Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GZ Wingchun 12 movements set

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    My back problem actually got cured now, after one year practicing my own lineage's form. So that's good to know. The wingchun really got some problem. Even Ip Man style does have the back pain problem too, especially Jiu Wan branch. I know people from that branch and they have seriously got some pain in the body with the practice..

Yes, Fung Siu Ching lineage is more to the san sik and it's mainly all san sik. You are right. But it doesn't harm for you to chain it up for memorizing or reviewing the moves.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No back pains and other pains that I know off in our part of the Ip Man lineage. But close attention to the details of structure in development by serious students can avoid those things IMO.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No back pains and other pains that I know off in our part of the Ip Man lineage. But close attention to the details of structure in development by serious students can avoid those things IMO.

joy chaudhuri
    Good for you! Your teacher is good then! Keep it up!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

My back problem actually got cured now, after one year practicing my own lineage's form.
    don't be so modest! share with everyone how you "got better"; I mean, it's all right here on your website:
    "In 2009, because the kungfu Mak Jo Si learned from the past with all these horrible masters, he got serious injuries all over the body. With his right leg temporary disabled and all kinds of pain and aches around the body and joints, he was not able to do any kungfu at all. He have to stop and terminate his kungfu teaching. That must be the end of his life of kungfu!

No, not at all! During the fall of 2009, Mak Jo Si gained the ability of communicating with the deities and Taoverse Deity take care of him. Taoverse Deity taught him kungfu directly and actually helped him recover from the injuries in the past in a few months!"
    http://www.chiinnature.com/kungfu_master_bio.html

isn't being forthright refreshing?

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    don't be so modest! share with everyone how you "got better"; I mean, it's all right here on your website:
    "In 2009, because the kungfu Mak Jo Si learned from the past with all these horrible masters, he got serious injuries all over the body. With his right leg temporary disabled and all kinds of pain and aches around the body and joints, he was not able to do any kungfu at all. He have to stop and terminate his kungfu teaching. That must be the end of his life of kungfu!

No, not at all! During the fall of 2009, Mak Jo Si gained the ability of communicating with the deities and Taoverse Deity take care of him. Taoverse Deity taught him kungfu directly and actually helped him recover from the injuries in the past in a few months!"
    http://www.chiinnature.com/kungfu_master_bio.html

isn't being forthright refreshing?
    Get lost, don't play with stupid games. I ain't here for these. Talk kungfu or show your kungfu as a true kungfuman, if you aren't then too bad.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

The wingchun really got some problem. Even Ip Man style does have the back pain problem too, especially Jiu Wan branch. I know people from that branch and they have seriously got some pain in the body with the practice..
    Really? Maybe there's just something wrong with Wing Chun (Yong Chun) in China!

Seriously, I think most 'Martial Artists' have had back problems, especially those that learn the larger pole and weaponry methods like Jiu Wans students. But it is the student who recognises changes in their bodies and a good teacher should listen and advise accordingly. It's also key to understand that all interactive training, like chisau, is connected to the spine so accidents can, and do, happen.

Personally, I've seen more heart problems than back problems in Wing Chun

Yes, Fung Siu Ching lineage is more to the san sik and it's mainly all san sik. You are right. But it doesn't harm for you to chain it up for memorizing or reviewing the moves.
    But it kills your back right!?

Out of interest, did you film the clip before or after your back problem, and have you adjusted certain structures to compensate??
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 04-20-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Really? Maybe there's just something wrong with Wing Chun (Yong Chun) in China!

Seriously, I think most 'Martial Artists' have had back problems, especially those that learn the larger pole and weaponry methods like Jiu Wans students. But it is the student who recognises changes in their bodies and a good teacher should listen and advise accordingly. It's also key to understand that all interactive training, like chisau, is connected to the spine so accidents can, and do, happen.

But it kills your back right!?

Out of interest, did you film the clip before or after your back problem, and have you adjusted certain structures to compensate??

