Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you store your weapons?

How do you store your weapons?

This is how I store my weapons in my apartment unit, how do you store yours? (this photo is taken in around Feb or Mar 2010, I have got more weapons as time goes on and now it's really a mess!!!~

Anybody like to share their photos of weapon storage?
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

i sotre my weapon in my boxers lol

just out of interest can you atcually fight with any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    i sotre my weapon in my boxers lol

just out of interest can you atcually fight with any of them?
    No, I don't fight with weapons. they are for kungfu only.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

On a rack stand.

I don't have anywhere near the amount of old weapons you have.
    nice collection.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    so do you practise with all of them,

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    so do you practise with all of them,
    Yes indeed, I do practice with all of them. At least 2 forms for each weapons for sure if talking about uncommon ones. Common one like swords and stuff have over 10 forms for sure. (swords, broadsword, spears, staff, kwan dao, pu dao, are common ones as I consider..)

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    On a rack stand.

I don't have anywhere near the amount of old weapons you have.
    nice collection.
    Yeah I thought of a rack before but it just looks impossible now with over 80 weapons around.. sigh.. that's only the weapons at home. In our temple, it's another double.. I used something from home depot for storing rakes and shovels in the temple for it, cheap and nice

so your kung fu is not for fighting? are you a wushu practioner? your posts really makes me wonder what your path is, not that there anythign wrong with it, just very confusing. thanks in advance
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I actually let my weapons lie on the floor

if you lean your weapons with long poles against the wall

over time, they will bend or not straight any more.

--

among your collection

I like the shuo with hooks

shuo is the weapon that lu bu used.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    so your kung fu is not for fighting? are you a wushu practioner? your posts really makes me wonder what your path is, not that there anythign wrong with it, just very confusing. thanks in advance
    My kungfu is for health and fun. My path, my career (life-time) is a Taoist, Taoism master, temple owner. Teaching "Taoism", Tin Yat Lineage. 天一派 (天一正法). Kungfu is not my main focus, it's just a hobby or side dish for me.

Fighting? I don't fight. If force is needed when threat is in front of me, I shoot with a gun only. That's why I am into guns, that's what I use for self-defense and home-defense, at all time. (I am not joking). Fighting is meaningless to me, I will get hurt or risk to get hurt. I won't risk my life or my fiancee's life by fighting. If I need to fight for my life, I will shoot a bullet, lethal and clean, great stopping power and no need to worry about your daily condition as well.

Did I make myself clear enough? I have no idea why people all try to gang up on me before but maybe they also confused the same thing.

*I am not a wushu practitioner either. I am a Taoist.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    I actually let my weapons lie on the floor

if you lean your weapons with long poles against the wall

over time, they will bend or not straight any more.

--
    Yes, that is right, but if you use it daily, it will not bend at all, I have stored my white wax wood staff for 3 years against the wall, nothing happen. Still very straight. Just don't have too much moisture in the house. PLUS you must know how to take care of the weapons yourself by doing cleaning, sanding, oiling and all kinds of maintenance job.

For white wax wood staff, you can sand it all, then re-oil it, and after a day, it will be BETTER than brand new~ that's just my experience, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    among your collection

I like the shuo with hooks

shuo is the weapon that lu bu used.

Shuo? do you have a Chinese word for it? I am confused, is it the hook?