Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How do you store your weapons?

nice . i carry a tactical calculator and tactical books. and a semtex eraser.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    nice . i carry a tactical calculator and tactical books. and a semtex eraser.
    hmmm. couldn't you just get those apps for your tactical i-phone?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

no monies. cant afford

I am telling you guys.....

...a sharpened #3 or #4 pencil!

No one confiscates a pencil (YET), especially if you camouflage it with pad of paper!

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    no monies. cant afford
    I'll bet you can afford a pencil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnLV3nd2rOM

if I have to choose 3 out of many

1. bow and arrow

2, straight sword/broad sword.

3. staff/spear

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    , how do you store yours?
    I have my weapons all over my apartment lol. you can always reach one no matter where you are. i like it like that...sure anyone could grab one but ill gamble the intruder has his own or wont be as good as me with my weapons.. all my training weapons such as wooden and wushu steel are in my living room which is actually just my own gym, no couches or chairs. you must be at least 16 to be in my home unsupervised, or be accompanied by an adult at all times lol. not kid friendly home...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Back OT

I store my weapons in oil or wax. I don't have a lot of chrome-plated weapons. I'm more of a traditional kind of guy, so most of my weapons aren't chromed. Can't really sharpen chrome right . I keep my weapons oiled with Hanwei sword oil - it's not too gummy over time and it's fragrant. I just don't like the spray applicators, which always seem to break.

For my antiques, I use Curator's Choice, but I'm about to run out. I'm told they no longer make Curator's Choice. This is not to be confused with the metal polish that I see is available online - it was a protective wax that was designed especially for antique arms. I've got a little left, enough for a few more cleanings, but then I'll have to default to car wax.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i really like the hanwei polisher kit. its really affordable..when ever i run out of oil i just buy a whole new kit. you get a nifty box and some extra paper and a new podwer ball. all for like 20-25 bucks! plus ya i like the scent
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I'll bet you can afford a pencil!
    i think choy lee fut has a pencil form

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I don't carry anything on my person, except for a tactical pen, a set of keys, and a metal bookmark.In the summer I may have a fan...

Sifu Yee Chi-Wai said it best;
    "No need to carry a weapon. There are weapons all around-fire hydrant, corner of a building, car bumper.."
    . . .the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

@ tt & l

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I don't carry anything on my person, except for a tactical pen, a set of keys, and a metal bookmark.
    I carry a tactical pen too although I may stop carrying it. I've had it pulled from me on a few searches recently. It's a little obvious, and I'd surely get busted if I ever had to use it, especially considering what I do for a living. But I like the pen and it's a great conversation piece.

But back OT...+
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i really like the hanwei polisher kit. its really affordable..when ever i run out of oil i just buy a whole new kit. you get a nifty box and some extra paper and a new podwer ball. all for like 20-25 bucks! plus ya i like the scent
    I have a sword maintenance kit for Japan. It was gifted to me, as the Hanwei Sword Maintenance Kit is much less expensive, and is pretty much the same. I confess I never use it, and I even keep several Japanese swords although the only antique is a rather mediocre gunto that I used for iai. I was trained on the whole traditional Japanese sword cleaning ritual, but it was way to cumbersome as I have a lot of weapons to clean. So I forgot most of that. Now I clean my swords in the same spirit that I wax my car. Wax on, wax off.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Tactical socks and a talent for storing farts.

That's all I need.

One man CAN clear a 40,000 sq ft cold storage locker if he really needs to...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I just let my practice "weapons" lie on the floor. the ones that I do not use for a while, I tie them up in a rope and lie on the ground.

I recently bought wushu and tai chi sword with carrying cases from MAM, sponsor of this forum.

so I store them in the carrying cases.

--

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Do you own any hand hammered swords or blades? what is the kit for?
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube