Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Legends of Kung Fu 2011

Quote Originally Posted by zhugeliang View Post
    Wow, David Scott is going to teach three person staff set...!
    If you want to learn something really cool one of my Masters brothers is teaching Tai Tzu Chang Quan.

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    I will be there. The shirt looks awesome on you Gene. My wife is coming too this time and I will try to drag Xingying along. @ 8:30 right?
    Yep 8:30. I'm picking Gene up right after his seminar and heading straight there.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Excellent, sha0lin1!

That's what our party was missing - a monk and a spouse! We'll have to order extra nachos! In all seriousness, it would be really delightful to hang out with Xingying and an honor to meet your wife.

Is it Jiang Dong Xu (Shi Xing Xi) • Shaolin Traditional Longfist seminar that will be the Tai Zu? That looks interesting. I've been really getting into Taizu lately. I've only studied it from Yan Fei and Shi Yantuo; another perspective would be fascinating.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    That's what our party was missing - a monk and a spouse! We'll have to order extra nachos! In all seriousness, it would be really delightful to hang out with Xingying and an honor to meet your wife.

Is it Jiang Dong Xu (Shi Xing Xi) • Shaolin Traditional Longfist seminar that will be the Tai Zu? That looks interesting. I've been really getting into Taizu lately. I've only studied it from Yan Fei and Shi Yantuo; another perspective would be fascinating.
    Hi Gene,

Thanks. That would be him, he is the coach for the Soul of Shaolin Production that is running now in Sevierville Tn.

It's this Friday, who else is in??

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Is this the first year for tru 2 form sparring? That sounds like the best of the program. Well done.

Looking forward to how it goes. If there is any youtube from the tourney, let us know.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Don Hamby might join us

He's doing a seminar the same time as me. I mentioned our gathering and he sounds down (not sure if he knows what Twin Peaks is about, but I'm sure he'll appreciate it). Got room for another rider in that Audi, xcakid? I should mention that Don is a big man. A huge man. His guns are the size of my waist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Kato got laid?
    Dude, didn't you see Revenge of the Pink Panther? Kato became a pimp daddy! Come on now, you remember. Tanya the Lotus eater!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

He's doing a seminar the same time as me. I mentioned our gathering and he sounds down (not sure if he knows what Twin Peaks is about, but I'm sure he'll appreciate it). Got room for another rider in that Audi, xcakid? I should mention that Don is a big man. A huge man. His guns are the size of my waist.

Dude, didn't you see Revenge of the Pink Panther? Kato became a pimp daddy! Come on now, you remember. Tanya the Lotus eater!
    I have seen him before and know of him. He may need to sit shotgun, or if he sits in the back you are going to need to put your seat forward. We can definitely work it out, but sure, the more the merrier.

Excellent!

I figured Don would ride shotgun.

Beyond our forum gathering at Twin Peaks, who else is going to Legends of Kung Fu 2011? Anyone? Because all the cool forum members will be at Twin Peaks too.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wow, David Scott is going to teach three person staff set...!
    It's a wushu set from Jianhua Guo in Chicago.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I used to do a 3-man staff sparring set

I learned it from Wing Lam and one of my partners was Subitai. I think it's documented on this VHS: The Wing Lam Kung Fu School 30th Anniversary Benefit for St. Jude Children’s Hospital. Three-man staff sparring is wacky, as in you can get whacked a lot. I can't imagine trying to transmit that in an 1.5 hour seminar.

Shoot, I should have made a little YouTube vid to promote my workshop....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Maybe Gene and two other Texans here can form a Wacky Three Staff Whack-Each-Other set tomorrow.

Not!

Maybe me and a few Texans can grab a few beers at Twin Peaks instead.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Maybe Gene and two other Texans here can form a Wacky Three Staff Whack-Each-Other set tomorrow.
    Whack-A-Oh!

Ah, the Tempest of my wit, one move no can Defender! Contra to popular opinion, it is no simple Joust, but a Pitfall for my enemies!

Anyway, enough of this, I think I'll do some Kung Fu, and then it's Burger Time!
    Last edited by Taixuquan99; 07-28-2011 at 02:42 PM.

I am not sure if my wife knows what Twin Peaks is all about and I am not telling her. Xingying is coming, not sure about Xingxi, maybe he will come too.