Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which vids: Hapkido or Hwa Rang Do

rogue Guest
    Yeah, TRS does go overboard. One of their talents told me to never even mention in passing anything that you don't want talked about. He was ****ed at the marketing dept, but said that they do a good job at presenting the material and their quality and standards are top notch.

One thing to remember though is that most guys making videos or writing articles are there to promote (sell) their arts and skills, and there's nothing wrong with that. Cucci, Norris, Vunak, Joo Bang Lee and the Gracies for example are not just very good martial artists but have to also try to be good businessmen and salesmen. For example, if you believed the hype TRS put out about Vunak you'd think he trained every SEAL in H2H and was going on missions with them, but of the few SEALs that I've met only one had even heard of him or his system. While Vunak does correct the hype from time to time it also hasn't hurt him either. BTW I'm just using Vunak as an example since he's known most everyone.

It's getting to the point where I'm doubtful of the backgrounds and histories of many MA instructors. About the only thing to go on is how well they present their arts and most of all how good their students are. Maybe these guys have to hype themselves due to competition, like the one legit kempo master who elevated himself to 15th degree BB because so many had elevated themselves to 10th degree. Likewise, maybe to compete with the marketing hype of Jerry Peterson they feel that they have to out do him to sell tapes.

Sad situation for all.

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.

ATT: Rogue

Check out the Echanis thread at Bladeforums. Some old school HRD BB's are posting in the thread.

Do you own Echanis' Black Book?
    Monkey vs. Robot

Thanks Stranger. No black book, I'd love to see how it matches up against the HRD Panter video on knife fighting that they have.

I just posted that question over there.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.