Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A rare style - taiwan kungfu, golden eagle doulbe knife?!

A rare style - taiwan kungfu, golden eagle doulbe knife?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KJ5bNyjYPg

Yes, this is a rare one, seldom practiced by HK or China people but Taiwanese. It's called the golden eagle style, and this is the double knife in the system, as compare to my wingchun baat jarm dao, this is very different in style. Cool contrast with the two~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t04AsvTKcKw

Again, this is just for sharing and those who wanted to see, fun forms.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Dang, I can only image what that would be like in a street corner or back alley of 1920's Chinatown.

envy your furniture

and roomy space

--

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    envy your furniture

and roomy space

--
    just guessing, but that looks like a condominium elevator lobby...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

everyone comes to my apartment evny my living room because i have no furniture at all, its only for training. yes i sit on the floor. i have some pillows for that purpose.

although when a lady comes over unfortunately the only comfortable place i can offer to her is my bed
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    just guessing, but that looks like a condominium elevator lobby...
    Yes it is.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    everyone comes to my apartment evny my living room because i have no furniture at all, its only for training. yes i sit on the floor. i have some pillows for that purpose.

although when a lady comes over unfortunately the only comfortable place i can offer to her is my bed

My place is all packed with stuff, but I can do all my 80+ weapon forms here, long and short, doesn't matter, as long as there is the weapon, I can do them even in a 10ft space~ hehe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Hpiyzh4g4

Not to forget, this form is good to put into comparison to the two above as well

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    you seem to have a bunch of forms. Nothing wrong with that if your a collector. Do you ever spar or do any contact fighting?
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    you seem to have a bunch of forms. Nothing wrong with that if your a collector. Do you ever spar or do any contact fighting?
    BBBWWAAHHHHHHH !!!!!! LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!!
    Oh...you were serious...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

haha you seem to have more knowledge of this guy than me. I've read some of his "celetial master" stuff but didn't get to read through some of his other stuff, I thought for a moment I had missed a clip of him doing some actual contact.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Yes I did do sparrying and actual contact combat but that is not my main focus in kungfu, my main reason for doing kungfu now is for health and joy only, nothing else. If you want to fight, you found the wrong guy~

Yes I did do sparrying and actual contact combat but that is not my main focus in kungfu, my main reason for doing kungfu now is for health and joy only, nothing else. If you want to fight, you found the wrong guy~
    my question would be then...

if you have all these forms and collect them and then teach them for a price, how can you know that your not teaching "sh!t" if you never try them in pressure like environments? (sparring or hard contact)

because if you are teaching them and never try to associate them into contact and then sell them off to students for a price you are ripping people off IMO.

Yeah, actual fighting hurts and makes you sweat, that sucks.
    Forms are safe, and most people can't tell how bad you suck at them, but seeing you get your ass kicked or kicking your ass, that's hard to hide.
    LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Well, there are different types of audience for kungfu you know? If you try to say all that stuff you said above to people who just like to do taichi for health, or they just do taichi to make friends in the park, or even they just want something to move around their body to get better health and not go stiff up in their 50s, they will tell you to get the hell out of their sights, you gangster boy!

Kungfu is not only about fighting, you are being too shallow on this subject my friend. Fighting is already my history, if you have gone pass that stage, you will find more joy and fun in another level as well.

When i was young, I used to challenge people like you guys, "hey, wanna fight me?! you black guy!" Then we get into a fight and kiss each other's asses on teh ground and stuff like that. But after so many experience and different stages in life, you grow up and you think differently. Not everybody like to fight you know? I have taught so many people that don't like fighting but they just want to do a few good forms they like for fun. So what? They are also doing kungfu as well. Why not? Don't make fun of this part of the market as well.

can my kungfu fight? do I have to proof that to you? I don't think so. I know it better than anyone else because I have fought myself in the past and I know where I am at, thanks for being so concerned though.