Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Share - Hung Gar application explained 001 (Iron Wire and Tiger Crane)

Let me make it clear again...

The video here are posted because of a request at KFM that I accepted yesterday and so it is a promise that I keep. I said that I will perform and demonstrate a few moves from the two forms and so that is what I did for the person. Keeping a promise is virtue, virtue of truthfulness and trust.

Second thing is, I do not claim my hung gar is from any lineage because I just don't like the way how we limit ourselves with all that "rules". I have learn from Hung Gar sifu before but after that I don't like the system myself but later on I learn it again myself and actually have different view/things learned myself and so that's my own choice. I never claim to be a hung gar isfu though, because I am not. I am only a Taoism master, that's my profession and career. Kungfu is always a side-dish only for me.

So whatever you guys want to say about the negative comments and all that, it's fine because I am just keeping my promise and I am sure the person who want me to do it have saw it already and so I have fulfilled the person's request. That's all. It's about keeping your promise, showing what you know, and that's it.

Don't try to be too harsh on me and I am not going to debate with anybody. Even if I fight a guy at the ring and got it taped, you will say there are some "fake moves" and "acting" as well if you don't like me at first. So what's the point. Those who see the video can say whatever themselves. None of my business.

Anyway, If you got comments or suggestions of the moves and application, feel free to post a video of your own and we can exchange ideas, if not, it's just abstract to talk about things here like this. You can say whatever you want but they can all be in your dream. So show your stuff to discuss or else I can't picture it in realistic situation, too bad, that's me.

Anyway, thanks for checking the vids out.
    Last edited by CYMac; 05-04-2011 at 08:28 AM.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Even if the dude or situation spoke the pure and utter truth beyond the shadow of a doubt, i have a sneaky suspicion that YOU would still have something negative to say hahaha.

putting up footage that is realistic should be our minimum standard? you do realize that no matter how realistic it is, there will always be someone who has something bad or negative to say? i can tell you won't give this guy ANY credit, at all huh? LOL...its all good...i'm not him.

What his video DOES prove is that he has knowledge of specific things unlike some of the fakers here on this forum.
    I can watch Muhammad Ali Fight Joe Frazier on golden classics and I can point out negatives in what I am seeing in their peformances even as the give a MASTER CLASS.

I agree that typical footage coming out of tcma "look at my demo" camp is incomplete.

I would say format that would be cool would be:

1: the form
    2: the piece you want to extract and drill
    3. the drill extrapolated
    4. applications with some compliance
    5. applications with no compliance in context to attack

This is how the pros do it and this is the kind of instructional vid that actually imparts the instruction.

Kung Fu is predominantly tactile and 90% of it can indeed be shown in a video.
    Tension methods and breathing methods are another matter.

My personal opinion is that http://www.straightblastgym.com has some great vids in this format and http://www.crazymonkeyuniverse.com has the right idea in presenting "distance" learning for martial artists.

For forms learning, there is a lot on offer from a gajillion sources.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Courage is best applied when you have more to lose than your pride.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Blog Entries
    Frank isn't always the sharpest tool in the shed but one wonders what he can't grasp here?
    and some of us have BIGGER ideas of themselves then they actually should.

A guy who learned stuff off videos, never actually learned the system, putting up videos and acting like he is a teacher ??
    are you accusing HIM from learning from video's?

No I don't love them....I love YOU!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Courage is best applied when you have more to lose than your pride.
    Let's not mistake courage with egoism.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Frank,
    You aren't that sharp, but you are certainly a tool

He's a self taught video watcher now claiming to be a teacher and putting up crappy stuff. If he did it with Choy Lay Fut you'd be posting 10,000 paragraph rants about it, we all know you

he's a clown of the worst type, and notice only YOU seem to like him
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    I can watch Muhammad Ali Fight Joe Frazier on golden classics and I can point out negatives in what I am seeing in their peformances even as the give a MASTER CLASS.
    but why is your focus on the NEGATIVE? Is there anything wrong with being POSITIVE?

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    Let me make it clear again...

The video here are posted because of a request at KFM that I accepted yesterday and so it is a promise that I keep. I said that I will perform and demonstrate a few moves from the two forms and so that is what I did for the person. Keeping a promise is virtue, virtue of truthfulness and trust.

Second thing is, I do not claim my hung gar is from any lineage because I just don't like the way how we limit ourselves with all that "rules". I have learn from Hung Gar sifu before but after that I don't like the system myself but later on I learn it again myself and actually have different view/things learned myself and so that's my own choice. I never claim to be a hung gar isfu though, because I am not. I am only a Taoism master, that's my profession and career. Kungfu is always a side-dish only for me.

So whatever you guys want to say about the negative comments and all that, it's fine because I am just keeping my promise and I am sure the person who want me to do it have saw it already and so I have fulfilled the person's request. That's all. It's about keeping your promise, showing what you know, and that's it.

Don't try to be too harsh on me and I am not going to debate with anybody. Even if I fight a guy at the ring and got it taped, you will say there are some "fake moves" and "acting" as well if you don't like me at first. So what's the point. Those who see the video can say whatever themselves. None of my business.

Anyway, If you got comments or suggestions of the moves and application, feel free to post a video of your own and we can exchange ideas, if not, it's just abstract to talk about things here like this. You can say whatever you want but they can all be in your dream. So show your stuff to discuss or else I can't picture it in realistic situation, too bad, that's me.

