Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How do you store your weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    I just let my practice "weapons" lie on the floor. the ones that I do not use for a while, I tie them up in a rope and lie on the ground.

I recently bought wushu and tai chi sword with carrying cases from MAM, sponsor of this forum.

so I store them in the carrying cases.

--

I USED to do the samething around 1997 too and even stuff them into a bookshelf (taken some separators out), but now, the collection is too massive for this.. over 200 weapons in total, that's just crazy huge.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Talking about sworsds maintenance kits, here is how I do it, just to share..

Usually, (for high carbon blades or stainless steel, no wushu blades here) I will sand blast the whole blade (disassemble the weapon first), with rought to super fine sandpaper, until a superior grint like 3000 or something. Then I will use some metal cleaner to clean it.. then use "Peek" (a paste) to buff and rub it to a mirror finish, the reoil the blade with some metal oil and let it stand for a day, then it is okay for normal use, everytime after use, just put it back dry.

For the wood, I sand it and polish it with orange oil, that's all.

Brass parts, use brasso to clean it completely and then re-buff it to make it nice and shiny.

Then reassemble them together and you get a new looking or BETTER than new looking piece with you.

I have done sharpening blades myself too, with honing stones or grinder (bench), and they both work well.

Chrome blades like the wushu blades are no good for this, if you sand it, you see the copper below and it will rust for sure. If you did, there is no fix unless you have a way to re-chrome it with some compressor kits, it's crazily hard to do yourself unless you got tons of money to buy that kit.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    Do you own any hand hammered swords or blades? what is the kit for?
    Yes i have a few japanese blades and a few chinese ones. and then i also have some custom knives and such.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Yes i have a few japanese blades and a few chinese ones. and then i also have some custom knives and such.
    Great stuff, did you do test cut with them at all?

I USED to do the samething around 1997 too and even stuff them into a bookshelf (taken some separators out), but now, the collection is too massive for this.. over 200 weapons in total, that's just crazy huge.
    I used to have suitcases for everything

books, clothes and "weapons"

after moving so many times, I had to throw away a lot things.

--

I wrapped cloth around sharps, to avoid accidents

some sharps come with sheaths or covering

--

it is a tedious job to take care of your practice "weapons".

I used to have suitcases for everything

books, clothes and "weapons"

after moving so many times, I had to throw away a lot things.

--

I wrapped cloth around sharps, to avoid accidents

some sharps come with sheaths or covering

--

it is a tedious job to take care of your practice "weapons".

haha~ that reminds me of my gun case... but I only store guns I seldom use in them, just to be free from dust and moist~

Great stuff, did you do test cut with them at all?
    thats the funnest part! lol i cant afford to buy matts all the time though so ive used various things.. you can take some heavy cardboard and spray it with water so you can roll it up add as much as you want to get it as thick as you want and then tie it with twine and let it dry some so its not too wet, or just do a few and let them dry out all the way if you want. but it feels better if its stilly kind of damp on the inside when you cut it... but thats just my own idea just to be able to cut more stuff and not spend monies cuz you can get cardboard for free lol
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

thats the funnest part! lol i cant afford to buy matts all the time though so ive used various things.. you can take some heavy cardboard and spray it with water so you can roll it up add as much as you want to get it as thick as you want and then tie it with twine and let it dry some so its not too wet, or just do a few and let them dry out all the way if you want. but it feels better if its stilly kind of damp on the inside when you cut it... but thats just my own idea just to be able to cut more stuff and not spend monies cuz you can get cardboard for free lol
    Never thought of wetting the cardboard! Great idea! Have you try the flesh and meat test? what brand of sharpen swords you use? Cold steel? those are crazy man, chop bricks!

