Thread: Tree fu: A new training regimen

Tree fu: A new training regimen

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    Not really new. This type of training is not uncommon in China, Thailand and Japan. Thanks for posting the vid. Nice to see how others are training.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Why does it HAVE to be in a forest? why not his own backyard?

Don't see any fa jin at all except he is trying to do something like myui-tai.....
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

boring to watch, leaves out a lot, some weird structure, will probably injure himself without medicine and massage.

Yes there is a lot of similar training. If he doesn't injure himself too much, then the benefits will be that he can use his own bridges to take incoming and to use as striking weapons with more gusto.

a forest is a nice place. there is good energy there. maybe he has no back yard?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    boring to watch, leaves out a lot, some weird structure, will probably injure himself without medicine and massage.

Yes there is a lot of similar training. If he doesn't injure himself too much, then the benefits will be that he can use his own bridges to take incoming and to use as striking weapons with more gusto.

a forest is a nice place. there is good energy there. maybe he has no back yard?
    I have onced watched a weirdo at the bux stop EVERY MORNING around 5am, hitting the metal pole on the street and doing some kungfu movements, this guy .. he is really a freak to anyone who pass by.. cuz anybody pass by want to look at him with a weird look and then step back... weird....

at a forest.. maybe that's better for private training.. but still, kinda boring to look at the trees only. haha~
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Blog Entries
    If you can break 1000 tree brenches with your upper arm, you may be able to break someone's elbow oneday. If you can train your front toe push kick on a tree 100 times daily, you may be able to break someone's ribs with your kick oneday.

this is called pole training

we have to cover the tree with some cushion such as animal skin or foam.

or we have to wrap our hand and forearm with a piece of cloth

other wise, there will be blood and cuts all over.

not to mention bad bruises.

it is called da zhuang or hitting the pole

we may also hit a hanging bag or a bag on a table

it is called da dai or hitting the bag.

--