Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Legends of Kung Fu 2011

See ya guys tonight.

I'll see if I can get a big table.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

In Texas

It's hot here. I like it hot.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

texas is like desert or half of it.

have fun, there.

I might be able to go next year.

best of luck for those will be in the ring.

Twin Peaks was massive

We had about almost 2 dozen people, including Mike Barry, Don Hamby, Gary Utterback, Shi Xingying, Zhang Xueli, Steve Li and more. Thanks again for putting this together, xcakid (nice ride too - sweet even without the kato cap). And thanks for the treat, sha0lin1. It was an honor to meet your wife.

Photos coming on Monday.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Day 1 is over

Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of xcakid's events. Wrong place, wrong time. I did get to see sha0lin1 get beaten by sticks, smack his head with iron bars and put a hole in the huge expensive stage backdrop. Also got to meet zhugeliang and chat with one of our former mods. It's been great as always. Today was cooler - just over 100. Loving this TX heat.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of xcakid's events. Wrong place, wrong time. I did get to see sha0lin1 get beaten by sticks, smack his head with iron bars and put a hole in the huge expensive stage backdrop. Also got to meet zhugeliang and chat with one of our former mods. It's been great as always. Today was cooler - just over 100. Loving this TX heat.
    Ha Ha, yeah my Master beats me sometimes, it was a very big hole wasn't it? I cringed when that happend but my face got some pay back when my Master decided to hit me with the next one on a more downward angle so we wouldn't put another hole in that backdrop and a piece of the stick bounced up and hit me. It was good to see you again Gene. If you love the heat so much you should move here, it is 100 or more everyday.

Legends of Kung Fu New Sparring ?

Michael Aronson stated that they were going to introduce new sparring rules to rid the chinese martial arts scene of "Karate Rules" and introduce Traditional Classical Kung Fu Fighting Rules

Curious on how this was received and what exactly are the differences between the old rules and the new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    Michael Aronson stated that they were going to introduce new sparring rules to rid the chinese martial arts scene of "Karate Rules" and introduce Traditional Classical Kung Fu Fighting Rules

Curious on how this was received and what exactly are the differences between the old rules and the new rules.
    wasn't this called Lei Tai fighting?

then it was called Sanshou

now it is called san da

why is it there is so much TALK about fighting and so little actual fighting?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Sadly this is another romantic attempt by Chinese stylist trying to prove to others that they know how to fight and that their art is deadly!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    Sadly this is another romantic attempt by Chinese stylist trying to prove to others that they know how to fight and that their art is deadly!
    we proved we know how to fight by going into every format we could find (boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, sanshou, san da and mma) and winning

but maybe we're just weird

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Indeed, but their are some, who still believe that Kwai Chang Caine's fighting skill is a true presentation of CMA fighting skills.

Gene- How did the pics of the masters demo turn out this year?
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    Indeed, but their are some, who still believe that Kwai Chang Caine's fighting skill is a true presentation of CMA fighting skills.
    LOL

indeed!

pix coming

I'm uploading some to our social network sites now. It's going very slowly.

I'm annoyed that facebook deleted our 2010 LoKF photo album.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

I'm annoyed that facebook deleted our 2010 LoKF photo album.
    WhAT!!! Why did they do that??
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.