Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you guys seen this video?

Have you guys seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sC4UcrUDtg

I feel bad for the guy with gloves on, lol. You know that **** was stinging.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

In the video they call the guy in black shorts a boxer

If that guy is a boxer than CYMac is a Kung Fu master!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

the "boxer" wasn't exactly what I'd call a "boxer" lol.

Oh my god he covered, twisted and dropped when the old man moved in and that is teh mark of Bullshit in the making.

Boxer could have easily driven in his punches and entered correctly, he lack footwork, guard and evasion skills that should be basic to anyone who plays at boxing.

lackluster.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If that guy is a boxer than CYMac is a Kung Fu master!
    LMAO.

Maybe this is the real reason his head is now crooked.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

You guys don't at least find this video entertaining?

I laughed my ass off the whole time, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    You guys don't at least find this video entertaining?

I laughed my ass off the whole time, personally.
    For about the first 20 seconds, then I'd rather have a look at what I left in the bowl. lol kinda teh same thing after all.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Heh, maybe i'm just a sadist.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that guy get slapped around.

well, it was a form of spanking that's for sure. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

For my money, the guy with the gloves is the school golden boy preparing for a fight. The guy slapping him is his "master" and forcing him to "block", "defend."

That's why the few shots the big guy throws are half hearted and he keeps just covering and moving. I guess its a short clip from training.

All I could hear in my head was "Youbruteyoubruteyoubruteyoubrute!!!"

True story,
    At one of the gyms I used to go to there was a guy that was very unorthodox and one of the newer guys was having a hell of a time sparring him.
    I was in the ring with him and I knocked him down a few times and then, for the rest of the 3 rounds just gave him pointers and such so the newbie asked me why I was able to handle him and he had such a hard time ( experience aside of course ).
    Anyways I told him to NOT be bothered by his unorthodox style but to punch him right in the face and just focus on that.
    Well, guess what happened?
    LOL !
    Yep, knocked the guy flat on his ass and almost KO'd him, LMAO !!

When you get presented with something unorthodox that best way to tell with it is to stick to something basic like knocking the guys block off.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

When you get presented with something unorthodox that best way to tell with it is to stick to something basic like knocking the guys block off.
    Sig Worthy. And worthy of a quote by Mickey!!

"I think we ought to knock his block off!!"

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

"You're gonna eat lightning and crap thunder"

Slap-fighter versus non-fighter. If someone's just gonna run away and repeatedly turn their back, then of course they're gonna get b1tch-slapped like that.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    True story,
    At one of the gyms I used to go to there was a guy that was very unorthodox and one of the newer guys was having a hell of a time sparring him.
    I was in the ring with him and I knocked him down a few times and then, for the rest of the 3 rounds just gave him pointers and such so the newbie asked me why I was able to handle him and he had such a hard time ( experience aside of course ).
    Anyways I told him to NOT be bothered by his unorthodox style but to punch him right in the face and just focus on that.
    Well, guess what happened?
    LOL !
    Yep, knocked the guy flat on his ass and almost KO'd him, LMAO !!

Pretty much exactly what happened to me in my second leitai fight. The dudes guard was really weird and it made me scared to enter. I just felt like I didn't understand what I was looking at so I held back a lot. Reviewing the video later I can see that just sticking to Plan A would have been fine. That "weird" guard was pretty open to just keeping hands tight in to the head and blasting down the middle but the "WTF?" factor confused me.