Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: CLF Diu Mah Alignment

Blog Entries
    I was just poiting out how i feel there are better ways to train stances, as i thought this was a place to discuss and present our views. I wasn't saying you should change what you do, no need to get offended. Besides, aren't you on the west coast? WTF you doing up at 6:30 checking KFM
    That's nice. You keep that up. Poiting? what's that? JK

I'm up at 6 a.m. every morning...i can't sleep past that time even if its the weekend. and I hate TV so i check out the forum.

Now, although you don't really know how i teach my students, please share with me what kind of training that you think it much better. I'd like to hear what you have to say whether i may agree or not.

Although, I teach static stances to all NEWBIE's to give them some type of foundation, since most of them have none, i get to build one free of pollutants. Once they get passed the initial stages of their introduction to our training, we move on to bigger and better things.

PS....the way you initially came across was like Ross....so i naturally got into the mode of thinking. I wasn't offended man i just think its wrong for one person or a group of followers to tell another that there are better things to do than what i'm already doing- without knowing what i do during my classes.

but i do feel you tho.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 05-13-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    or you end up looking like this

and

<-- basic knee, toe, and foot (right).. for actually self defence/ fighting anyone? ... sigh

and that's rust the right.. then look at the lazy inward turn of the left foot..... --- or is this the CLF way? I am not CFL .... aplogies if so .. and reasons?

*cry* ... modern Gung Fu neh :`( ....

kekeke....
    Last edited by 5thBrother; 05-13-2011 at 07:07 AM.
    Supporter: The Australasian Martial Arts & Self Defence Forums - http://www.OzMAForums.com

Blog Entries
    <-- basi knee, toe, and foot .. for actually self defence/ fighting anyone? ... sigh

*cry* ... modern Gung Fu neh :`( ....

kekeke....

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    That's nice. You keep that up. Poiting? what's that? JK

I'm up at 6 a.m. every morning...i can't sleep past that time even if its the weekend. and I hate TV so i check out the forum.

Now, although you don't really know how i teach my students, please share with me what kind of training that you think it much better. I'd like to hear what you have to say whether i may agree or not.

Although, I teach static stances to all NEWBIE's to give them some type of foundation, since most of them have none, i get to build one free of pollutants. Once they get passed the initial stages of their introduction to our training, we move on to bigger and better things.

PS....the way you initially came across was like Ross....so i naturally got into the mode of thinking. I wasn't offended man i just think its wrong for one person or a group of followers to tell another that there are better things to do than what i'm already doing- without knowing what i do during my classes.

but i do feel you tho.
    What i think is important is moving between stances as there is no static moment in time, you are always moving. I'm no teacher, so let's get that outta the way. I never enjoyed the static stance training and always had a hard time to wrap my head around the reasoning. I'd prefer doing techniques and hitting things as, i feel, that is a quick indication of how your structure is. But to sit in horse for 30 minutes? not for me, thanks.

Blog Entries
    What i think is important is moving between stances as there is no static moment in time, you are always moving. I'm no teacher, so let's get that outta the way. I never enjoyed the static stance training and always had a hard time to wrap my head around the reasoning. I'd prefer doing techniques and hitting things as, i feel, that is a quick indication of how your structure is. But to sit in horse for 30 minutes? not for me, thanks.
    Ok, i feel you. I don't think anyone really likes stance training. However, its my personal opinion that if you don't teach and build the foundation first then at some point a student will realize "****, i should have done that in the beginning stages" as an afterthought.

plus, i don't make my students do thirty minute stances. five minutes Sei Ping Ma's during class at most. Once i see that my students are getting it, i move on to the mobile side of training.

Will i ever stop teaching traditional stance training? NO. a definite NO. Some people look for that kind of training. in fact, one of my new students told me if i didn't incorporate stance training in my classes he would have gone to another school. But, i don't judge others for abandoning traditional stance training. i don't feel i should be judged by anyone for continuing doing so. * not saying thats what you're doing....just sayin.

To each their own right. I found that at the end of stance training my legs were so drained that moving onto the next part in class i was useless as i had a hard time shifting stances and doing the running horse.

I've done more stance training than I care to remember.
    I've also been part of MA that don't do any.
    I have seen great development in BOTH.
    Boxers and MT fighters, judokas and wrestlers don't do any static stance training and they have great power and balance.
    Powerlifters have the strongest legs in the world, they do no stance training ( although they kind of do).
    Marathon runners, walkers and cyclists have the more endurance in their legs and they do NO stance training.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Powerlifters have the strongest legs in the world, they do no stance training ( although they kind of do).
    Marathon runners, walkers and cyclists have the more endurance in their legs and they do NO stance training.
    yup, but these have nothing to do with traditional martial arts so no need to even ponder stance training right?

I think this is just an old school new school thing. a you won't but i would thing. shouldn't it be "to each his own" and as long as someone finds some kind of benefit from practicing stances, why knock em? no one even said stance training had anything to do with being a good fighter or not.

yup, but these have nothing to do with traditional martial arts so no need to even ponder stance training right?

I think this is just an old school new school thing. a you won't but i would thing. shouldn't it be "to each his own" and as long as someone finds some kind of benefit from practicing stances, why knock em? no one even said stance training had anything to do with being a good fighter or not.
    I agree, but since we are debating it
    What does static stance training hope to accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I agree, but since we are debating it
    What does static stance training hope to accomplish?
    For one, it helps you get really good at holding that stance. It also helps you fight through the urge to quit. Without pain, how can you appreciate rest, that type of thing.

For me, that's what it has done, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    For one, it helps you get really good at holding that stance. It also helps you fight through the urge to quit. Without pain, how can you appreciate rest, that type of thing.

For me, that's what it has done, nothing more.
    I can't argue that it does help holding a stance, since that is all that you are doing.
    As for the rest, good on you.
    If you can get that from stance training that's great.

I once put a friend of mine through a 20 rep squat and after collapsing, puking and being sore for a week, he really learned how to appreciate pain, LOL !

I can't argue that it does help holding a stance, since that is all that you are doing.

I once put a friend of mine through a 20 rep squat and after collapsing, puking and being sore for a week, he really learned how to appreciate pain, LOL !
    They reserved a special place in Hell for people that force other people to do Super Squats. You tend to see Jesus at some point and ask him if he wants to work in.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Blog Entries
    I think this is just an old school new school thing.
    The day that you stay in your 6 x 8 feet prison cell, the day that you will appreciate your stance training.

- Rnning is better than walking.
    - Walking is better than sitting (stance training).
    - Sitting is better than laying down.
    - Laying down is better than to be dead.

Blog Entries
    The day that you stay in your 6 x 8 feet prison cell, the day that you will appreciate your stance training.

- Rnning is better than walking.
    - Walking is better than sitting (stance training).
    - Sitting is better than laying down.
    - Laying down is better than to be dead.
    I'd imagine you'd be a real monster if you trained in your cell to pass the time.

Hey man, no arguments here. Just sayin' that was one way, there are others and i agree that some are better. Sometimes we need to question the "why" with something other than, "just because we've always done it like that."