Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Martial arts apps

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I didn't notice that. Too subtle.

That being said, we can't have too many links to MP now, can we? I don't want to argue about this.
    it's true - you might get fired and then have to go out for a job interview!

Look, I came here for an argument...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    hey screw you buddy!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You can't fire slaves

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    it's true - you might get fired and then have to go out for a job interview!
    If it came down to that, I'd walk.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

back OT

just got this spam/press release

iChainPunch - New Kung Fu App now available for iPhone!
    You can measure and count your speed when doing chain punches. It is particular interesting for people who train Wing Tsun/Wing Chun/Wing Tzun regularly. It will lift your spirits for doing more punches and you can track your improvements by saving results.

Some say that Bruce Lee could do 13 punches per second! Now it is up to you to challenge this legend.

Three different modes for your training are available:

Punch versus time
    Punch total count
    Fastest three punches

You can read more on www.ichainpunch.com or download the App in the App Store for USD 0,99 / EUR 0,79 only.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    No you didn't.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Clearly, since I was kind enough to provide the beginning of one, and was ignored. So my arguments arent good enough for you DJ? F U DUDE
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Last edited by KC Elbows; 04-29-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Clearly, since I was kind enough to provide the beginning of one, and was ignored. So my arguments arent good enough for you DJ? F U DUDE
    That's not an argument! You're just hurling insults.
    I can tell.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I get to toss us in here now!

Actually, this is more than just a mobile reading application. It's our whole print mag, digitized, with hyperlinks.

Kung Fu Tai Chi is now available through Zinio Digital Magazines.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shaolin Jump

Shaolin Jump sounds like a snowmobile move...
    Shaolin Jump Free For iPad
    iPad Only
    Category: Action, Arcade

Developer's Notes

Prepare to enter the ancient world of Shaolin! You have been chosen for the ultimate test in strength, speed, agility and endurance. Succeed and you will become the ultimate Shaolin Monk.

Play as a young Monk as he battles against the force of nature in this Free Version, which includes the staggering Water level where players must guide their character swiftly through the visually stunning world to rise past dangers and unlock the hidden secrets of the Shaolin. Acquiring powers along the way will help defeat enemies that may stand in your path, from giant chameleons to creeping spiders to frenzied birds. Players can compare their scores with friends on the Game Centre, where only the strong, smart and swift top the leaderboard. Players looking for expanded play can check out the Full Version, which includes four elemental levels (Water, Wind, Fire & Earth), in addition to more than 6 acquirable Super Shaolin Powers from the mysterious Dragon Scrolls, such as Phoenix Wings and Nirvana.

FULL VERSION FEATURES:
    Visually stunning and Rich in content game.
    Urgency driven gameplay in 4 staggering zones:
    oWIND
    oWATER
    oFIRE
    oEARTH
    Engaging casual gameplay, with one touch control.
    Over 6 acquirable primary powers such as the Running Shoes, Arcane Wave, Shaolin Shield and more.
    Over 6 Shaolin Super Powers such as the Guardian, Phoenix Wings, Nirvana and more, unlock as the mysterious Dragon scrolls are achieved.
    New & Intuitive, dynamic level design system giving you fresh gameplay experience in every single play session.
    Enjoy original Shaolin music scores.
    Face, evade and eliminate eerie enemies and obstacles such as the Giant Chameleons, Creeping Spiders, Hungry Alligator, Frenzied Birds, Bombarding Projectiles and many more!
    Competitive High score system to challenge and exceed oneself!
    Top the Leaderboard by beating your friends and other players score on Game Centre.
    Completely engaging and highly addictive gameplay with an endless re-play value.
    Intense, action packed, fun filled game that pushes one’s focus, precision and reflexes to the limits.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

graphic user interface or GUI with multitouch screen is here and now.

android run device including 7 inch and up tablets

5 inch mp-3 player

4.75 inch screen smartphones.

today, verizon wireless released android 4 or ice cream sandwich

android always named after desserts alpha bet ically.

c

d donut

e eclair

f frozen yogurt or froyo

g no release

h honeycomb

i ice cream sandwich

---

android took up 47% of smart phones markets

iOS devices ipad and ipod are most wanted items on the planet

ipad 4s, ipad mini coming in a few months

--

applications based on books and more

we may no longer ignore the app publication for CMA.

