Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: share - Tin Yat Dragon Fist Combat Application Explains (full)

I do not fish for hands and I do not chase arms.
    I raise my shield, and thrust my lance.

Cutting an incoming jab is very low percentage, a hand pat (pak) works fast, a sideways cut works better when someone has a hand on you than on a thrown punch.

think of the short and to the target motion that a jab is.

To meet that, you must be even shorter and to the point.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas316 View Post
    cymac,

i meant techniques that are variations or not apparent. i would like to see striking combinations and offensive techniques. i would truly appreciate it if you would post these types of clips and also mention which forms the moves come from.
    Offensive techiques? Sure. Name a style I know, let me try my best~ let's choose from the list then..

baji style
    yang style taichi
    chan style taichi
    wu style taichi
    ng style taichi
    sun style taichi
    wudang style
    tin yat lineage
    7 star mantis
    hung gar
    yip man wingchun
    gwong zhau wingchun
    whatever...

name a style so I can pick something to video record for us to have fun then~ haha! "just for fun"
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I do not fish for hands and I do not chase arms.
    I raise my shield, and thrust my lance.

Cutting an incoming jab is very low percentage, a hand pat (pak) works fast, a sideways cut works better when someone has a hand on you than on a thrown punch.

think of the short and to the target motion that a jab is.

To meet that, you must be even shorter and to the point.
    Apparently we are talking about "Tin Yat Dragon Fist" here which is a very baby beginner form, and just explaining what is in the form. So if there aren't any sideway cut or soemthing in the form, then it's not in the form. Too bad~ haha!

Cutting an incoming jab is not that hard, the hardest part is because people don't know how to "see" the distance and know how to react.

BTW, it's also just about the "style" as well. Like you cannot compare the fighting style in wingchun and taichi much like that side to side. They are different but you do get effective techniques in both as well. Just that some can get used to this and some get used to that.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

i definitely choose 7 star praying mantis. please share lots of good information. i truly appreciate your efforts.

i definitely choose 7 star praying mantis. please share lots of good information. i truly appreciate your efforts.
    Okay then, 7 star praying mantis, let me try to see what can be done tonight or in this week. That's a promise I made for you there~

oh. and it's OFFENSIVE STYLE, right? haha! Sure, I will give you power!

Can I call you Thomas?

I dislike the "both hand on the shoulders" demonstration, because it is pointless. Even an untrained individual can easily do a LOT of damage to whatever idiot tries that. They have just occupied BOTH hands, and left their front and flanks COMPLETELY open. It's like showing a technique for when an enemy has his back to you and doesn't know you are there.

I also dislike any block that uses both hands. Not only did you just commit both arms to a technique that should require only one, or NO hands, but you just left yourself open for someone to trap your arms.

Show me full speed, no crap, "Imma gonna keel you!!!!" techniques. Oh, and work on your form a bit. My GM would destroy me for that. It looked off balance and uncoordinated.

OH. AND CLEAN YOUR FREAKING ROOM.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I dislike the "both hand on the shoulders" demonstration, because it is pointless. Even an untrained individual can easily do a LOT of damage to whatever idiot tries that. They have just occupied BOTH hands, and left their front and flanks COMPLETELY open. It's like showing a technique for when an enemy has his back to you and doesn't know you are there.

I also dislike any block that uses both hands. Not only did you just commit both arms to a technique that should require only one, or NO hands, but you just left yourself open for someone to trap your arms.

Show me full speed, no crap, "Imma gonna keel you!!!!" techniques. Oh, and work on your form a bit. My GM would destroy me for that. It looked off balance and uncoordinated.

OH. AND CLEAN YOUR FREAKING ROOM.
    I do welcome pleasent language talk, but to your vibe, I see none. Therefore, it's pointless to continue this discussion wth you. Unless you talk nice. Bye bye.

Btw, I have just accept Thomas's request with the 7-star mantis application vids, if you like them, don't forget to respond with a nicer tone! Thanks!

NOTE: This is an explaination video, not a fighting ring, full speed of what? You are too silly. Get to the UFC channel yourself then, you aren't watching something you want to watch, so just flip the channel yourself. Bye.

So, let me get this right... you publicly post vids, but then insult those who critique you? What, am I supposed to golf clap over something I found to be of poor quality?

Even Sifu Frank has the decency to clean his apartment when posting vids.

It's unprofessional and seems elementary and staged. Deal with it. You go served.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

cymac, what did you mean when you told me you were gonna give me power?

in your clips, please show offensive striking combinations and lots of elbow combinations. im aware there are lots of elbows in bazhou form.

cymac, what did you mean when you told me you were gonna give me power?

in your clips, please show offensive striking combinations and lots of elbow combinations. im aware there are lots of elbows in bazhou form.
    I will show you them in the 7-star praying mantis tonight. Don't worry. This "Dragon Fist form" I am explaining in the previous video are for baby beginners and so of course they won't be much aggressiveness or offensive attacks. But in tonight's video I will fulfil your request. Stay tune~

Give you power,... I was just joking around, giving you some power to see. haha!

I can give you power!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    So, let me get this right... you publicly post vids, but then insult those who critique you? What, am I supposed to golf clap over something I found to be of poor quality?

Even Sifu Frank has the decency to clean his apartment when posting vids.

It's unprofessional and seems elementary and staged. Deal with it. You go served.
    I never said these are professional video, they are done for a few private students of mine and also posted here to share only, like home video, who cares about that stage. You are looking at the kungfu here, not the place, right?

I did not critizied you, but you really did not talk politely, so learn that lesson and we can talk in a friendly way more. You have insulted me enough in the past, how hilarious of you to think that I am giving you spikes now? Have I insulted you before you do so to me? Don't think I forget your post down there. But anywy, I am not even concerning about that, what I am talking about now is only your respond given to this thread. Which is true, you started off without politeness. Then we cannot go on if you talk like that, I don't like to go on fire.

Also, keep in mind, this is not MMA or UFC channel, I am just doing a friendly vibe demo on the application fo the dragon fist form, whic is really a form I teach to beginners in kungfu, not anything advance. Don't expect any iron palm or whatever in the fist form, it's supposed to be conservative and easy going, just enough to get yourself to know the application and get a start on the subject. Which is already fun enough to learn for many people.

Stay tune for my video tonight that I will do for Thomas - the 7 star praying mantis, it may be something you like more then. Hope I won't disappoint you again.

Quote Originally Posted by lucas View Post
    i can give you power!
    thank you! I need it! Haha!

I has lots of power to go around. I can give the most to wimmin tho. they like my power
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i think shaolin golden monkey is more dedly

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC