Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you store your weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    Shuo? do you have a Chinese word for it? I am confused, is it the hook?
    梭 this may not be the correct character. but it is the closest one I can find.

suo means shuttle

wooden one for weaving silk threads into a piece of cloth.

the weapon with surrated edges. spear like-- is called suo.

---

Thumbs up

lu bu weapon is called fang tian ji

square heaven ji.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS1U85l0tec

This? Tin Yat's lineage kungfu. The form name is Yuen Chi Tin Juen 18 Roads Heavenly Halberd (ji) 天一元始天尊十八路轟天戟
    Last edited by CYMac; 04-24-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

This is how i store my weapons lol

http://www.mangareader.net/215-46730...hapter-36.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    梭 this may not be the correct character. but it is the closest one I can find.

suo means shuttle

wooden one for weaving silk threads into a piece of cloth.

the weapon with surrated edges. spear like-- is called suo.

---
    梭(Suo) is a throwing weapon. it comes with 1/2 lb to 1 lb. The difference between 梭(Suo) and 镖(Biao) is 镖(Biao) has tassel attached to one end. The 梭(Suo) doesn't have tassel attached to it and it's sharp on bothe end.

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    My kungfu is for health and fun. My path, my career (life-time) is a Taoist, Taoism master, temple owner. Teaching "Taoism", Tin Yat Lineage. 天一派 (天一正法). Kungfu is not my main focus, it's just a hobby or side dish for me.

Fighting? I don't fight. If force is needed when threat is in front of me, I shoot with a gun only. That's why I am into guns, that's what I use for self-defense and home-defense, at all time. (I am not joking). Fighting is meaningless to me, I will get hurt or risk to get hurt. I won't risk my life or my fiancee's life by fighting. If I need to fight for my life, I will shoot a bullet, lethal and clean, great stopping power and no need to worry about your daily condition as well.

Did I make myself clear enough? I have no idea why people all try to gang up on me before but maybe they also confused the same thing.

*I am not a wushu practitioner either. I am a Taoist.
    I have said pretty much the same thing here for years.

Martial Arts are really pretty passe. Bad guys have guns and knives if you don't have one or both, good luck! Look at that MMA guy in the lower thread there, thought he was superman and tried to take out two guys with guns and died. That isn't being heroic, that's being stupid!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 04-24-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I have said pretty much the same thing here for years.

Martial Arts are really pretty passe. Bad guys have guns and knives if you don't have one or both, good luck! Lookat thr MMA guy in thr lower thread there, though he was superman and tried to take ooit two guys with guns and died. That isn't being heroic, that's being stupid!
    I guess that depends on your profession a lot too. I've been working in a jail for the last 5 years. It's crucial that I know how to fight.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I guess that depends on your profession a lot too. I've been working in a jail for the last 5 years. It's crucial that I know how to fight.
    I agree, but I'm posting from my phone and I was to lazy to type that much.

12 years California Department Of Corrections, 9 months as a training member on the SERT team before an injury caused me to resign.

In that Peace Officers do benefit from some specialized training. MMA, Hard Aikido or jujutsu. I've had some of each.

I keep my weapons (guns) in a safe, unless I'm carrying.

1) nice collection

2) Lol about the effectiveness of a bullet and how it prevents blood etching on your practice weapons

3) We have become more okinawan it seems. They are laying all over the farm looking like plain old axes, hatchets, axles and saw blades, etc..
    I love the throwing hawk, but have not had a threat yet to see how many it takes to get to the center of a troublesome trespasser.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    1) nice collection

2) Lol about the effectiveness of a bullet and how it prevents blood etching on your practice weapons

3) We have become more okinawan it seems. They are laying all over the farm looking like plain old axes, hatchets, axles and saw blades, etc..
    I love the throwing hawk, but have not had a threat yet to see how many it takes to get to the center of a troublesome trespasser.
    My favorite weapon is a No. 3 or No. 4 pencil!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I agree, but I'm posting from my phone and I was to lazy to type that much.

12 years California Department Of Corrections, 9 months as a training member on the SERT team before an injury caused me to resign.

In that Peace Officers do benefit from some specialized training. MMA, Hard Aikido or jujutsu. I've had some of each.
    QFT.

This is actually the reason I train Iron Palm. Closed fist striking isn't allowed(unless absolutely necessary), but we can do all the b1tch slapping we want.

Honestly, there are times when i'd rather be hit with a fist than an open hand. Sh1t hurts.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Honestly, there are times when i'd rather be hit with a fist than an open hand. Sh1t hurts.
    That it does!