Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite counters to a roundhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    My favorite has always been the teep.

And no one does it as well as Buakaw. He's a beast.

I prefer not to shield with my shins because, well, i'm a pu$sy and it fookin' hurts.
    lol me too both the teep and the shielding bit

shielding is a good idea if its 5 rounds, if its a street fight or MMA man up step in take it and hit him with a right cross

when i used to do taekwondo years back, i know the sparring wasnt realistic but at least at that dojo whenever i saw someone throw a roundhouse i could easily tell when they were going to go for it. i would just step right in close behind them and start throwing a lot of punches. i always got yelled at by the sensei who told me it was taekwondo not boxing which i still find funny to this day.

i always got yelled at by the sensei who told me it was taekwondo not boxing which i still find funny to this day.
    It may be funny but he was trying to impart the style and its fighting philosophy..so I can dig it. Leads well into why peeps started cross-training.

I was watching a kung fu training video on Youtube and these 2 little kung fu boys (think it was in Malaysia) were doing some unbelievable training..one exercise was drilling how to take down your opponent throwing a roundhouse. Just like I was saying, step in and WHAM! although they stepped in to the body's centre, grabbed the leg and twisted down and around..very impressive. They did this against a number of different kicks. These boys were hardcore for their age.

nospam
    佛家