Anyway, thanks for checking the vids out.
    While we went to town on each other on the WC thread ( and I aplogise for losing my temper on you, sorry about that).
    My post was meant as constructive criticisim, truly.
    You applications are "wrong" because the whole premise, execution and application are incorrect.
    In other words:
    The guys has to really ****ING grab you for your counter to his grab to have any really validity.
    The guy has to really ****ING try to punch your freaking lights out, for you defense of his punch to be valid.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Frank,
    You aren't that sharp, but you are certainly a tool

He's a self taught video watcher now claiming to be a teacher and putting up crappy stuff. If he did it with Choy Lay Fut you'd be posting 10,000 paragraph rants about it, we all know you

he's a clown of the worst type, and notice only YOU seem to like him
    and the ONLY thing you're good at is insulting others and acting as if YOU are far superior to anyone or anything. GET OVER YOURSELF.

Your mom likes my tool.

how do you know he is self taught? i don't know this so educate me on how you know he's self taught?

all i did was say i respect him for posting up his real likeness and YOU come at me with your TYPICAL IDIOTIC bullsheet!!!!!!

you don't know me for nothing. keep thinking you know me. I love when people assume too much.

Even if the dude or situation spoke the pure and utter truth beyond the shadow of a doubt, i have a sneaky suspicion that YOU would still have something negative to say hahaha.
    I haven't said a negative thing about him, aside from kidding over the Taoverse Deity thing. I did argue about one aspect of taiji waistwork in a thread he started, but it wasn't arguing with him, but arguing an aspect that people in China argue. I'm not sure why you think I'm so critical of anyone here, but it's not based on anything I've done. You'd be hard pressed to find me being critical of the content of someone's form on this forum.

putting up footage that is realistic should be our minimum standard? you do realize that no matter how realistic it is, there will always be someone who has something bad or negative to say? i can tell you won't give this guy ANY credit, at all huh? LOL...its all good...i'm not him.
    I'm not saying anyone has to share footage, I'm saying that forms and compliance actions in no way showcase our systems fighting methods, though at least forms can be quite interesting to watch, and that many schools so base their practice on their demos that they miss the truths of their system in favor of being good at demos. I'm not pointing fingers with this one, just making a general statement.

What his video DOES prove is that he has knowledge of specific things unlike some of the fakers here on this forum.
    I guess I disagree on knowing form or apps proving much specific knowledge. Using my style as an example, you can find a lot of variations, but the people who frequently use the moves, though they may do entire steps differently, and though others may argue what is the real deal, seem to not argue at all about these things, and seem to have a better grasp than those with an academic understanding based solely on forms and compliant applications.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

but why is your focus on the NEGATIVE? Is there anything wrong with being POSITIVE?
    There is nothing wrong with being positive and I didn't say I focus on the negative, but rather that it is there, even in a master class demonstration of skill.

now, where is the positive in an obvious neophyte claiming skill he cannot demonstrate, cannot show?

where is the positive in someone who rebukes to actual need for a master/teacher to learn an art form and instead forgoes that in favour of promoting himself as that master/teacher yet fully demonstrates a definite incapability of being that which he wants to and claims to be.

There are a million young guys out there who fancy themselves this thing or that but in actuality are not that. How is this different and how is it either negative or positive to merely point that out.

If you go to the store and someone holds a piece of rotten fruit up and says look at this, it is good! I will give it to you for free! Would you take it? Would you want it? Would you see the positive or would you regard that as strange?

CYMac has much to learn, but he doesn't want to. He doesn't want to learn, he wants to be the teacher without having to learn or work for the prize! He says it himself and makes no bones about it.

You see this as positive Frank? How? In a superficial way, yes, very happy, fun fun fun!

But in reality, what value?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This is courage:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121104080.html

"A harrowing, nearly seven-hour battle unfolded on that mountainside in Afghanistan's Nuristan province on April 6, as Walton, his team and a few dozen Afghan commandos they had trained took fire from all directions. Outnumbered, the Green Berets fought on even after half of them were wounded -- four critically -- and managed to subdue an estimated 150 to 200 insurgents, according to interviews with several team members and official citations."

This is courage:
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/2...s-courage.html

There was an element of heroism in Elmar Oliveira’s University of Miami recital. The well-known violinist, one of the jewels of Lynn University’s music faculty, came on stage at Gusman Hall Sunday and, rather than lifting his violin to play, told the audience he had to begin with an apology.

“About six days ago I suffered a shoulder and neck manipulation injury,” he said. “And I have sometimes been getting cramps in my arm. I will try my best to continue the performance. If something happens that’s beyond my control, I will have to stop.”

This is courage:
    http://www.globalethics.org/newsline...ar-responders/

The courage needed at Fukushima is rooted in a moral commitment. It is so colored by the principles and values that define integrity that we can’t avoid seeing it as moral courage. That’s true not only of the men and women exposed to radiation but of the officials in charge. Given the enormous mental tug-of-war between the nation’s need for an immediate end to the radiation leaks and the responders’ need for long-term personal safety, it takes moral courage to make the right calls moment by moment.

Posting a goofy ass video of you and your ogre friend to snag business is NOT courage. Spare me this talk of stupid e-courage. Morons post videos of themselves all the time.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

how do you know he is self taught?
    because he said so

like I said Frank, you aren't the sharpest tool
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I thought he said he was taught by his Taoverse Deity.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Blog Entries
    "like I said Frank, you aren't the sharpest tool" How many times have you used that line on others here on this forum? your GAME is so PLAYED OUT! as i've said, I love when people assume too much, including yourself.

and oh...yeah....You're the sharpest one! Yes you are! so cute in your little shorts.