ya i have cut into pork a before but only before a big bar b q lol.. i have 2 coldsteel knives and ya they are pretty nice. my swords are hanwei though. i really like them. i have a good friend that is a blacksmith who makes his own blades so i get some of his too. im too poor to have antiques though some day when i get rich...there is a local sword shop and you can get all antique fitting for katana from all different periods and region. he even has a full set of samurai armor dating back to 1500s and its for sale too...but its mostly all japanese because he does kendo and iaido

ya i have cut into pork a before but only before a big bar b q lol.. i have 2 coldsteel knives and ya they are pretty nice. my swords are hanwei though. i really like them. i have a good friend that is a blacksmith who makes his own blades so i get some of his too. im too poor to have antiques though some day when i get rich...there is a local sword shop and you can get all antique fitting for katana from all different periods and region. he even has a full set of samurai armor dating back to 1500s and its for sale too...but its mostly all japanese because he does kendo and iaido
    Nice~ Always cool to have a blacksmith friend who can do the job, that is very admirable... lucky you! Yeah, they can make anything cool themselves, anything you want, in any way and any sharpness, haha.. just like when you have a graphic designer at home, you are about to see any magic to be done anytime. It's just as cool as that!

CYMac,

Kungfu is not my main focus, it's just a hobby or side dish for me
    by CYMac

I appreciate you being a Taoist, and your attitude towards the use of martial force for self-defense. But if kungfu is a side dish for you, your large possession of weapons begs explanation.

P.S. Just last month, a local man hurted himself while cleaning a gun at his home. He has licenses for firing gun and possessing firearm. But police has found a huge number of firearms and ammunition at the premise (over 100 guns and 1,000 rounds). Some of them are real guns. Anyway, the total number found makes it illegal because it is over his license allows. The police is going to charge the man, who is named Gun King by the media. One curious question raised is the reason that the man has injured himself. It is very unusual for a person to clean a gun while it is loaded.

KC
    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLau View Post
    CYMac,

by CYMac

I appreciate you being a Taoist, and your attitude towards the use of martial force for self-defense. But if kungfu is a side dish for you, your large possession of weapons begs explanation.

P.S. Just last month, a local man hurted himself while cleaning a gun at his home. He has licenses for firing gun and possessing firearm. But police has found a huge number of firearms and ammunition at the premise (over 100 guns and 1,000 rounds). Some of them are real guns. Anyway, the total number found makes it illegal because it is over his license allows. The police is going to charge the man, who is named Gun King by the media. One curious question raised is the reason that the man has injured himself. It is very unusual for a person to clean a gun while it is loaded.

KC
    Hong Kong

There are not a limit to how many guns you can own in Canada by-law if your guns are not over 500fps which is then considered a firearm. If your gun is over 500fps, your license do require you to register your gun as well, therefore, there aren't a limit to it unless you did get your guns from black market.

Cleaning a gun while it is loaded? It already give a very funny point that the guy is NOT educated in guns at all, even air pistols, airguns, and other type of gun hobbiest know to empty the gun's chamber EVERYTIME after they are done shooting a session. That is just the foundation and basic. If the person you mention can do such a silly thing, his gun smithing is very lousy and he doesn't follow the correct way to clean a gun either.

If you have experienced in guns before, even the manuals they come with teach you the safety rules of shooting and cleaning the gun, who on earth will be so silly to clean a gun like that?

Plus, please read the firearm law of Canada for the details and everything will be clear for you, jokes will reveal and false information will be see through.

--

PS: I am not sure you are referring weapons to my guns or my kungfu weapons. Kungfu equippments are totally legal in Canada and doesn't have a limit of how many you can own by-law. If you are talking about guns, my collection is very small compare to many collectors I know, and if you aren't exposed to the world of guns and gun owners, I suggest you get into these social circles and you will open your eyes and mind up more to the real gun world with the real laws. Of course, all my possessions are legal and they are 100% legal to own in that amount as well. If you want, you can just go to other gun forums and look at other's collection, then you will know my collection is just one of the mid-range, not even close to the "Gun King" in the real world of guns. (not from your source) haha!
    Last edited by CYMac; 04-30-2011 at 05:36 AM.

ideally if you have an extra room and shelves

you may call it weapon storage room

or just rent a spot in the store away place

etc etc.

ideally if you have an extra room and shelves

you may call it weapon storage room

or just rent a spot in the store away place

etc etc.

Great reply, yes, but ideally only. Hahahaha! Most of us maybe not too ideal. I have a temple of 1800sq/ft but still not enough to store all my weapons, lions and all that stuff.. I have two lions and they already took up half a little room! haha!~

M4, iron sights right now, but due to an upcoming mission, they'll be giving me CCOs... you know, like everyone else in the friggin' Army has anyway.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"