Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suddenly realized the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    What have you got against the Flamberge!
    I'm lactose intolerant.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Actually, a good chunk of my students have previously fought mma under their other teachers, I just try to give them an idea of how our style does clinch and striking. I intend to bring in a local bjj black belt to train us all in basics, and there's a friend with solid judo skills who is always open to helping, so rounds of ground work will soon be standard, with the caveat that I do not teach it, but want us all exposed to it.

As for sanshou, that's tougher, as I know of no one locally with substantial experience. I simply try to do my research, limit my sources to the good ones, and teach what I know for usage.

Of course, these are only for those students who aren't inner door. The inner door students all know to use the bil jee form as adapted for the ground, and can paralyze anyone coming in for a double leg with a sharp elbow to the spine.

Thanks!
    Smartar%e almost fell for that one

Bringing in experts will only help your guys and i love the fact you are confident and secure enough to do that

spear stabbing

remember always practice pulling back as well as pushing forward

why

b/c if you stab into a real life body

it is very important to pull back your spear ASAP

sometimes or almost all the time, it is easy to stab into things but harder to pull it out

---

try stab into a bundle of dry hay or straws

a bag of flour

a bag of sand

etc

etc

my point is that, there are always some distance from practicing to actual apps or usages

--