Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Share - Hung Gar application explained 001 (Iron Wire and Tiger Crane)

I however, can wreck anything that comes my way. I know Shenanju.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Indeed, Tiet Sien Kuen has combative applications.
    Nothing is simply,"just such and such.." It's knowing how to apply the movements.
    Although I may not agree with all of your applications, on the whole, it shows thinking outside of the box, which is how we evolve our personal Gung-Fu.
    I agree with HSK-you show more bawlz than most just for putting it out there, good or bad.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    I however, can wreck anything that comes my way. I know SheManju.
    Did you know that She is really a transexual?
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 05-04-2011 at 08:10 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

In fiarness, it's a weird internetism that putting up form footage is all that brave. I've shown form footage before, it's not a proof of anything, and the only thing one has to endure is people who don't like your form.

Putting up usage footage that is realistic should be our minimum standard, for ourselves. As for sitting in judgment, I just don't see the point.

Is showing balls meritorious? Or is it just showing balls?

These videos aren't very choice mnemonic devices for the arts they are claiming to look at. I would say they are ok for him to look at in a progress way. But to put out as instructional? Demonstrative of the style?

They are demonstrative of CYMac and his level of understanding of the martial arts he is trying to depict.

They don't show much else.

Showing ones balls can be an exercise in obnoxiousness as well. Not saying it is in this case, I just think that the merit of having balls or courage if you like is not applicable here.

There is no courage in performing with mediocrity in an uploaded youtube video.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Did you know that She is really a transexual?
    No!!!!!

Note to self: destroy spring break photos en masse!

Balls?
    ****, this takes balls too:

So what?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The problem is, the guy is assuming himself to be a teacher.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Note to self: stop sharing my spring break pics with Sanjuro-Ronin.

Blog Entries
    In fiarness, it's a weird internetism that putting up form footage is all that brave. I've shown form footage before, it's not a proof of anything, and the only thing one has to endure is people who don't like your form.

Putting up usage footage that is realistic should be our minimum standard, for ourselves. As for sitting in judgment, I just don't see the point.
    Even if the dude or situation spoke the pure and utter truth beyond the shadow of a doubt, i have a sneaky suspicion that YOU would still have something negative to say hahaha.

putting up footage that is realistic should be our minimum standard? you do realize that no matter how realistic it is, there will always be someone who has something bad or negative to say? i can tell you won't give this guy ANY credit, at all huh? LOL...its all good...i'm not him.

What his video DOES prove is that he has knowledge of specific things unlike some of the fakers here on this forum.

Frank isn't always the sharpest tool in the shed but one wonders what he can't grasp here?

A guy who learned stuff off videos, never actually learned the system, putting up videos and acting like he is a teacher ??

And horrible suckfest videos that scream "I am a fraud"

But Frank loves them
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I don't care if a regular guy comes on here and puts up his latest stuff, beginner or advanced. It's great for them to get feedback and all from a third party. I know a couple of folks here who gave me GREAT pointers.

However, to claim to be a teacher and want to charge folks for magic and exorcism, that's a whole different story.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The problem is, the guy is assuming himself to be a teacher.
    Or is the problem that the previous culture accepted simply knowing some forms as proof of qualifications. But, since the culture is changing, it's easier to make clear that higher standards in examples of usage get better results and responses, and so people will tend to move in the direction of the herd by degrees.

As kenpo became less a selling point for a school like USSD, they put on exotic outfits or began using exotic names, as that became less a selling point, they added other styles, as that became less a selling point, they began interschool competitions, as that became less a selling point, they made their competitions closer to full contact, as that becomes less a selling point...

Whereas online exposure never even managed to put Ashida Kim out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Whereas online exposure never even managed to put Ashida Kim out of business.
    Ninja training will never, EVER go out of business.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Blog Entries
    Is showing balls meritorious? Or is it just showing balls?
    On this forum? I think YES. we know his face, we see his skill. would you rather hide behind your computer and talk smack like so many others? i mean really? so, yes. meritorious it is for him because he's not hiding his identity and he's not making any wild claims to be the greatest.

These videos aren't very choice mnemonic devices for the arts they are claiming to look at.
    his video's are indeed CHOICE for anyone who finds CHOICE in them.

They are demonstrative of CYMac and his level of understanding of the martial arts he is trying to depict.

They don't show much else.
    what were you looking to see? i mean you know the same system don't you? (i could be wrong about the same system, tho).

Showing ones balls can be an exercise in obnoxiousness as well. Not saying it is in this case, I just think that the merit of having balls or courage if you like is not applicable here.
    Did you see him being obnoxious? sorry, i didn't. I saw a humble guy trying to share his own personal knowledge. still, aren't you one of those who want to see someone's skills after they make claims? i believe you've hit up others on the forum looking to see what they have to offer up, right?

There is no courage in performing with mediocrity in an uploaded youtube video.
    then where would the courage be best applied?