Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haitian Martial Arts

Danmayete
    Your take on African history seems seriously flawed. You mention references to historical and academical studies and finds, but fail to give proper cross references which we can actually investigate ourselves. Linking information on website in a post is simple, you simply copy and paste the URL from the top of your explorer bar, into the message body of the post. You know how to make posts here, so that should be a pretty easy thing to do.

I am very interesting to see the written scripts from Africa, and I am even more interested to see what language and writing method was used to record these documents. I am aware of some Arabic and Egyptian scripts which contains reference to African history and culture, and you are right these do come from the Ethiopian region. If those are truly from Ethiopia, it should be very influenced by middle eastern culture and views, as we all know how prominent the Islamic culture in that region really is. If you talk central and southern Africa (you make reference to Congo and Zimbabwe), you need to be more specific and point out specific findings and documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by danmyete
    Classifying Africans as inferior to other peoples, chiefly Europeans, is a good enough example. I'll site a specific example in the next entry. It has been, for example, most notible that the Apartheid Gvernment hid the African ruins of the "kingdom" of Masungubwe while asserting that Africans in the area arrived at the same time as "whites" there and that these Africans never developed a society of note in the region.
    Am I reading correctly, are you saying that the “ Apartheid government” hid the ruins of Mapungubwe (its spelled and pronounced with a P btw, not an S)? Can you point me to your references on this topic? The findings at Mapungubwe is also well documented, your claims however, is not. It is not sure exactly which cultural group the people from this “ kingdom” of Mapungubwe came from, and there are proof that the “ whites” and “ blacks” from that area pretty much arrived in the area circa the same era. Last time I checked, the people from Limpopo are Sotho, who are descendants from the Basotho people, indigenous to the Eastern Freestate Area –South from Mapungubwe. No one ever claimed that these African groups never developed a notable society in this region, we are merely asking for proof of written accounts of their history and traditions as preserved by them, during that time. Of that, I have not seen any concrete proof or evidence that suggest in their favor.

The use of documentation as a means of probaganda is a paradigm given much attention in the West.
    Agreed, but please prove your other claims with the necessary back ups.

Attributing all non-European achievement either to cultural diffusion from foreign sources deemed respectible to Western academia, or to, even more ridiculous, Extraterrestial sources, can all be found in Western literature. None other than Carl Sagan has had the audacity to attribute the Dogon "astronomical" knowledge of Sirius B to a non-existent white theologian who supposedly transmitted this most sacred knowledge, knowledge not given to European student Marcel Griaule (author of 'The Pale Fox') until the latter stages of his Bush training, to the Dogon.
    Please inform me what this “ Bush training” is you are referring to? You posts also seem very western to me, whats the difference?

I know Desch personally. His work is field tested, with photograghs to augment his research. He is a linguist with extensive knowledge of proto-languages, etc. He is a student of Yale African Studies Prof. Robert Farris Thomas and Dr. Fu Kiau Bunseki, a Congolese scholar with bush training into at least three African traditional lodges, the Lemba, Kimba and Khimpasi...
    Once again, you are reminded that there are many many different cultures that are practiced in Africa. Most of these different ethnic groups have very little time for each other, hence all the wars in Africa over the last few centuries. All internal conflict between native ethnic groups. I’m curious as to the location and cultural back ground of those “ lodges” you mention. Please state more reference to this topic if you can.

Perhaps if the West had no history of distorting 'history,' an environment of mistrust would not have developed. However, this is not the case.
    Agreed, but please state reference to proof that counter their claims. I’m a big conspiracy theory junky, even the slightest hint of proof will be suffice.

When I hear that Africans have had no scriptural tradition, and that we are largely an oral society (as in more than others), this clearly eminates from distortions which, at least initially, sprang from an agenda perculiar to the West.
    Once again you are reminded that you are in fact, American, and not African. Your African American forefathers probably had scriptural tradition We were discussion the point that Africa had no written recording of their culture and history, until proven otherwise, there is little reason to argue over this issue. The evidence should speak for itself. A large part of Africa was never colonized (or to lesser extend than others), so there are bound to be proof to back up your claims.
    As to the origins issue, relative to location, consider how the vast majority of "researchers" who initially viewed the ruins of the Great Zimbabwe claimed all manner of NON-INDIGENOUS origins for that ancient society.
    There were in fact clues that pointed towards foreign cultures, more dominantly Chinese and Indian origin. If you lived in Africa, you should have been aware of this. We get bombarded with factual snippets of these findings on a daily basis.
    Given that it existed in Africa, by your analogy, its African origins should not have been automatically questioned.
    I did not see anyone here who posted anything that suggest they think that way. I did, however, have an argument with YOU about my “ Africanness” in the other forums.

There is the assumption that the script that we are using right now is English, Western, European, when all accounts seem to point back to Phoenicia and, then, Khemit/Egypt. This has largely occurred because of literature making such, or inferring such claims.
    And this statement proves your ignorance. History is well recorded. Im sure you will find prove to indicate otherwise.

My take on this all … you seem to be the biggest racist around. Your insecurities about your ethnicity is blinding you. Your quest to find the origins of your roots, is admirable, but at the same time, you seem a little naďve about what you may have learned. Unless you can back up most of your claims with solid evidence, it will remain part of the greater ideology you seem to hang onto. You have serious issues with race, probably your way of hiding your insecurities.

You still have not answered me, even though I answered your questions about this … Have you ever been to Africa? If so, where and for how long? Apart from your seemingly academical reference on the topic matter, what makes you an authority of African culture? In your posts you write a lot, but say very little.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

African Warrior Performance/Martial Traditions

Great Zimbabwe

http://www.archaeology.org/9807/abstracts/africa.html
    http://www.safrica.info/ess_info/sa_...mapungubwe.htm

I'll respond later to your other comments. Thanks for the procedure for pasting to
    Last edited by danmyete; 03-02-2006 at 05:48 PM.

thank you. I will take some time to go through all these sites. will post my comments later
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

African MAs & Their Transmission To The Americas

african rice cultivation brought to the americas

MUTI: Haitian Art of Liberation

Experience Haitian MUTI, the ancient art of weapons fighting from the Kongo, West Africa.

Come learn this father of all martial arts.
    Presented by Maitres Lucien and Seville along with Professeur Elombe Myles publisher of IKHANDA Afrikan Fighting Arts Magazine.

Don’t miss the opportunity to experience this aspect of African culture and Black Diasporan History.
    Taught by 3 direct disciples of the ultimate Muti Master, Maitre “Metla (The Master)”Oreste, who has never lost a fight in over 3000 contests, former bodyguard and teacher of over 500 Masters.

TICKETS/INFO: Email NGANGABAKU@YAHOO.COM
    WHEN: January 13 and 14(Sat & Sun) 2007; 1:00 pm till 4:00pm
    WHERE: Morristown Neighborhood House, Morristown NJ
    http://www.neighborhood-house.org/
    PRICE: $150.00 both days; $100.00 Saturday only
    PRIVATE SESSION (after practice on Sunday 14th): $175
    BOTH DAYS + PRIVATE SESSION: $250

http://africanmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Professeur Elombe Myles
    Last edited by Prof Myles; 11-15-2006 at 06:27 PM. Reason: change font color