Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A rare style - taiwan kungfu, golden eagle doulbe knife?!

you black guy!" Then we get into a fight and kiss each other's asses on teh ground and stuff like that
    LMAO
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

If people who teach a form without teaching the combat part means it is "sh!T" then that's a big problem. There are many masters who teach in the park to elders for health and making friends. There are also people who charge $50-$60 a month for teaching taichi for health. If you think those are sh~T, your world of kungfu is just limited to fighting then. Too bad, but that's not what kungfu is only about. Kungfu is also about fun, joy and pleasure. If you don't feel doing a form is enjoyable, maybe it's only you have not find a right master to teach you the art, it's really fun and enjoyable to me and my students and so it's not shi~T for us.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    my question would be then...

if you have all these forms and collect them and then teach them for a price, how can you know that your not teaching "sh!t" if you never try them in pressure like environments? (sparring or hard contact)

because if you are teaching them and never try to associate them into contact and then sell them off to students for a price you are ripping people off IMO.
    people who buy forms, are buying forms.
    no one can purchase fighting ability.

It is clear cut and dried what must be done to become a good fighter.
    That is to say, you must fight! lol Otherwise, you are a trainer, training yourself to train! In which case xzibit loves kung fu in that context.

No one looking to learn strictly forms is wanting to learn to fight and if they were, they already know how and are looking for something new, unusual or unorthodox that may work that they can add to their bucket of blood.

s'true.

there is no guarantee that any training you are given will work for you.
    Just ask Brock Lesnar. When he lost that fight, did it mean his training was flawed?

Your argument here is potato.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yeah, there are many people who watched too much movies, or even UFC and all that nowadays and only know fighting is the way to go. If you think that way, then go for the ring then, kungfu is not ONLY about fighting. Don't forget there are many mom and dad in the world who do kungfu or taichi just for fun and they don't care about the sh~T about fighting. Some dad even learn kungfu but don't fight with them, if in life they gotta fight, they pull out a sig226 in their pants and go boom boom, you are dead. That's it. I got a student who is like that too, he own a shotgun, some pistols, so... what does fighting mean now? is your fist lethal as a bullet? don't be silly.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

you gangster boy!
    ORIGINAL GANGSTA

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

hey, Kip Dynamite is practically a god around here.
    You know he's starting his cage fighting career soon and you're just jealous.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Yeah, actual fighting hurts and makes you sweat, that sucks.
    Forms are safe, and most people can't tell how bad you suck at them, but seeing you get your ass kicked or kicking your ass, that's hard to hide.
    LOL !
    sig worthy
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Am I really the only one that noticed where he said he takes a "black guy" to the ground and kisses his ass?
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Kungfu is not only about fighting, you are being too shallow on this subject my friend. Fighting is already my history, if you have gone pass that stage, you will find more joy and fun in another level as well

I keep hearing that KF is not ONLY about fighting and guess what, you are right, BUT is is MOSTLY about fighting (hence the fact that fighting techniques are 99% of kung fu) and if you are not fighting you are NOT doing kung fu in the complete sense.
    How old are you kid?
    Fighting is history for you?
    since when??
    When I retired from active competition/fighting I was over 30 and had over 20 years of MA under my belts and the vast majority of those years actually fighting.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I do not really do forms per se

I like to drill a few moves combo in the order of counter and counter counter

I may do left posture, right posture over and over in a line or in a circle.

--

the problems with long forms, if you do not do them for a while, you may not remember the sequence, especially when you are doing more and more sets of forms.

but hey

to each his or her own

I guess--

theory and practice

learn to do a few moves well

or learn to do many and many forms not so well

--

etc etc

I keep hearing that KF is not ONLY about fighting and guess what, you are right, BUT is is MOSTLY about fighting (hence the fact that fighting techniques are 99% of kung fu) and if you are not fighting you are NOT doing kung fu in the complete sense.
    How old are you kid?
    since when??
    When I retired from active competition/fighting I was over 30 and had over 20 years of MA under my belts and the vast majority of those years actually fighting.
    Yes fighting is a history for me and I am 27. I did start kungfu since I am 8yrs old and go all the way to now. I did fight before but now interested in it anymore now. If that's your interest, it's fine, don't have for FORCE me to go your way though as I have not force you to go my way. right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    ..so, you .jpg[/IMG]
    Hey kid, I started my kungfu since 8, and i am now 27, all the forms are not from youtube but they are from exchange and also books and video and some from masters who taught me before. So they come in all ways.

Get a life or even a job, you might find life less tense than now and your temper will be abit better.

How old are you kid?
    since when??
    By the way, my students are all older than me, the youngest is 35, still older than you, so what? age doesn't matter for a fighter. you can be 80 and lose to a 20 years old guy you know?

You are only 30 now? No wonder. When I first know my senior student who is 35 now, he is about 28, same as you, hot tempered and very hot headed for fighting, after fixing him up in a few years, *including kissing asses on the ground* he changed.

So you might agree with me one day, until the day you know why.

Dude, seriously, why the fuck do you keep talking about kissing asses?