--

November we saw record number of apps downloaded due to iPhone 4S.

--

Semper Fu

Marine Corps Martial Arts Program for your android.
    ‘Semper Fu’ app teaches Marines martial arts
    By Gina Harkins - Staff writer
    Posted : Tuesday Apr 10, 2012 9:31:55 EDT

Are you wondering how to properly counter a round kick? There’s an app for that. An Android smartphone application released March 18 allows users to access detailed and illustrative instructions from the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. It includes lessons in how to gouge an enemy’s eyes, defend yourself in a knife fight or make an enemy lose consciousness in a blood choke.

And as of March 27, the app was being downloaded up to 1,800 times per day.

The app description calls it “Semper Fu” and states it’s great for fighting Taliban, al-Qaida, terrorists, Nazi fascists, communists, oppressive regime governments, dictators and participants in “The Hunger Games.”

How to get it

The app is free, but for now it’s only available on Android operating systems. It can be downloaded through Google Play or AppBrain.

Rob Zel is the 22-year-old lead app developer and founder of AppOpus in Sacramento, Calif. He finds documents online that are public domain and makes them into apps. When he came across Marine Corps Reference Publication 3-02B, he decided the MCMAP manual would be the perfect app.

“I was actually shocked when I found this content,” he said. “People don’t typically think of the Marines having a martial arts program. In most movies … it’s all guns and shooting. You don’t think there’s Bruce Lee-type stuff.”

The app uses the current MCMAP manual, which was last updated in November. The latest edition removed training techniques the Corps deemed too dangerous, such as “body hardening,” or repeated impacts to the body to increase pain tolerance, as well as the use of “live” blades during training.

First Lt. Scott Villiard, a spokesman for the Corps’ Martial Arts Center of Excellence in Quantico, Va., said that as of March 30, Marine officials were unable to comment on the app.

But former Sgt. George Lockhart, who was an instructor trainer at the MACE until last year, said the idea to turn the guide into an app is awesome.

“The more you get the word out about the program, the better,” Lockhart said. “I don’t see the downside. If you’re learning and seeing the technique, this could be a great refresher.”

The app is easier to search than a PDF, Zel said. Marines could use a text-to-speech capability that allows them to listen to the guide, rather than read it.

Apps like this can be a good tool, but they can’t replace true instruction, said Lockhart, who is pursuing a career in mixed martial arts.

Marines must learn the basics through proper training before they can make real use of an app, he said.

“When I get ready for a fight, I look at video of the guy I’m going against,” Lockhart said. “But if I’ve never fought before, and I just watch a video and try and learn it from scratch — that would be stupid.”

Though it’s only Droid-compatible for now, Zel said he plans to expand it to the iPhone.

“The younger generations are calling phones an extension of their bodies,” he said. “I don’t think you can say that about a computer because you can’t carry it everywhere. Now you’ve got this guide in your pocket forever.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thumbs up

Just about everybody is making tablets nowadays.

enhanced eBook with photo, video, audio and interactive.

iBooks is leading the way.

1. Intel rolling out 7 inch studybook tablet under $200 for school. rugged or reinforced cover against accidental dropping from desk high.

2. Google rolling out nexus 7 inch tablet in july?

3. Toshiba rolling out excite 7, 10 and 13 inch tablets. Wow 13 inch.

4. Sony has clam shell foldible tablet P and nice tablet S.

---

CMA enhanced eBook or e-zine is here and now.

my bad, G is gingerbread.

J is jellybean.

and so forth.

Just got resolutionary new iPad to read iBook and book apps.

--

So with all that being said what is a good Kung Fu terminology app for the iPhone? And is there an app for KungFu Tai Chi mag?
    My leg being bionic is a reminder that arogance does not come without a price.

"Keep your skills quiet until it is absolutely necessary to reveal them. And when that time comes, be a divine defender of Buddha." -Gene Ching-... -and "slap them silly."