Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your style's best combat form/set

Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    This is the modern version. There is no way the head can reach the bunghole from that range. The upper elbow should be bent at least as much as the lower. In fact the lower forearm should almost be vertical. Also both hands are in the wrong position and should be turned with the palms facing outwards (and upward with the top hand) and in held in eagle claws. The original Hebei version was done with a leap as soon as the two hands are drawn apart, so technically there should be no dengshan bu either.
    The wushu guys ruin everything...

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i remember a story that when shi dejian was challenged by a famous american fighter who train UFC, he used teh exact same technique, and head butt so hard his head was lodged inside his opponents anus, and they had to take them to denfeng hospital to surgically remove.

another variation is using both hands to stretch open the opponents anus, then head butt

Its true, and was somewhat *******ised by Will Smith in Han****. I saw a documentary in Winnipeg where he cites that as his inspiration. He doesnt have the real kung fu
    When it does happen, it's fast and hard and over quick. Either I'm standing or he's standing. That's Real.
    nospam

You type because you have fingers. Not because you have logic.
    Phil Redmond

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    In your opinion, what do you feel is your style's best form application wise for using on the street?

List the form and the style.
    1. find and pick up weapon, such as bar stool, belt, pebbles--

2. search and plan for safety or run away/ exiting route

why, usually the bag guys will outnumber you or carry weapon

--

so the style is out smart and out run,

the form is duck and cover, defensive and run.

--

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i remember a story that when shi dejian was challenged by a famous american fighter who train UFC, he used teh exact same technique, and head butt so hard his head was lodged inside his opponents anus, and they had to take them to denfeng hospital to surgically remove.

another variation is using both hands to stretch open the opponents anus, then head butt

Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    This is the modern version. There is no way the head can reach the bunghole from that range. The upper elbow should be bent at least as much as the lower. In fact the lower forearm should almost be vertical. Also both hands are in the wrong position and should be turned with the palms facing outwards (and upward with the top hand) and in held in eagle claws. The original Hebei version was done with a leap as soon as the two hands are drawn apart, so technically there should be no dengshan bu either.
    When done properly as in Northern Colostomy Boxing it is known as "Using the 3 external harmonies to gaze upon opponent's 3 internal harmonies" . . .

Yeah, I got nothing.

godd*mnu
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Obscure historical fact; Colostomy Boxing shares a common lineage with Mouth Boxing.

TRUE FACT.

The State Commission for Physical Culture and Sports originally intended to include Colostomy Boxing in the development of standardized changquan, however, cleaning the carpet after every performance was found to be too onerous.

In the West there is a commonly practiced hybridization of Colostomy/Mouth Boxing.

I myself practice the contemporary stylized performance variant.

While I readily admit my gong fu is sh*t, I talk sh*t strictly for teh lulz.
    Last edited by wenshu; 05-12-2011 at 08:31 AM.

he shang zhuang zhong

the monk hitting the bell.

head butt to the abdomen, upper fist to chest/chin, lower fist to groin

three prongs approach.

sounds good.

but the weakest link is your neck joint.

so focus on forward power and not upward, do not want to break your own neck in the process, so to speak.

your ending posture/structure is rigid, your body movement in unison.

the recoiling power from the opponent is transferred down your feet and then ground.

---

in bagua it's the [circle fist form],this form was created by my teacher,from traditional bagua moves. i have used exact move and combos from that form,in no less then three real fight with great success.

Most aggressive forms

I like what the guy above me said - avoid fighting...but...

In Lung Ying, Dan Bin Gau Jiew. Very aggressive, straight line (for Dragon). Same for Bic Bo Soy Kiew - unrelenting. "Just go in and kill the guy"...

In Bak Mei, of course, Gau Bo Toy. If do right, no can defend.

Cheers - kevin

We have one set that has some good techniques in it.
    Elbow strikes, angled steps, short low kicks.
    It's typical of the techniques that are bread and butter to the style itself in conflict.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Moi Fa Kuen has good short hand combative techniques such as trapping, counter trapping, clearing and countering, and some good attacks and locks.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Huh?

Do you mean countering trap attempts? Or do you mean countering trapping with trapping? The latter would be kind of a low-percentage tactic, imo...
    both, it's your choice. Some of the moves counter trapping moves by clearing and grabbing and strike, others are strikes that when checked, become traps and strikes,i.e. lop-dar, pak-dar, chuin-kiu(threading) nothing complex, just basic one-two's.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Moi Fa Kuen has good short hand combative techniques such as trapping, counter trapping, clearing and countering, and some good attacks and locks.
    Is that similiar to "you punch, your opponent blocks, you re-block his block, and punch again"?

I find this concept is quite unique in TCMA. I have not seen this concept used in boxing, MT, or karate.

distancing is to play safe and to intrude the opponent safe zone at the same time

1. chuan zhang or penetrating palm in ba gua.

2. cloud hand in tai chi

3. beng quan in xing yi

----