I filmed the clip AFTER I have the back problem and now I am recovered from it after one year of rest, treatment and doing my own lineage's exercise and forms. Therefore my video show me doing forms with "injuries" sad.... but I film my video for myself to reference back only, it was meant to just for myself but somebody told me that I should post them online and so I did so....

... but I film my video for myself to reference back only, it was meant to just for myself but somebody told me that I should post them online and so I did so....
    Well, respect to you for sharing.

Something a few can learn from on here I think.

I've actually started a project from my home too, to share and exchange training ideas and tips online. This really only happend because I got tired of writing on forums and facebook
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hunched back lead to poor posture, which leads to back pain.

Pivoting on toes is mistaken way of pivot on whole foot, using Kidney 1 asa reference point.

Striking from shoulders is always weaker than using the whole body.

[QUOTE=LoneTiger108;1090171]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wing Chun when done properly IMO involves quite natural motions. Doing motions incorrectly
    can result in pains and injuries. Of course so can actual fighting or vigorous uncontrolled sparring.
    Doing taichi badly can result in knee problems.Wrong bong saos can lead to shoulder problems.
    Wrong punching can lead to elbow tendonitis. Very narrow knee stances can lead to knee problems.Incorrect spinal alignments can cause back problems. When wing chun or taichi are well taught-it can strengthen the joints rather than injure them.

Good teaching. learning and practice are keys to avoiding injuries.

Anecdotally: I have been doing wing chun regularly since 1976 without any wing chun related injuries. A major incident- a dog fight involving multiple dogs including my 3 Arctic guys- a malamute and two samoyeds who were attacked was the source of one knee problem. Trauma from a fall on concrete, and my stupidity in continued daily long walks with the sled pulling type of dogs without taking a break or tending to inflammation led to the problem knee -which was helped some by not doing the same stupid things and avoiding wrong repetitions in motion.

Greater danger in the US to health are likely from automobiles. More dangers from pollution in parts of China, obesity in the US. Some old time sifus smoked a lot thanks to successful peddling by the tobacco industry. Some drank too much.

Not a simple causal link between wing chun and health problems IMO, FWIW.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Not a simple causal link between wing chun and health problems IMO, FWIW.
    Agreed 100%
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 04-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

pivot point

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    Hunched back lead to poor posture, which leads to back pain.

Pivoting on toes is mistaken way of pivot on whole foot, using Kidney 1 asa reference point.

Striking from shoulders is always weaker than using the whole body.

Slightly off topic but in the lineage I study we pivot further back than Kd1 more Liv4 or Sp5 (if you're not into TCM I'd describe it as directly below the ankle bone), funny how even the things that are sacred in one lineage can be so different in another. As for lower back pain, I often get students complaining of lower back pain during the first few weeks of training, it is almost always caused by not tilting the cocyx under as was previously posted.

totally agree with robert. bad posture, makes for some bad injuries.
    did I read that gods (forget other spelling) healed this dude. Ok maybe he would be helped by a bit of away time in his local mental hospital.
    MAn VT gets some freaks.
    Last edited by bennyvt; 04-21-2011 at 04:26 PM.

For me,

The way to solve the proper body alignment, power generation, and structure is to learn the traditional TCMA's 20Ch + 6DFV to solve the issues holistically in body static and dynamically.

20Ch + 6DFV is the root of the holistic practice.

I've seen little evidence of WC practice having any direct effect on physical health or joints either way, other than the usual advantages of regular exercise.

Plenty of sparring injuries, but nothing like as frequent as in rugby, let alone motorcycle racing.

I had a lot of back pain in my twenties and thirties. WC had no effect either way. While I guess I could have involved Taoist dieties, I got good results from the more prosaic route of three months of physiotherapy. Have been totally fine ever since (I'm 56 now).

If you have a problem, forget prayer, get off your a$$ and solve it!
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Wow. This forum is awesome
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!