Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dit Da Jow questions

Quote Originally Posted by PlumDragon
    Thanks Herb ox, your comments are much appreciated!

The ethanol I use is a pharmaceutical grade grain-ethanol made 100% naturally with grain the same way that Vodka is; Im with ya 100% on this topic and its part of my philosophy in making jow: I prefer completely natural and synergistic all the way, which is why I buy what I do. Vodka has additives in it for flavoring that arent natural, which I dont care to have in my jow; its less "pure" because of that flavoring and so I chose to spend a little more money to have a product that is devoid of flavorings and synthetic substances that are found in liquor from the liquor store.

This is NOT to say that my prodct is 100% ethanol. It is a balanced mix of "hydrous ethanol", which makes it about 45 %...

Hope that answers your questions?
    I never considered additives in Vodka.
    I'll never get too old to learn.
    Thanks,
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    The jow we use can be made with either alcohol or vinegar, but with the vinegar you have to add another herb to it and cook it to get the same effect.

Personally, I think the vinegar based jow works a little better for healing bruises, but they both do a good job.
    My Sifu's Iron Palm Jow has vinegar. And yes we have to cook it. I should look into that for my own Jow.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

You can make infused oils then add essential oils and beeswax to make a salve like this one which works very well:
    http://chinesetherapeutics.org/catal...roducts_id=226

Dit Da Jow - Application Time?

Hello,

I have a quick question, do how long is it recommeded to apply Dit Da Jow to an injury? 2-3X daily, but for how long?

Is there a limit or maximum?
    Thanks~

application

I have found it best to soak a cotton ball with the Dit da jow. Put the cotton ball at the point of injury, cover with clear plastic wrap and then cover with an ace bandage to hold everything in place.

The reason why this works is that it allows the pores to open and the medicine
    work on the area. I would only do this for an hour or two at a time maybe twice
    a day. Any more than that and the skin might break out into a rash.

Mike Biggie
    7 Star Praying Mantis, Hong Kong Branch
    Choy Li Fut, Hung Sing Branch
    Yang Tai Chi

Shaolin Boxing Academy, Akron Ohio.

Thanks. I'll do that. Is it safe to do it for multiple days until injury is gone?

Thanks

Ban Hou,

You could do this twice a day as Mike suggested. You might get a rash from your medicine but its only the skin being irritated by the herbs in the formula.

Be well,

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Thanks for your reply. And yes, I noticed a slight rash but I washed it with herbal soap and it went away.

Thanks again!

What kind of injury do you have?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

It was on my ankle.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    besides the jow, healing the injury is in the massage-tui-na or ahn -moor. When we "rub out" a bruise,sprain, etc, it takes quite some time. We first lightly massage with soaked warm jow in cotton ball-for about five minutes. Then the hard stuff starts-YEOWWWCH!! for a bruise, usually circular,sprains follow the direction of the tendon. this is for quite some time depending on degree of swelling, coloration, etc. Then light stroaking and slapping to bring in fresh blood. Finally covered with soaked gauze of cottonball and wrapped.

I would not wrap with plastic. Soak it in Jow, massage it in.

Have you seen a doctor?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Thanks a lot, TenTigers - extremely helpful.

RoyalDragon, no, I didn't yet go to the doctor. Thanks!!

Thank you all.

You might want to go have it looked at, in case it's something Jow alone can't fix. If you have a soft tissue injury, you may need to have it imobilised for a bit for it to heal quick.

I am a firm believer in the Chinese methods, but sometimes an exray is the best diagnostic method there is. You can gravitate towards Chinese herbal methods after you know for sure what is wrong.

Even in China, they use western methods where they work better, and thier own when it is superior.

Once you know what is wrong, Master Troy has a really good jow...if you can talk him into shareing. I'd give you some of mine, but I don't have any made up right now.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Also, if it is causeing a rash, you are useing too much, or you need a different formula for your Jow. Or it may have been made with a very strong alcohol. A slow simmer on the stove is what is needed to remove the alcohal so you can put it on your skin without rashes.

For the Women:

+ = & a