Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wingchun Attachmate Dummy on Punching Bag

Wingchun Attachmate Dummy on Punching Bag

This baby is cool, made nicely and now the wooden dummy got to a whole new level of challenge, because it MOVE!!!! with this, you will learn that you cannot hit the dummy too hard or else it will SPIN!

Great for practicing "silence dummy", which is to do the whole dummy form in the right place but NOT touching the dummy too much!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

more photos and even my pal domokun is on the dummy first time! yeah~

oh by the way, you might realized that this is placed in my bedroom, yeah, that's what I am talking about with the space in the condo.. sucks.. but that's all I can do with this 100lb punching bag~!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

forgot to put a note... this attachmate is not easy to setup buy one person, you need two pair of hands to make it easy, one to hold the thing in place and the other guy have to fasten the velcro strip that holds the attachmate onteh sandbag. The velcro is quite long, you can hang it on even larger bags as well. Really cool stuff, you can use this on even the wavemater bags as well

That's a nice idea. If they came with level arms I'd recommend it to my students.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    That's a nice idea. If they came with level arms I'd recommend it to my students.
    http://www.kungfu4less.com/att01.html

I got mine here.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I agree with Phil. It seems that it was designed by someone who didn't have WCK experience, but simply has seen a dummy. The arm placement is wrong.
    Again, we go back to that conversation about the offset arms, with people not understanding that they were designed that way so that when placed PROPERLY, they are level.
    Perhaps if enough WCK people contact the company, they will change their design.
    I know I would definately buy one.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I agree with Phil. It seems that it was designed by someone who didn't have WCK experience, but simply has seen a dummy. The arm placement is wrong.
    Again, we go back to that conversation about the offset arms, with people not understanding that they were designed that way so that when placed PROPERLY, they are level.
    Perhaps if enough WCK people contact the company, they will change their design.
    I know I would definately buy one.
    Yes, and the arms are too far apart as well. Not like the wooden one I got in my temple before. (now the dummy is gone) The fun part is about the spinning around and things like that, not the dummy itself, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    The arm placement is wrong.
    And the arms need to be level because we want to keep our body uniformed and equal right? This is an old argument that gets everyone nowhere.

If you do not know why the arms are offset, then please don't promote the equal arms, especially if you're not a Wing Chun student either!

I agree that the gap looks far too wide, but it still looks like a fun training addition to your heavy bags
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 04-26-2011 at 08:28 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    And the arms need to be level because we want to keep our body uniformed and equal right? This is an old argument that gets everyone nowhere.

If you do not know why the arms are offset, then please don't promote the equal arms, especially if you're not a Wing Chun student either!

I agree that the gap looks far to wide, but it still looks like a fun training addition to your heavy bags
    equal arms or not, I don't care, it doesn't really matter unless you are going to fight dummy for the whole life and not real people.. haha!

The attachmate is something good to get newbies started and it doesn't cost as much as a real wooden dummy. I got mine before for like $800 CAD with shipping and that's just crazy man, for one training tool? I don't think a newbie like to spend that much and he or she is not even sure about they like to continue the learning or not.. so this thing cost like $100 and it's affordable.. plus they can put that on the punching bag which if they don't train wingchun, they can train other things with the punching bag as well.

so.. overall, I am okay with this new training tool, for wingchun dummy, it's okay too because the gap is big, but it's understandable because the thing really swing around and it's going to be super hard to do a form on it too, takes practice. I will shoot a video doing a dummy form with it and let people see in the future, it's going to be interesting~

Its great to hear someone so eager

I've still to check out your other cips first! Can't keep up with you at the moment
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post

I agree that the gap looks far too wide, but it still looks like a fun training addition to your heavy bags
    actually, I used to train in WCK, although I am by no means an expert like yourself..
    And..as far as the "offset design" go look up the other thread on this-especially when they speak of Koo Sang's original designs.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1NgXYoypt0

me doing the wingchun dummy form slowly~~ with the new baby, it's tough!

Wingchun dummy on heavy bag video (first try)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1NgXYoypt0

The dummy is not dumb, it moves! Not easy, quite challenging for force control and you got to hit straight to not let the bag swing left or right, cool toy~

Hit harder!

lose the wing chun junk on that perfectly good heavy bag.

jab/cross/hook/piston the crap out of that thing, both sides, in and out 2 or 3 minutes at a time non stop.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Hit harder!

lose the wing chun junk on that perfectly good heavy bag.

jab/cross/hook/piston the crap out of that thing, both sides, in and out 2 or 3 minutes at a time non stop.

I used to, but now I am gentle with it, which is even harder!

BTW, the bag is 100lb, half as me! haha!