Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (video) Some of you need an uncle like this

(video) Some of you need an uncle like this

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

You know, more uncles like that, a lot less problems, believe it or not
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

When the old man gets older, the young one merely has to pick his day.
    violence begets more violence.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

When the old man gets older, the young one merely has to pick his day.
    violence begets more violence.
    Or, the young one gets old enough to appreciate what the old one did for him.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Or they both die in a tornado while driving through Oklahoma

nobody appreciates being beaten and humiliated in front of their friends.
    I'm pretty certain of that.

the old man could have made his point without the violence.
    Violence is often refuge for an incapable mind.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Or, the young one gets old enough to appreciate what the old one did for him.
    ignore the granola chomping tree hugger

"let's have a peace in, yeah!"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I've spoken with nephews and neices about their fb behavior and changed it without ever having to resort to hitting them, and my stepson would never act inappropriately on fb because we taught him how to treat people. Never had to hit him once.

When one kid I know started acting tough guyish, I asked him how often he was hitting the heavy bag. Never. I told him if he wanted to act tough, he was just being a poseur, if you want to be tough, train for it and be disciplined, you want to be a poseur, you embarrass the people in our life, and we all talk about your behavior behind your bck like you're a child. He got the idea.

I know one gifted martial artist who drinks too much and gets in fights with schlubs. He was beaten by his family plenty of times, that backfired.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

when a parent or guardian of a child needs to resort to psyical punishment to get thier point acrossed they have failed as a parent.

upbringing is so negelcted nowadays most parents dotn knwo how to raise thier children because we are creatures of habit, bad upbringing breeds more bad upbrining.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Blog Entries
    wow! that so reminds me of how i grew up. except my father had a different method of administering this kind of punishment. I totally agree with it as well.

the kind of punishment received in that video will be carried through his life. the lack of that in todays society is why crime is up!!!!! why kids disrespect their parents and other parents.

it doesn't matter if people don't agree with it. unlike what you see in caucasian families ONLY....from what i've personally seen for myself (being stereotypical right now)....little white babies having temper tantrums. moms and dads having to repeat themselves over and over and over while the parent that will spank their child only has to mention the belt or give that LOOK that means the belt it coming.

HIT EM AGAIN FOR ME MAN!!!!!!
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 01-06-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

The reality is most uncles are like this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Blog Entries
    The reality is most uncles are like this guy.
    thats because he never got the belt like the boy in the video! lmao

Frank. Statisticaly speaking crime is waaaaayyyy down and has been on a steady decrease for quite some time.

Beating your kids for whatever reason is short sighted and reflective of your own inability to rear them effectively.

I could throw 700 million papers of research that directly correlate to this.

But hey, if you think beating people down solves familial problems or behaviour problems your are wrong. You are creating more problems that will manifest later.

Having said that, there is no reason to not be firm and assertive with those who are your charges.

You don't actually need to raise your voice even to do this. Making your children or family fear you is a crap road to walk down.

Peace is the way!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Frank. Statisticaly speaking crime is waaaaayyyy down and has been on a steady decrease for quite some time.
    NOT WHERE I LIVE! every day someone is getting killed right now. EVERY SINGLE GOD DANG DAY man. sad very sad.

Beating your kids for whatever reason is short sighted and reflective of your own inability to rear them effectively.
    I disagree.

But hey, if you think beating people down solves familial problems or behaviour problems your are wrong. You are creating more problems that will manifest later.
    i didn't see anyone getting beaten down. the boy was always on his feet. and the uncle only spanked his arse. like a dumb little child. trust me, the boy learned a lesson there.

as well, name me ONE well known criminal that "Spankings" with a belt led to their life of crime.

Having said that, there is no reason to not be firm and assertive with those who are your charges.
    the lack of discipline is the reason for most crimes in my honest opinion. people raised without the fear of getting in trouble for doing something bad is not conducive to a persons growth.

You don't actually need to raise your voice even to do this. Making your children or family fear you is a crap road to walk down.
    this is why kids act up. talk back. get into trouble. I never talked back to my father or mother for the fear of having my arse handed to me. and when i thought maybe i could rebel, just like the uncle in this video, my father got in my face and told me to flex...move...i'll drop your arse right here!

DJ, are you telling me honestly that your kids would do what you say the moment you say it without any back talk or problems?

the following is the comment made from a friend who went through the same thing. notice what he says about NOT getting beat....

"eeek i remember that **** im sure my beatings were hella old school now adays when a kid mouths off he gets "grounded" big ****ing wow i woulda loved to stay in my room and sleep all day. When I slipped up I got beat with fists.."
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 01-06-2011 at 11:05 AM.

I can't speak much to where you live, but overall, crime really is down.

I am ok with you disagreeing, I still don't think beating children, or humiliating them, or anyone for that matter does anything positive whatsoever. It's reactionary and it's engaging negative emotions to attempt to create positivity which is of course impossible and that is self evident.

It won't be the belt whopping that gets the guy right, it is the fact he has publicly humiliated him instead of dealing with it privately. Not cool at all in my books.

Trying to narrow down a criminal mind to whether or not spankings made him a criminal is kind of hard to do, but it's pretty well known that many of the worst criminals on record were indeed abused as children on some level by their family or keepers.

violence simply is not a positive way to enrich someones mind or their behaviours.
    violence is not required to instill discipline, it is weakness of mind in the person who uses it because they are incapable of the higher level that is reason with patience.

I was never beaten as a kid. I completely respected and revered my parents.
    That came not from them being violent, but form them being of stable minds and actions and by being good examples of what a human being is.

My son, when he lived with me was a good kid, did what he was asked and rarely gavce me any grief whatsoever. He got up to typical kid shenanigans, but ultimately, he's a good guy, with a good work ethic and a peaceful way about him. he's 25 this year and is in good form.

getting grounded shouldn't be a "go to your room" event. Usually, it involves extra chores, extra responsibilities and more interaction with the family.

grounding a kid by sending them to their room is also a failure of parenting.

Kids are sponges, they absorb everything consciously and unconsciously.

That father/uncle looked like a damn fool losing his temper. It's like he was showing off himself or something. The kid just wanted that to be over and if he didn't already respect the man, then why did he not defend himself in anyway?

Anyway, I think what the dude did was wrong and there is only a temporary satisfaction to his action. He is losing respect every time he raises his hand to a family member like that. Clearly, the father/uncle is incapable of using his mind.

That's the sad part, the kid was only 14 or 15 and the dad/uncle isn't smart enough to do anything but go all savage on him?

ridiculous in my opinion.
    Kung Fu is good for you.