believe that you are entitiled to it and will defend your right to say it

This minister is NOT Jesus and when Jesus laid the kaibosh on HIS people he was making a statement against the current heirachy of HIS religion.
    In regards to others, Jesus's preaching was clear and precise:
    Love and pray for those that hate and persecute you.
    Taking the symbol of another person's faith, even one that hates you and considers you their enemy and burning it causing MORE hatred is a direct violation of Christ's command to love and pray for our enemies.
    Not sure if he caused hatred or simply revealed it.

I'm not down with the inflammatory bent, but in my opinion, we are actually talking about 2 wrongs here.

The pastor, burnt a book. mildly wrong, provocative, but if I burnt a bible today, no one would know or care.

Radical Muslims upon being informed of such, went out and took the lives of living breathing people. they did not eye for an eye by burning the pastors book, they acted criminally and that is the element that must be recognized and thrown out the door of Islam.

Same/Same for Christian radicals, Jewish ones, Buddhist ones, political ones. We, as a species do not need these kinds of ideologies to be carelessly thrown about.

so, what about the media that gives this man a voice? are they not also culpable in this provocation? In fact, are they not THE culpable party here.

The pastor can burn all the books he likes, but if no one gives him a soap box from which to do it, then who cares right?

As an aside, Jesus was rectifying an error in the religious practice at his temple.
    Not necessarily entirely his people actually. Many moneychangers were not jews at all. He was addressing a problem in a violent way. This story is huge with me on a lot of levels as it defines Jesus in his humanity.

Poke a monk with a stick enough and he will get pizzed.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

<<Same/Same for Christian radicals, Jewish ones, Buddhist ones, political ones. We, as a species do not need these kinds of ideologies to be carelessly thrown about.>>

The thing I am not sure about is that would be contradictory to thousands of years of repeating cycles of history and behavior. The only thing that changes is the colors, not the dynamic.

I see people that are intellectually serious struggling with our times and that to me is much different than people just imagining how it should be without consideration - it is just that these things happen and have always happened and the serious folks here might have been in temples in earlier times but the dynamic will roll out the same. Not that it will THIS time, because people know what they are doing and are in control (hee)

But it seems to me that we run on these cycles pretty consistently and though I was more candid before about the rads and etc I really think that people maintain and develop cultures and their race by having their own places to live. That's exactly how.
    Now, if you will indeed serve everyone, people are told a theory of a thing that has been done before and we have lasted at least as long as they did? One of the shortest peoples in human history - the empty headed Athenians. (A ancient democracy)

So if you want a more ideal answer to a more peaceful earth then first give everybody back their people and blood and let them separate into their cities like they naturally will because it makes them happy and let them decide on cities of commerce and mingling too because that also makes them happy and from that rise culture and identity - not universal and enforced multi-kulti. It offends them and it offends us but people insist that if everybody just believes it won't and

People have never done that. We actually do seem to think we need ideologies - not thrown about or tread over and even if you think we do not need ideologies - the dynamic remains the same.

If you take "there is a time to every purpose" as a little deeper than poetry, yeah I know "Boo!" - but considering the real and manifest dynamic as we go along and as it has been may be clearer tan trying to blame it on or sort it out by religion or secularism - it can't be sorted out or arrested. The longer plates in the earth are pressed together the greater the pressure and the greater the earthquake. People seem pretty much the same and logic, religion and even military power can only hold their own so long.

Seems like.

how many of you heard about his book burning planned around sept 11??? how many of yall did NOT know that people would die if he did this???

i knew... if you were on top of the story then you knew too... the pastor knew too... so i dont see how he revealed anything new???

I didn't know about it - but if I had I would have checked it out and had a laugh

I did not know people would be killed - were they the same as him or th same as their killers? Because in the US if it is race-on-race we pretty much don't care and "power to ya every day!" - they only put stuff on the news that is inflammatory. But point is if the killers killed their own people in their own country it is not the preacher's fault it is the exact carbon copy of the message he sent and why. I mean if we could burn more of those books then it would make a fire big enough to throw the killers on too and that wouold be double hoo-ray -

As far as you knowing and me not I guess then at least you were on top of the sit and could express your feelings on a internet board and that's about it I guess. I did not feel any obligation to be "on top" of something like that but now I kind of do. I will try to watch better but "news of the world" P-U sucky - it's like getting sick through the eye.

I have often wondered if people in the urban places did not listen to or obey the news they would be cut off from propaganda and programming. Without that they would still work and live but they would look for news locally and their lives would be more relevant because they would be just as guided and propagandized by, of and for their own neighborhood.
    A social experiment I just wondered about but can't fund....thought of it because I had the thought that city people's programming prevents them in their own place by bombarding them with other places and simple diversion stuff.

Crazy people are HOT.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"