Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lessons from nature

Talking lessons from nature

nature is our teacher supreme - no amount of anything, that anyone does, can trump this fact...

today i p!ssed off of my porch thru a spider web and the force of my passing urine could not destroy the spider webs shape. perhaps it would be wise to learn from the teaching of a spiders web??

so please now, share your grandest lessons that no amount of money can buy... let the business men rot in their delusions of mastery.

Blog Entries
    today i p!ssed off of my porch
    for real? what happened to your bathroom?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    for real? what happened to your bathroom?
    dude... i am a mason, we p!ss when we have to go pee... if people don't like it, they can come and tell us not to... besides that, i live on 3 acres in the middle of the woods where the back porch is closer to the computer than the bathroom.

Spider silk is immensely strong, stronger than steel by scale.

The fact that your piddly urine stream couldn't break it has nothing to do with the shape of the web.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Spider silk is immensely strong, stronger than steel by scale.
    i see someone else graduated from preschool.
    The fact that your piddly urine stream couldn't break it has nothing to do with the shape of the web.
    ah, but the individual strands could also not be broke... LOL... what are you a master of again?

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    ah, but the individual strands could also not be broke... LOL... what are you a master of again?
    The strands could not be broken because of the strength of the silk, not the shape of the web.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    The strands could not be broken because of the strength of the silk, not the shape of the web.
    so now you are a spider? what makes you so sure? just a few posts ago it was because of my piddly p!ss... make up your mind already... it's a bit fickle.

when i was living in trinidad, one of the ways i would make some spending cash is to hire my services out in the marinas to american boaters to snorkle and clean hulls of barnacles. see you get american currency this way. good exchange rate there tied to the USD. see its expensive to shore your boat so lots of people take care of the little things like that in the water.

anyhow, you spend a lot of time under water for each boat. well when ever i was down there it was pretty much always the same. you get in the water and your moving around. checking the hull and assessing your workload. always alone at first. yet as the directly surrounding marine life that you just disrupted begins to realize you are not a predator, they begin to get closer. braver and more daring. they dart in and out of your work, nibble on your toes or leg hairs, and brush up against you. after about 20 minutes of just hanging out with the fish its developed further. your no different than the boat hull, or the other fish at that point.

i was pretty young during that time. so it was the point in my life that i had the lesson from nature that we are all just here to exist. and depending on our natural relationship to each other, we can truly co-exist peacefully, as long as no ones on the menu. this was also the point of satori for me when i came to the understanding that man, in general, rejects nature. the large majority of all humans are this way. rejection of nature as a whole. to not only remove ourselves from the natural course of the universe, but to try to dominate nature and control what is the true way. something that cannot be done. i looked around at our folly and realized that for every time we try to manipulate nature in an un natural fashion, there are always negative results felt down the chain at one point or another.

i was a kid at that time.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    saw palmetto supplementation will help get your prostrate back to size and your piddly lil' stream will once again gush like Old Faithful.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    this was also the point of satori for me when i came to the understanding that man, in general, rejects nature. the large majority of all humans are this way. rejection of nature as a whole. to not only remove ourselves from the natural course of the universe, but to try to dominate nature and control what is the true way. something that cannot be done. i looked around at our folly and realized that for every time we try to manipulate nature in an un natural fashion, there are always negative results felt down the chain at one point or another.
    naturally this would apply to big wussy men pampering themselves with man-made perfumes because they are infact rejecting the natural smell of their body odour.

naturally this would apply to big wussy men pampering themselves with man-made perfumes because they are infact rejecting the natural smell of their body odour.
    unfortunately, i am guilty of this as well.

somehow, dont ask me how, i ended up in a professional field of work. i never in my life thought i would end up in this field, but i have. at this point im coasting. just being alive basically and not looking forward nor backward. with that said, i dont want to be unemployed either. portland is on the top for unemployment in the USA, so ive decided to chill a year or two before i choose a new line of work. ive been wanting to change for a spell now, just dont know what i want to change to. however, i do spray on some liquid death every now and then, usually because i havnt bathed , and just want to make sure i dont offend the people i work closely with. but ugh, if i never have to wear a tie again, it will be too **** soon!

im thinking on becoming a painter, but right now is just the worst possible time to look for work in oregon. our unemployment, homelessness, and hunger are at the top of the charts in this country.

but at the same time, i can go for quite a bit of time without bathing and not be bothered in the slightest. i do lucky have the fortunate genetics however of being a very light sweater.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

unfortunately, i am guilty of this as well.

somehow, dont ask me how, i ended up in a professional field of work. i never in my life thought i would end up in this field, but i have. at this point im coasting. just being alive basically and not looking forward nor backward. with that said, i dont want to be unemployed either. portland is on the top for unemployment in the USA, so ive decided to chill a year or two before i choose a new line of work. ive been wanting to change for a spell now, just dont know what i want to change to. however, i do spray on some liquid death every now and then, usually because i havnt bathed , and just want to make sure i dont offend the people i work closely with. but ugh, if i never have to wear a tie again, it will be too **** soon!

im thinking on becoming a painter, but right now is just the worst possible time to look for work in oregon. our unemployment, homelessness, and hunger are at the top of the charts in this country.
    the difference between you and the girls on this board is that you wouldn't cry when you were around body odour.

I was hiking in the park the other day and passed this long, slender tree trunk with one of its branches extending straight out from waist-level. It looked like an arm punching. All I could think to myself was "Wow... it's the perfect Beng Quan!"

the difference between you and the girls on this board is that you wouldn't cry when you were around body odour.
    hehe ya i edited and snuck that in there.

the funny thing with me is that i can really go into most environments and feel comfortable. except clubs. like dance clubs, strip clubs, etc.

i cant stand places like that.

i have this natural acting ability that lets me move 'amongst the ranks' so to speak. if im in a place that i actually dont belong. most people would never know. but then im a goat. climbing mountains and eating garbage is what i do

natural

i was pretty young during that time. so it was the point in my life that i had the lesson from nature that we are all just here to exist. and depending on our natural relationship to each other, we can truly co-exist peacefully, as long as no ones on the menu. this was also the point of satori for me when i came to the understanding that man, in general, rejects nature. the large majority of all humans are this way. rejection of nature as a whole. to not only remove ourselves from the natural course of the universe, but to try to dominate nature and control what is the true way. something that cannot be done. i looked around at our folly and realized that for every time we try to manipulate nature in an un natural fashion, there are always negative results felt down the chain at one point or another.

i was a kid at that time.
    Hey Lucas;

We mite have more in common than appears on the surface...

I was a ZPG (zero population growth) believer kiddo in the '50's and haven't seen a reason to change my mind about humans any since... We had 2 kids and one of my sons has two sons and my other son has no children; so we are passing on the zpg belief, even tho we don't say the words anymore... In fact, when we die we will be cremated... no sense in humans taking a piece of the natural world to themselves forever....

In fact, it is the concentration on accepting the natural world as it is that draws me to the dao; even tho I don't understand it very much so far....

Someone in your part of the world can have an appreciation of a much more beautiful world than in mine tho.....
    .... Skip