Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dit Da Jow questions

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Gino,

You can add Du Zhong 60 grams to any formula to help strengthen the bones.

Many use a combo of Wu Jia Pi, Du Zhong, and Ba Ji Tian to help strengthen the bones, and the kidneys which rule the bones according to Chinese Medicine
    Thanks Dale... I already use Du Zhong and Wu Jia Pi. I will look into the Ba Ji Tian.

Thanks again

ginosifu

Gino,

You can up the amounts of the Du Zhong and Wu Jia Pi and add 18-24 grams of Ba Ji Tian and see how it works.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Gino,

You can up the amounts of the Du Zhong and Wu Jia Pi and add 18-24 grams of Ba Ji Tian and see how it works.
    I was at 30g of each, but I think I will try 60g of each and add Ba Ti Jian for my next batch.

ginosifu

Gino,

You can always contact me off forum with any questions you might have.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.

Categorically, Tiger Bone is a Wind-Damp herb. Qian Nian Jian is probably the closest academic match.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Gino, don't you know Mike Biggie down south of you? He's pretty big in to the jao recipes.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    Gino, don't you know Mike Biggie down south of you? He's pretty big in to the jao recipes.
    Yes I do, I speak with him often. We have exchanged dit da jow info many times. He is a great Dit Da Jow sifu. In fact I usually order some herbs that the local Chinese Herbal shops can not or will not offer.

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by PlumDragon View Post
    Categorically, Tiger Bone is a Wind-Damp herb. Qian Nian Jian is probably the closest academic match.
    Thank you Josh, I was thinking about using it myself but wanted some expert advise from you guys.

ginosifu

You can consider using Gu Sui Bu and charred animal shell crushed into powder as alternatives to Tiger Bone. Combine that with Xue Jie and the typical herbs in a Dit Da formula and you will have an outstanding formula to address bone issues.
    The more you know, the more you find you don't know...

Dit da jow brewing methods

I have heard that there is much more Methods of brewing dit da jow than just covering the herbs in alcohol and shaking it everyday. I was hoping the more experienced jow brewers could shed some light and hopefully share some methods other than soaking in alcohol. Like cooking certain herbs before adding to the jow or heating the alcohol it's self that adding I even heard of burying the jow with peat moss? Thanks in advance

Tom

Blog Entries
    If your dit da jow is for external use only, you don't need any special treatment. If you also use it for drinking and if you use 杜仲(Du Zhong) in your wine, you will need to use a little bit water and salt to pan cook it dry before putting it in your wine. This will remove the bitter taste out of it.

This is the dit da jow formula that I like to use. Just ignore the "tiger bone" in that list.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5...almedicine.jpg
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-06-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Tom,

There are many different manners in which to prepare dit da jow.

The easiest way to make a better medicine is to grind the herbs course to help break down the cell walls in order to extract more of the active chemicals in the herbs into solution.

You then can heat your solvent up. Take your vodka or wine and place the bottles in hot water to create hot solvent and then add to your glass container containing your herbs.

Cool overnight, then seal it up and let it sit for 6 weeks.

Enjoy!

Talking

Wow thanks ykw, and Dale I just started studying acupuncture so i ask my professor about enhancing the properties of herbs. which introduced me to the world of pao zhi so ive got some studying to do lol. how do you guys find grinding ru xiang and mo yao? i find it just sticks to my mortar and pestle do you guys recommend using a electric grinder if so can you recommend a layman version that will do the job and fairly inexpensive (Being a student makes me poor lol)

thanks in advance you guys are too generous
    Thomas

Thomas,

Just got back from my annual training camp with my teacher, Dr. John Painter.

I do not grind Ru Xiang or Mo Yao as its hard. I process them with vinegar to help get the most out of the resins.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.

I often grind Myrrh when it is part of a formula (as opposed to be sold whole by the ounce). If I include a portion of it with a good amount of other herbs that can kind of buffer the sticky resinousness of the Myrrh, then I find that I get a good grind and it does not adversely affect the grinder or gum anything up.