Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Share - Hung Gar application explained 001 (Iron Wire and Tiger Crane)

Smile Share - Hung Gar application explained 001 (Iron Wire and Tiger Crane)

As to the request from the previous post, I have promised to get these up. I have just started with the beginning movements of the two forms and made the two video below to explain some combat applications. (it's not all of it, but I just show some here because we are running out of time today).

Video 1 – tiger crane form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Vf8jCMAy4

Video 2 – iron wire form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCHbe3VwFc

Tiger Crane Form full form demo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBjc7...eature=related

Iron Wire Form full form demo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPJAD...eature=related
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by CYMac; 05-04-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    As to the request from the previous post, I have promised to get these up. I have just started with the beginning movements of the two forms and made the two video below to explain some combat applications. (it's not all of it, but I just show some here because we are running out of time today).

Video 1 – tiger crane form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Vf8jCMAy4
    That's a good application. However, I'm not seeing the right energy behind it.

Video 2 – iron wire form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCHbe3VwFc
    I don't think the Iron Wire form really has applications. It's mostly a ging/jing training form.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    That's a good application. However, I'm not seeing the right energy behind it.

I don't think the Iron Wire form really has applications. It's mostly a ging/jing training form.
    What do you mean by "energy behind it"? Can you elaborate? I don't get what you mean.

The Iron wire form does have combat application. If you even see older movie by Lau Ka Leung, he have also demonstrate a few moves with the iron fist in combat as well. Not a rare thing to see. I am not the "first" who say it is a combat form already..... (I think maybe TienTiger can explain more of this becaues he is more professional on hung gar).

Anyway, Thanks for watching!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

I'll have to take a look when i'm at home. As far as i remember, there are applications for the iron wire set. I seem to recall Gordon Liu demonstrating it against Lau ga leung in Drunken Monkey.

I am curious, what is your Hung Gar lineage?

Word of advice in regards to showing "combat applications" from ANY from or any style:

The key element is NOT you, but your attacker.

The intent from your attacker is all wrong and a such, your application are, at best, improperly done and at worst, totally crap.

This is very common so don't feel to bad, just correct it and make it better.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I'll have to take a look when i'm at home. As far as i remember, there are applications for the iron wire set. I seem to recall Gordon Liu demonstrating it against Lau ga leung in Drunken Monkey.
    Every form as applications, the iron wire not only develops whole body unity, structure and strength, but also develops specific structure and strength with specific moves that are core of the Hung Kuen fighting system.

Blog Entries
    CYMac,

Regardless of how these fools come at you wrong, you have more bawls then they can ever dream of having. good or bad, i give your respect for putting it out there.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I tend to not focus on the shortcomings of people's forms they put up, cuse frankly, In my own system, there are so many differences and different people that I'd be wasting enormous time playing some sort of police force, and my system is firly rare. If I add hung gar, yang style, mantis, et al, I'd be online all day, and if I did that, who else could carry on the doo wai fly ressurections like I do?
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I tend to not focus on the shortcomings of people's forms they put up, cuse frankly, In my own system, there are so many differences and different people that I'd be wasting enormous time playing some sort of police force, and my system is firly rare. If I add hung gar, yang style, mantis, et al, I'd be online all day, and if I did that, who else could carry on the doo wai fly ressurections like I do?
    Fair enough and the reason I ask about his lineage is that he breaks a few "rules" from mine, or at least appears to.
    EX:
    In the HK I was taught, a "rule of thumb" was that you go IN on a hook and go OUT on a straight.
    Your outside shoulder are the perimeter of a "box" and anything the comes inside them you go out and anything that comes from the outside, you go in.
    ( and yes, no rules are set in stone).

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    CYMac,

Regardless of how these fools come at you wrong,
    wait until he does some bullshit choy lay fut video and watch Frank get all psycho
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Fair enough and the reason I ask about his lineage is that he breaks a few "rules" from mine, or at least appears to.
    EX:
    In the HK I was taught, a "rule of thumb" was that you go IN on a hook and go OUT on a straight.
    Your outside shoulder are the perimeter of a "box" and anything the comes inside them you go out and anything that comes from the outside, you go in.
    ( and yes, no rules are set in stone).
    I wasn't criticizing your comments, you were merely asking questions. I mostly was bantering. My view is I don't have a big concern with who changes what or doesn't get what. At some level, in the long run, it could all end up being creatures with sensory bundles on their face to feel changes in air pressure laughing at all the creatures using their eyes all wrong. Just because things started at point A doesn't mean point B may not lead to something useful in the long run.

This is what my Taoverse Deity tells me, when he lays off of the pron.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    wait until he does some bullshit choy lay fut video and watch Frank get all psycho
    I will giggle. And I shall giggle heartily.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    *waits, chews popcorn watches Frank watching CYMac....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    wait until he does some bull**** choy lay fut video and watch Frank get all psycho
    I don't get psycho over someone's elses abilities. whether this guy is good or not, he had enough confidence in himself to post something, show his face and what not while there are so many other fake arse people who talk smack behind their computers.

Now you NEVER heard me say i thought he was great, good, or even terrible. i don't comment on people's skills unless they start claiming that they can wreck anyone or anything that comes their way.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

The dirty truth is that I've seen crappy made up stuff whose people could beat up people doing legitimate stuff that they didn't train for anything but form and the right to say they were the real deal.