Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How do you store your weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    M4, iron sights right now, but due to an upcoming mission, they'll be giving me CCOs... you know, like everyone else in the friggin' Army has anyway.
    huh?? are you talking to someone?
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    huh?? are you talking to someone?
    Just sharing weapons info
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Just sharing weapons info

Oh~ okay~ I thought you were answer someone but I can't find who you are talking to, that's why. M4, that's a great gun to fire~ haha! iron sight just kills, so hard to aim sometimes..
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Oh~ okay~ I thought you were answer someone but I can't find who you are talking to, that's why. M4, that's a great gun to fire~ haha! iron sight just kills, so hard to aim sometimes..
    Well, I was "raised" with the M16A2, so I'm actually more comfortable with them. I know they are a bit antiquated, but I'm just more proficient with them.

Aiming isn't hard as long as you apply your four fundamentals. I can tell just from your shot group what you are doing wrong (High/low, left/right misses, and "shot group all over the place!").
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Brass polish

Brass parts, use brasso to clean it completely and then re-buff it to make it nice and shiny.
    I never use Brasso. It's too abrasive for me. I use Wenol, which one of my gun restorer friends got me hooked on. There's different grades. In general, I like to use a lot of gun products for cleaning cold arms. They make such great gun products. I was really into silicon cloths for a spell, but they got too slippery for handles. Either that, or my grip just got weaker.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

CYMac,

When I said your weapon collection is huge in quantity, I was talking about your MA weapons. The gun news story mentioned is just a side-note that might be interesting for weapon storage in general.

With regards to the topic of this thread, my knowledge in MA weapon maintenance is limited. Currently, I possess only one single edge blade. I did some customization soon after I bought it to make its size and weight to suit my training. The body of the blade is made of carbon steel. It comes with metal oil rubbed. I find it difficult to maintain the blade with oil. So I sprayed the body of the blade with lacquer, and it works fine. First, the coating works very well in preventing the blade from rusting. Second, it is easy to maintain the blade using such method. Third, it is a very inexpensive way of maintenance. People will agree so when they find that a non-stainless steel blade with such treatment does not rust a bit for years in warm and humid area like South China. At last, my way of storing the weapon is simple. I just keep it in its shealth, and lean it standing against the wall.

P.S.: My knowledge in gun and its maintenance is very limited. And I do not possess a gun. My only experience with gun was an hour of class in a gun club while I resided in Canada. But I guess it would be common sense to clean a gun only when it is not loaded. In the news story mentioned in my first post, I strongly believe that the local police should investigate further into the how the person got hurt by a gun. Because the initial statement made by the man to the police does not ring true.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong
    Last edited by SteveLau; 05-02-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I never use Brasso. It's too abrasive for me. I use Wenol, which one of my gun restorer friends got me hooked on. There's different grades. In general, I like to use a lot of gun products for cleaning cold arms. They make such great gun products. I was really into silicon cloths for a spell, but they got too slippery for handles. Either that, or my grip just got weaker.
    Try toothpaste, it's magic too, "sometimes" haha!

Yes I do agree gun products are cool and good for metal, very cool~Thanks for the reminder on that too. Buffing is nice, try peek, that thing is really a magic... better than bawang's mayo....

Well, I was "raised" with the M16A2, so I'm actually more comfortable with them. I know they are a bit antiquated, but I'm just more proficient with them.

Aiming isn't hard as long as you apply your four fundamentals. I can tell just from your shot group what you are doing wrong (High/low, left/right misses, and "shot group all over the place!").
    Professional!

I have a target for my air pistol that is made to tell what is wrong as well, haha~ but for airguns, sometimes is more the quality of the gun that make you miss, not your own hands. That's the weird part.

Thanks for the reply.

You are right, the news is flawed and the police should work into the subject more before claiming what they reported is true.

Also, having so many weapons doesn't make it illegal or anything. There isn't a single law about how many of these kungfu weapons you can own, so don't worry, you can own a store with tons of weapons.

I do own a few high carbon steel blades too. I don't need to spray them with anything as I don't want them to be "non metal feeling". Simply dry them off, when you use them daily, it's fine. If you don't use them for a while, just use some metal oil to coat it and it will be fine. Easy and cheap to maintenance.

The forged "hammered" steel are the hardest to upkeep but I do not have one myself "now". I used to have a few before but they are not with me now. If you can care for them well enough, they really show you some magic!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLau View Post
    CYMac,

When I said your weapon collection is huge in quantity, I was talking about your MA weapons. The gun news story mentioned is just a side-note that might be interesting for weapon storage in general.

With regards to the topic of this thread, my knowledge in MA weapon maintenance is limited. Currently, I possess only one single edge blade. I did some customization soon after I bought it to make its size and weight to suit my training. The body of the blade is made of carbon steel. It comes with metal oil rubbed. I find it difficult to maintain the blade with oil. So I sprayed the body of the blade with lacquer, and it works fine. First, the coating works very well in preventing the blade from rusting. Second, it is easy to maintain the blade using such method. Third, it is a very inexpensive way of maintenance. People will agree so when they find that a non-stainless steel blade with such treatment does not rust a bit for years in warm and humid area like South China. At last, my way of storing the weapon is simple. I just keep it in its shealth, and lean it standing against the wall.

P.S.: My knowledge in gun and its maintenance is very limited. And I do not possess a gun. My only experience with gun was an hour of class in a gun club while I resided in Canada. But I guess it would be common sense to clean a gun only when it is not loaded. In the news story mentioned in my first post, I strongly believe that the local police should investigate further into the how the person got hurt by a gun. Because the initial statement made by the man to the police does not ring true.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong