Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossfit

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    That is one creepy/skeezy sumbich.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

So much wrong...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You know he hit it too.

Lol I find their loyalty to the paleo diet pretty comical considering that both the guy and girl that have dominated their crossfit games don't use it. Froning drinks whole milk and eats peanut butter. The chick eats rice. All of that is a big no-no to their paleo mindset.

I'm trying it out today because of a recommendation by a good friend of mine that moved to NJ and opened his own gym. He told me the gyms to avoid and thr ones that actually have skilled people.

No contracts at te gym so if it sucks I can leave at least. And if thy expect me to stop eating carbs and dairy they are high
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Lol I find their loyalty to the paleo diet pretty comical considering that both the guy and girl that have dominated their crossfit games don't use it. Froning drinks whole milk and eats peanut butter. The chick eats rice. All of that is a big no-no to their paleo mindset.
    They don't actually train crossfit either.

All of the top crossfit "competitors" training programs heavily utilize principles that are anathema to established crossfit doctrine. The drugs don't hurt either.

Yeah I remember reading somewhere that he trains like 5 or 6 hours a day. Sounds all natural lol
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

well at the very least you get a coach to tell you what to do next.

That is actually a good thing for many people. The self motivated hard workers are few compared to the greater number of people who need to be motivated and directed through workouts in order for them to receive and effective workout.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't post often at all but what you said really hit something with what people say to me.

In traditional kung fu group setting you are expected to work on your own and keep practicing until the "sihing/jie" or Sifu helps you.

But more often than not nowadays people need someone to follow all the way through and have someone tell them what to do at every step.

They can't work on their own or deem it not time efficient.

All well.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

That is actually a good thing for many people. The self motivated hard workers are few compared to the greater number of people who need to be motivated and directed through workouts in order for them to receive and effective workout.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

For good or bad, the crossfit workouts tend to create a more competitive environment. You've got a clock running and other people doing the workout at the same time.

With that said, I think I'm a long way off from even considering most of that. Still a lot I don't know. Trainer had me do a 10 minute AMRAP workout te other day that was hard enough by myself. And it was a super scaled down version of theirs.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    for all i said before...I personally enjoy the workouts. maybe there are things wrong with the process and sometimes there are probably way more reps than needed.

some of my fav's were the '30 reps as fast as you can' like 'Grace' or 'Isabell' ...i am noticing that they seem to be not referring to them as 'clean and jerk' (Grace) or 'snatch' (Isabell) as much. which is good since they are rarely performed with full squat catch or full split snatch cuz you can't get stupid low speeds they seem to strive for.

and, the competetiveness and comradery of the group class is personally motivating. until you get a coach with his panties in a wad cuz you beat his gym record

have at it man, have fun, don't drink the kool aid and watch out for overuse types of injuries.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    have at it man, have fun, don't drink the kool aid and watch out for overuse types of injuries.
    Oso just kipping pushup'd the correct in a fully Paleo fashion, brah.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Oso just kipping pushup'd the correct in a fully Paleo fashion, brah.
    No rep.

His shirt was still on and no one filmed it with a generic 90's rap-metal soundtrack.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

One thing I have noticed is that all crossfit people ever talk about about is the food they can't eat. If you've never seen grown ass men obsess about food like 12 year old girls with nascent eating disorders, James, you're in for a treat.

"Oh mah gawd, I ate two bites of ice cream last night and there was some cake I really wanted. . ."
    just saw this

yea, my biggest peeve with the group i was with was how they'd preach the paleo gospel but then would go out and get drunk as hell and eat tons of crap...then claim it was a 'cheat day'...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

congrats on new job and finding a gym, i am happy for you. i wouldnt do any of the cf program though, just use their equipment.

i hope you have enough common sense not to do those olymic lifts for reps.

unless you are elite level athlete squatting 400 pounds+ you dont need "muscle confusion"
    Last edited by bawang; 02-17-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I did "Fran" today. Holy crap.

Also, those kipping pullups are way harder than they look