Thread: I would just like to say...

I would just like to say...

...that I will no longer make fun of Yoga.

My wife and I started Yoga 2 nights ago and i'm still sore. Easily one of the most physically demanding things i've done.

That is all.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Hope you enjoy the benefits soon - demanding but rewarding. I did not stick with it, but gained healthy respect for the power of it.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

It gets better.

seriously.

"sore" will become a memory.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I guess its all relative. I have been doing it since I was 12, I'll be 52 in three weeks, so it has never really seemed all the difficult for me!

The soreness doesn't bother me that much, honestly. I'm used to it from all the lifting and such i've done over the years.

I'm just amazed at how much endurance it takes to do most of the things. I'm not even gonna get into the flexibility aspect. Let's just say i'm not flexible.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    ...that I will no longer make fun of Yoga.

My wife and I started Yoga 2 nights ago and i'm still sore. Easily one of the most physically demanding things i've done.

That is all.
    what style? IMPE, Iyengar is one of the most comprehensive, detail-oriented approaches...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    The soreness doesn't bother me that much, honestly. I'm used to it from all the lifting and such i've done over the years.

I'm just amazed at how much endurance it takes to do most of the things. I'm not even gonna get into the flexibility aspect. Let's just say I'm not flexible.
    The benefits to the developing of your core strength will be where you really really notice it. Long before you will be at full range of motion stretching. The stretch flexible stuff comes from a lot of the seated postures, but the core strength stuff is found in moving asanas and balance asanas.

Also, I agree with TGY's assessment of what is good to look for in yoga instruction on this continent. There is lots from new age utter crap, to hardcore I can't do that!!!, but BKI stuff is really comprehensive.
    Kung Fu is good for you.