Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you guys seen this video?

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    Pretty much exactly what happened to me in my second leitai fight. The dudes guard was really weird and it made me scared to enter. I just felt like I didn't understand what I was looking at so I held back a lot. Reviewing the video later I can see that just sticking to Plan A would have been fine. That "weird" guard was pretty open to just keeping hands tight in to the head and blasting down the middle but the "WTF?" factor confused me.
    Come on, you are a Bajiquan fighter, you should always be going in trying to kill the guy with one strike right?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    in my second leitai fight. The dudes guard was really weird and it made me scared to enter.
    This kind of fighting stance only exist in "no head contact" ruleset. The only way that you can generate enough power to cause damage on your opponent's body is to swing your arm through a long path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXdVCW-sjXA

You can ignore your opponent's back dropping arm but his front dropping arm may come up as a hook punch to your head. Any Kempo guy loves to use that "ridge hand" attack.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-10-2011 at 11:09 PM.