Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: share - Tin Yat Dragon Fist Combat Application Explains (full)

share - Tin Yat Dragon Fist Combat Application Explains (full)

Tin Yat Dragon Fist

Today we have put together 6 video footage to explain the whole Tin Yat Dragon Fist form's combat applications and techniques. These videos are not meant for sale or anything, so they are done at my apartment unit in a small limited space only. Thanks for my student Tin Wor to contribute for being my partner to demonstrate the combat applications as well. Great job! Now, enjoy them all!

Video 1/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZ8WhLkKEA

Video 2/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLsxuAaY-Ac

Video 3/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zwDMw3ijhg

Video 4/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLDP6-t0PIQ

Video 5/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvhhV22isA

Video 6/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdyUpiuuwdw

Full Demonstration of the Tin Yat Dragon Fist Form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMD62lcUrb0
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

can you please make a series of clips that demonstrate the hidden applications of seven star praying mantis forms? i would truly appreciate it if you would.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas316 View Post
    can you please make a series of clips that demonstrate the hidden applications of seven star praying mantis forms? i would truly appreciate it if you would.
    I could but I don't know what you mean by "hidden applications". If my applications are not "hidden ones" then I am afraid I will disappoint you. I can only then say I can make a few clips on "7 stars praying mantis's application" later on then. Sorry if I got you wrong or something, I can just try my best!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

I'll bet that I know the defense that you and your friend in the video have against a box of a dozen donuts...

A storm is coming...

You sat on your glasses didn't you?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I have to each class, so I didn't have time to watch all the vids, only the first one.
    I suggest you buy some shelves. You have paint cans on the floor, guns piled against the wall, (I like the electronic drum set, btw) what are those, old socks on your kitchen table!!! C'mon, dude. Who is going to have respect for anyone claiming to be a Master, when they don't have mastery over the simplest things in life?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I have to each class, so I didn't have time to watch all the vids, only the first one.
    I suggest you buy some shelves. You have paint cans on the floor, guns piled against the wall, (I like the electronic drum set, btw) what are those, old socks on your kitchen table!!! C'mon, dude. Who is going to have respect for anyone claiming to be a Master, when they don't have mastery over the simplest things in life?
    Our unit is being rennovated right now and so we are having so much things all over the place, sorry if that bothers you but what I present now is only a rough demonstration of the combat applications for the Tin Yat Dragon Fist Form. It's not for sale or anything and we just video record it so our students can have reference video as well.

Again, sorry for the messiness but we will clean it up after the paint job and everything is done.

By the way, thank you for watching too!

Needs moar cat.
    Last edited by wenshu; 05-02-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    what are those, old socks on your kitchen table!!! C'mon, dude. Who is going to have respect for anyone claiming to be a Master, when they don't have mastery over the simplest things in life?
    Fold da sock Daniel-san--then paint a da fence! No learn fold da sock, no learn nothing!

EO

I want to know where the GIANT came from?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    My guess would be a combination cloning experiment / donut binge gone horribly wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    My guess would be a combination cloning experiment / donut binge gone horribly wrong...
    Clearly it is Foil Fist's new and special, never before learned by anyone in this Universe or the Taoverse, Qigong!

Its even unknown to the Taoverse Deity!

But NOT unknown to ME cuz I am A REAL SCHIZNIT TAO MASTER!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    I don't like to comment on solo form performance, since you are talking about application, I just share my 2 cents.

The application at 0.53 is a bit too "conservative" to my teate. It's OK to remove the problem. It's better to reverse the problem and turn it into your advantage. To hold both hands as a big fist and use it as a wedge to strike straight up at your opponent's chin (between your opponent's arms) can break his grips much easily. You can then grab the back of his head and pull his head into your knee strike.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-02-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I don't like to comment on solo form performance, since you are talking about application, I just share my 2 cents.

The application at 0.53 is a bit too "conservative" to my teate. It's OK to remove the problem. It's better to reverse the problem and turn it into your advantage. To hold both hands as a big fist and use it as a wedge to strike straight up at your opponent's chin (between your opponent's arms) can break his grips much easily. You can then grab the back of his head and pull his head into your knee strike.
    Thank you for the great respond. I do appreciate serious and thoughtful discussions here!

I do agree it is conservative, but this is a "beginner" form that I teach and so it is better to be conservative because those who learn it will not have the power to strike with the movement you describe yet, unless they get more trainings. Therefore, I have put out the aggressiveness for this one. But yours make sense as well. To me, personally, I do it differently than this one as shown. I can actually use the two uplifting arms as an attack already and hit the opponent's arm and numb them with one strike, this will shock and also harm the opponent then follow up with a center step up and sink the wrist to apply a thundering palm to the chest area and it could be very lethal that way as well. Just IMO, what do you think?

Of coure, to apply my way, a beginner cannot do it because their strike of palm will turn to be a hard push only which is meaningless to apply. They better off just escape and run away!

cymac,

i meant techniques that are variations or not apparent. i would like to see striking combinations and offensive techniques. i would truly appreciate it if you would post these types of clips and also mention which forms the moves come from.