Thread: Recommendations for Judo, BJJ, or JJ in Boston proper?

Recommendations for Judo, BJJ, or JJ in Boston proper?

I was just wondering if anyone out there knew of some decent Judo, BJJ, or Jiu-Jitsu schools in Boston or Cambridge, MA that is readily accesible by public transportation or walking?

go to mma.tv and ask this question on the Judo forum there. Or just go check out classes. I found my club in San Antonio through the yellow pages.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

I wish I saw this earlier. In case you didn't get any responses at mma.tv:

Combat Sport Grappling:

1) Sityodtong Muay Thai Academy (Somerville): This is where Kenny Florian trains MMA. They have grappling classes there. Great place to train. Only 5 minute walk off the orange line (Sullivan Sq stop if I remember correctly)

2) Tohuko Judo Club (Somerville): Olympian Jimmy Pedro trains here on occasion. It's a good judo club for sure. Accessable via public transport.

3) Bay Union Wrestling Club (Boston): Not sure if they still meet at the Y on Huntington Ave (right by the Prudential Center), but if they do, you can train folkstyle there.

4) Boston Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Watertown): Great sport grappling shop. Black Belt from Gracie Barra (receiverd in 1988) founded it. The bus goes by there, but it's off a busy street (Western Ave/Arsenal St), so it would be a huge pain to get to that way.

5) Newton Judo Club (Newton): Cheap prices here and decent grappling. A huge pain to get via public transport though.

That's where I've trained before. I think that's pretty much it for Boston and the immediate area, but I've been out of the city for a few years now, so something may have popped up.

For traditional JJ, there is a school called Renrikan. Don't know exactly where it is as I never went there. I just remember stumbling on it some how.

Thank you very much for the recommendations!