Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial arts apps

Martial arts apps

Not a fighting app, an app for iPhone or iPod.

Apple News | Sun Moon Foot Tai Chi HR Released
    Monday, 21st December 2009, 06:12 am

Happy, Healthy, New Year. D1Bru has announced Sun Moon Foot Tai Chi HR, the Healing Round, an update to their very popular mind-body exercise application for iPhone and iPod touch devices. Dynamic mind-body exercises improve wellness at all ages. Make a New Year's resolution to take a personal interest in sustainable healthcare reform.

Tai Chi effectively develops the balance and motor mechanisms in the body, however it is different from most mind-body exercises (like yoga) because it adds bodies in motion. Watching demonstrations of this art form are instructive but, often biomechanical requirements are difficult to discern. Even in slow motion, it can be challenging to identify key transitions in movement.

SMF Tai Chi HR helps solve the problem by pinpointing the orientational relationship between key body parts in a format that is easy to follow. Users will immediately understand balance by watching how to position and strengthen key anatomical elements. Designed specifically to take advantage of the iPhone's unique capabilities and touch interface, Sun Moon Foot Tai Chi reveals how to maximize the body's stability while in motion and presents a unique visual perspective that makes practice more productive.

Stability, power, speed and finesse are attained by controlling the momentum generated by the body's center of gravity as it moves through space. And like many sports, Tai Chi uses the core muscles to power and direct the limbs. Sun Moon Foot Tai Chi's animations illustrate this technique of propulsion by showing how the movement of the hips affect the weighting of the legs and positioning of the feet.

Each movement is broken-down into sequential segments with the waypoints of stability clearly identified. The 3D figures emphasize the anatomical alignment of the skeleton for each waypoint. The 2D aerial view highlights the flow of momentum and force from the body's center to the feet. Sun Moon Foot provides both a static and dynamic choreology of Tai Chi to help develop a new pattern for movement that is both agile and robust.

Feature Highlights:
    * Comfortable and simple User Interface
    * 76 animated transitions
    * 17 positions
    * 146 movement of the hips and feet

"I started using Tai Chi about 15 years ago to rebuild and nourish my body. I grew up in the shadow of Mt Hood running and playing in the Cascades," said Don Brubaker, founder of Florida based D1Bru. "I have always loved to race but it started taking a toll on my body during my senior seasons in college. Since settling in Florida, I found my racing fix in Triathlons. It is a thrill to exit the ocean in one piece. I believe Tai Chi improves my mental racing skills and helps me recover from the physical punishment of competition. Over the past several years my time racing has been decreasing and my involvement teaching Tai Chi increasing. Both activities allow me to clear my mind and have fun with good people."

"I am a software architect by trade. Back in 2002 I tried putting together a Tai Chi piece on an early smartphone, but no go. There just was not enough juice in the device." Don continues. "Time marched on and my 2002 sketchbook collected dust on the shelf. Shortly after starting D1Bru Vision Brewery, the iPhone opened up to developers. I decided to change my firm's course and enter the iPhone market. I wanted to add an in-house product, so I pulled down the 2002 sketchbook; this time it worked."

SMF Tai Chi's choreology illustrates proper control of the body's center of gravity. Sun Moon Foot derives its exercises from the Yang Short Form adapted by Grandmaster Cheng Man-ch'ing in the middle third of the last century. Perceive and move well to be in good stead for any situation.

Pricing and Availability:
    SMF Tai Chi HR 1.0.1477 is $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Healthcare & Fitness category. Review copies are available upon request.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Here's another

This is way up high on my 'why didn't I think of that?' list.
    Travel as A Kung Fu Fan
    Travel as A Kung Fu Fan iPhone
    Travel as A Kung Fu Fan iPod touch

About Travel as A Kung Fu Fan
    Big fans of Chinese kungfu now have their own travel maps, which locates the birthplaces of some of the major Chinese martial art types.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

what you guys need is an app that feeds the articles and gives access to the store at a level that can be used.

send a code head to figure it out! lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Free today!

Here's another. There must be an MMA app somewhere. Anyone?
    Shaolin Training
    By Fernando Ribeiro
    View More By This Developer

Open iTunes to buy and download apps.

Free for 2 days! June 22 and june 23!!!

Shaolin Training is an 3d Action game based in physics simulation and intense dynamic.

* Free
    * Category: Games
    * Released: Jun 12, 2010
    * Version: 1.0
    * 20.2 MB
    * Language: English
    * Seller: Fernando Ribeiro
    * © 2010 3d6

Rated 9+ for the following:

* Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
    * Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later.
    Customer Ratings
    Current Version:

78 Ratings
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

There are BJJ apps.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    There are BJJ apps.
    Yea, but I hear they choke your bandwidth....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Yea, but I hear they choke your bandwidth....
    ba doomp doomp chisshhhhhhh...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Not particularly exciting, but posted for archive posterity...

It's a slow newsfeed day...
    iTaekwondo, Kakari Keiko
    App Wrap: NCAA March Madness, Martial Arts Apps

If you're more of a do-it-yourselfer rather than a sit on the coucher, and your doing involves some form of martial arts, chances are your mobile device can help with your studying and your practicing Most martial arts require students to learn patterns in order to earn their next belt. So for students themselves or for parents who'd like to maybe lend a hand helping their kids practice at home there are dozens and dozens of apps for all disciplines like iTaekwondo for $2.99 for iPhones which show you step by step videos of the patterns and the self defense moves. You'll also find the foreign vocabulary words, often required knowledge at tests as well. And for martial arts like Kendo, where students learn how to wield a sword, or more likely a large bamboo stick for practice, apps like the 99 cent Kakari Keiko for iPhones and Androids allows you to practice by using your phone as that stick. You see the target and perform the proper swing in order to hit it. The advice when looking for an app that fits your particular discipline, make sure to know the style your school teaches. For example, in Taekwondo there's World Taekwondo and International Taekwondo, the patterns and requirements differ for each.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

yes, it would be a good idea

to create apps for CMA

trainings

drills,

forms

apps

---

or free pod cast for theory.

need to get software to do these thou

Good Kung Fu apps!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv9RUqiSqKw

Good iphone apps - ****roachman's Kung Fu 101
    Very accurate information and clear instruction of Buk Sing Choy Li Fut Style~

Let's have a look~

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZOrNlJHXBM

da ba ji on iphone.

posted by taiwan nature science museum.

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinng11 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv9RUqiSqKw

Good iphone apps - ****roachman's Kung Fu 101
    Very accurate information and clear instruction of Buk Sing Choy Li Fut Style~

Let's have a look~
    dude, 1 time in one forum is enough.

also it should be in the media forum.

also, if you deved the app, say so.

spam is scummy.

thanks
    Kung Fu is good for you.